Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat what helps you sleep?

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 17:34:12 )
i have problems with sleep (you may already know since i talk about it way too much.) particularly i wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep. i've tried white noise/calming music and it works some of the time. i find white noise is more useful than music since i focus too much on the melody. my therapist really wants me to try meditation before bed but i always forget to do it. :p is there anything else that helps put you to sleep?

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 18:32:24 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I have a fan on for sleeping
For snoozing through long road trips, I throw on the Enya Channel on iHeartRadio

Maybe with music, find instrumental stuff?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:46:57 )
pills...... but if i take them you can waste me the day after.... but if i cant sleep its the only thing that helps fo me atm
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:54:58 )

@misery: Meditation can help (as you've mentioned) - maybe set an alarm or reminder to help you do it? Otherwise, a hot bath before bed, some hot tea, and/or getting off of the computer, phone and TV a good hour before I'm about to try to sleep help me sleep at night. It completely stinks waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep - I've had this happen. It's absolutely zero fun. When it happens, I end up reading in bed, hoping to go back to sleep, but I often feel like all I do is "nap" during these times.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:55:52 )

@misery: Oh! You might want to make sure your vitamin D and Iron levels are optimized too... I've noticed when mine drop, my sleep gets screwy.

Good luck.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 20:23:09 )

There are a lot of different things that work for a lot of different people. You could start by making sure that you go to bed and wake up at the same time. That will really help your body. Exercise during the day helps. I find that if I sit in my butt all day and don’t get up (unless I was sick) it’s hard for me to fall asleep.
No blue light an hour before bed. Think like no phone or computer. Maybe try reading before bed.
And the last one is that your bed and bedroom should only be for sleeping and sex. Don’t do work or homework in that room or in bed. Your brain will better associate it with sleep is the only thing you do is sleep there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 23:12:36 )
I'm terrible and find a good drink helps me to sleep long and hard.
I used to have a really hard time going to sleep. I still do at times. Being busy during the day, moving around a lot helps.

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 23:32:28 )
ASMR can help me relax enough to try to get to sleep. Less talking and mouth noises and more stuff like tapping and crinkling.
But I also know that ASMR isn't a lot of people's thing. Rain noises are also really nice. For me, I tend to just put on youtube videos as background noise to help me sleep, but my issue is anxiety and when things are quiet, the anxiety spikes.

I dunno, I hope you can find something that helps you stay asleep. Dx

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:07:48 )

I was having problems sleeping and looked up things I could do a few years ago after medication wasn't helping. I found this word game you play in your head. It hasn't worked for anyone I've recommended it to, but it works for me almost every time I do it.

You think of a simple word that doesn't invoke much thought, with no repeating letters. For example: DREAM

Start with the letter D. Think of every word you can that starts with D. Don't think too hard, just let them come to mind. The trick is to think of them quickly, and not to think about anything else except more words. Ex: Dog, Dig, Ditch, Deli, Drama, Delivery, Day, Dead

When you either can't think of more words without pausing for a long time, or you just get tired of that letter, you move on to the next one. When it does work for me, I fall asleep around the 4th letter.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:44:13 )
I have to have a fan going to sleep.
Like I HAVE TO, it’s weird. I dunno. XDD;;
I also find that I often have to utilize something like a half dose of ZzzQuil (or similar) to nudge sleep when sleeping unnatural hours.

(Sleep is really hard to achieve for someone who works nights, like my shift.
Doing human stuff during the day on my days off, so getting rocked back and forth like that makes for a pretty unhappy vampire. XD;; )

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:20:52 )

I super stretch and do deep breathing when I cannot sleep. And also warm tea helps me too. <3

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.