Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My boyfriend is depressing me

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 18:36:20 )

"I see him pop up on facebook and hoping he would message me but nope. He has yet to say happy turkey day or something like that. Yes, he messages me everday but only good morning and good night. Lately I feel ignored and it is driving my anxiety to a breaking point. He says he will be there for me but lately he hasn't and I know why, just that he needs to say it himself. See, I believe he is suffering from some medical issues he is not indulging with me yet. He tells me bits and pieces but never the full story. I get it, he doesn't want me to worry but he has been making me worry constantly. Ugh I feel so lost right now. This is more so a rant, but also to get advice into what I should say or do.... He doesn't respond well to long text messages, usually ignores them and just says good morning or night or whatever..... And phone calls have not happened in a while, partly my fault but also he been getting home at like 1 am from work. I just hope he isn't cheating on me. I don't think he is, it would be kind of hard too considering we are blasted on social media. But i don't know honestly. Its depressing. "

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 18:42:45 )
@MoonEevee: just talk with him about this issue and i really would set a a breaking point at this point! i know this this happens with one of my exes too and than he broke up...... just write it this way.... "if you want to break up with me than do it" if he says no than anwser "than stop ignoring me and keep texting me more than twice a day, because else i feel ignored and depressed"
thats what i would do =O it always worked with my current BF but wee see ich other every week + texting and phoning

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 18:46:41 )

"@Miss Sandman: He isn't a texter, so usually speak in person or on phone with personal problems, however I always tell him to text me in the morning and at night to inform him if we can talk. It has been a while and last night he was exhausted and went to bed early. I don't think he wants to end things, I just think he is getting a little comfortable in this relationship and doesn't need to make the effort. I don't know. It's stressful for me not knowing what's going on. "

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 18:53:01 )
@MoonEevee: yeah than you really need to ask him that that he noticed what youre upset.... even if he is just lazy its hurting you!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 18:57:49 )

"@Miss Sandman: I know. I am a silent sufferer cause I hate putting it on others, however for my health I have to talk to him. I may do so tonight. I think he gets out of work early today cause it is Thanksgiving. He works for a bakery. "

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 19:00:54 )
@MoonEevee: yes its better for you dear! you dont win anything if you stay silent about!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 19:38:27 )
@MoonEevee: I really absolutely understand with your situation. I've been through it before, he is just scared and also worried that you'll worried about him of what he does. Either way, I think you still message him everyday, even if he doesn't seem interested, it will give him that sense that you really care about him. If he is not a texter, call on his butt, hopefully responds to your calls and ask how his day was. Just the lil things open to greater things. I hope things between you will blossom in the end.. <3
Don't Judge By Looks, Judge By Heart ♥

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 19:07:26 )

Just be honest with him, even if he doesn't take it well. You have every right to speak your mind and say you're troubled.
Something along the lines of "I feel really worried when you don't speak to me because it seems like you're losing interest and are just doing your thing whether I"m here or not. In this partnership I want to feel that we are still connected, but right now it seems the opposite"
if he gets upset, well.. that's not your fault or responsibility to prevent. It takes 2 to have a relationship. If its too much trouble even just to text your girlfriend back, if you can go days and days without talking to her (or whatever the case is), then really he's just living as if he is single.

All in all, a relationship should feel comfortable to you. Please keep that in mind that your happiness is so much more important <3
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/4 07:37:39 )

I agree with QT. Communication makes or breaks any relationship!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.