Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Newcomer supply depot

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 21:28:17 )
Greetings. I'm fairly new here--incredibly new, just made the account today. I can't seem to find a guide anywhere, although I have found the rules on the forums. Where should I go to figure out what to do? The first steps, as it were? I have looked, and I feel I must simply be missing something obvious.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 22:25:30 )

@Avocado: the first step should probably be making a thread in the Welcome forum!
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view/5

Also, check out the newbie guide:
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/969

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:09:05 )
@Lina

That's super helpful and exactly what I was trying to find! :frizz-celebrate: Thank you~<333

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:13:04 )

@Avocado: no problem! And don’t be afraid to post basically everywhere!
Everyone on here is super friendly and always happy to have more people to talk to

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:22:04 )
@Lina:

I was sort of hoping I would look more presentable before I started going about doing that. I suppose it's silly, I imagine it'd be obvious I'm new. I do have another question in relation to that, however. Where can I find more bases? I can't seem to find any in the shop, and I'd like to find a skin tone to match that abs thing in Vyc's Modz!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:38:58 )
@Q t e a p o n:
@lina:
Now all I have to do is figure out which one I want first, Cloud or Crocodile....

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:41:06 )

@Avocado: the bodies are over here:
https://www.voltra.us/shops/vycs-modz/3651
I thought the abs came with the whole body, but I’ve never bought one. >.<

There’s no shame in running around as just a body for a while. We all do it.
But if you want some cool free stuff, read up on the advent calendar before it leaves: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/8901

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:39:30 )
@Lina:

I did the Advent Calendar stuff! I don't now what to do with the box thing. How do I open it?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:41:41 )

@Avocado: at the top of the page you click your image to go to your inventory.
The tab farthest to the right should be “consumables” which is the boxes you can open. That’s how you pick which item you want from them

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:49:42 )

@Lina: ikr?? it's a struggle

@Avocado: hi there! welcome to voltra :D
your avi's looking pretty cool already!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:56:16 )
@lina:
That was a huge help, thanks! I somehow missed the tab. I meant to thank you earlier, I got caught up trying on all the things.

@ephenay:
I spent a few hours working it out. xD I still have 200 more currency I can get from the puzzles, but I think it's only Candy Canes...? I only need two more items!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:20:20 )

@Avocado: ooh save those candy canes. the winter solstice event is ending in a few hours but you'll have another week to buy the event items from joyful jamboree. puzzles only give out event currency atm btw! ok enough of candy canes XD
you can earn volts through posting. every subforum you can earn a cap of 50 volts per post, being 2 characters = 1 volt. you can earn a lot just hanging out chatting to people.

what i like to do for quick money is go to the undercurrent, that's our spam forum. the cap there is 10 volts. i guess it inflates your post count if you care about that but i have no shame. while boring, it comes in handy for when the site is slow at times~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:20:43 )

hope that helps!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:44:44 )
@ephenay:
That helps a lot. Is the triple post thing still relevant for Undercurrent?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:49:33 )

@Avocado: nope! you can post as many times as you want there

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:55:28 )
@ephenay:

I shall certainly have myself a poke around! Any other useful tips?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:08:59 )

@Avocado: hmm if you're wondering what items look like and stuff, check out the item museum. the arcade is another good place!
i think that's all i got XD

but yeah, definitely go explore and most of all-- don't forget to have fun :)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:18:46 )

@ephenay:
That is actually very helpful. Does it say where item in question originated, too? I could do all my searching from there!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:22:58 )

@Avocado: happy to help!
yes! everything is organized by year. OH i almost forgot, you can find the Price Guide near the top of The Exchange.

since there is no search function in place yet, you can google "site:https://www.voltra.us/ insertsearchhere" and do your searches that way ^-^

banner by Ruby ❤️

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:58:42 )

@ephenay:
Price guides are a must-have for item hunting. Thank you for that!
Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.