Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Google Sheets Quest Log - Looking for feedback. :)

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:10:22 )
Hi. I'm Pags.

I've been working on a Google Sheet document that I'm calling the ULTIMATE Voltra Quest Log (it's for anyone who dreams of collecting every item on Voltra). I'm doing this to teach myself how to use Google Sheets, but I'm completing it for fun (because I'm a nerd).

It is INCOMPLETE. I am posting it so that I can get some feedback from the people who may use it. (So please don't be concerned by any incomplete lists or repeated tables. I'll update this as I complete sections and will inform the public when its ready to use.

Features:
  • Multiple tabs to neatly separate the different kinds of items. (Sets, orbs, shop items, etc.) These can be found at the bottom of the page. (I believe that the tabs can appear at the top when on mobile.)
  • Status menu with the options: questing, bought, donated. (You need to be logged into a google account to make a copy of the file before you can use this function. File > Make a Copy)
  • Price spent so you can keep track of how much you purchased the item for. Currently only has a volt option - would you want another column for ohms?
  • Date received so you can keep track of when you acquired the item if you feel so inclined.

Shop items are more complicated because there are so many individual colors involved. They have the most detailed sheet. Currently, their features include:
  • Collapsible columns and rows. There really is a lot going on in the shops, so I opted to make excess items (past three) and all colors collapsible. This is what it looks like when they're not collapsed - it's a lot, right?

• You can keep track of how many items total you have left to buy from each shop and how many colors left per item, as well as estimated cost and how much you've spent so far (based off of full price). I wanted to make it so that you could alter the amount you spent on each item (in the event that you purchased them at a discount), but that would seriously clutter the table. (Would you prefer that "spent so far" be "current value"?)

I'll be adding an option to sort the tables alphabetically, cost, and status.

Please let me know what you think. * u * And...I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this. > _ >;;;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:22:56 )

Wow this is really cool. Has it helped you learn how to use Google Docs?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:27:12 )

Wow that's gonne be a lot of work. I wish you luck on it.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:31:13 )

@Totalanimefan: It has helped me learn Google Sheets (Docs is the Word equivalent)! :D I've already been able to spruce up some other data spreads I have because of it.

@vengeance: LOL, yeah. :) It'll keep me during my winter break.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:33:07 )

@pagliacci: Have you used my voltra shops sheet for the prices listed so far for the commons?

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:33:53 )

@vengeance: I haven't! O: Where do I find that?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:35:56 )

@pagliacci: It can be found here
All prices are listed here. I have not listed the amount of recolours there are of each common however. You can use that sheet for the prices.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:37:46 )

@vengeance: Oh I see! Thanks.
    The values are automatically calculated on my sheet, so I thankfully don't have to add anything up. I just enter one value and it does its thing.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:39:50 )

@pagliacci: Even better. I used it calculate the total for each shop.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:43:42 )

@vengeance: I thought about adding a total shop price too. HMMM. I want to make sure it stays looking nice and not cluttered, but there really are so many values that could be added!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 22:54:07 )

@pagliacci: Indeed there is.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 23:03:11 )

@pagliacci: that’s good! I’m working on something at work that is really teaching me how to use excel.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:40:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Awesome! It's such a useful tool and you'll be able to put on your resume that you know how to use it. * U *

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:43:25 )

@pagliacci: yes it is. I wish that I was better at excel but it’s also pretty confusing lol

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:44:48 )

@Totalanimefan: I think the problem is that there is just sooooo much information, but once you start figuring it out it all starts making more sense. <3 It just takes patience!
A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 06:50:32 )

@pagliacci: True that! And what if you forget along the way too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.