Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Idea for the AOTW system

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 10:24:10 )
i love the AOTW but for me and other users seems that always the same ppl win (pls no hate its just a statement of me)
i think it would be fair for the other users if a user that wins dont may participate in the competition for like 2 weeks or a month!
other sites (more than one) make it the same way and everybody is happy because the chances to win for everyone are more fair =)

like i say pls no hate i dont mean it in a bad way for the winners of the competition iam just saying!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 10:55:42 )

i thought i read somewhere that the winners can't enter the following aotw. maybe i'm tripping, but to think that rule is not already set is kinda surprising.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 10:57:20 )
@ephenay: i really dont see a rule like thar if its set akready iam sorry but in dont think so =O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:03:27 )

@Miss Sandman: yeah i don't see it either. weird..

yeah not allowing others to dominate every week would promote fairness and give other people a chance to win. yep, this should've been a rule already

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:04:22 )
@ephenay: thank you that you see it the same way =))

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:08:45 )

@Miss Sandman: like i could see the reasoning behind allowing it but i don't think it's a sustainable way to go about it

banner by Ruby ❤️

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:15:58 )
@ephenay: yes other users could be offendet by it and dont enter the competition anymore! and this isnt the right thing!

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:25:19 )

I thought we have a clause that people can still enter but cant win 2 times in a row
But i cant seem to find it now xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 11:36:06 )
@Raxton: maybe its just not there xD

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 12:06:35 )

Hahahha yeahh xD
But i kinda understand why they dont add that clause tho..
Since it is also quite hard to win 2 times in a row
No one ever won 1st prize 2 times in a row so far btw

If there is something that is need to be changed imo the voting system..
At this point, it gives a big advantage to people who have mules to vote tbh, especially since we are allowed to vote for ourselves xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 12:28:08 )
@Raxton: thats right it dont happen yet 2 times in a row but i think its still more fair for other users if the winner dont may psrticipate for a while :) i just know that it worked well for other sites like ernya (rip ernya) and well iam not the only one who would wish for! I just dont want to Post this idea yet because i always think it cause hate.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 14:13:59 )
Hey, thank you guys for the feedback! I know another site had this rule in place to prevent the same people from dominating the voting week after week.

I'll bring this to the staff's attention and see what can be done going forward.

We do have a small userbase of active users, and sometimes not a lot of people vote either, like last week, we had 15 DMs for voting, I believe, and that was including mules.

At the current state, it's indeed easy to skew voting if you and a friend vote solely for one entry, since votes are usually spread out so just that little extra attention from one or two users can twist the tides.

Hopefully once AOTW is somewhat of an automatic process, it'll encourage people to vote more and this issue won't occur.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as this was definitely overlooked, apologies.
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 14:27:31 )
@Dipper: i just can say thank you *bows* :)

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 17:39:13 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Miss Sandman: I honestly wouldn’t be mad not to participate if I had just won. That’s why I’m taking breaks from entering from time to time, especially after ranking. And I think we’ve had one person win twice, but not back to back. And that person’s avis are usually nice so their win makes sense to me. Let’s see how the pattern of winners goes on for a bit more. ^^ Like Dipper said, the site is small, and there aren’t that many voters. That means that every vote makes a difference.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 20:12:03 )

I agree with Goblin.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/27 23:26:49 )
@Goblin: its not like they re restricted forever i just know the other aotw systems with a clause like that and like i said i dont want to spread hate or anything! i just wanted to say! sure the avatars they win are really gorgeous i never say they dont work hard on it or anything! its just uncommon not to restrict the winnders for like some weeks! and sure if there were more voters this would be pretty nice!

@kiwi: like i said to goblin..... and yes the pool of enterers and voters is pretty small so far! but i just wanted to say because its logical for >ME<. if the site owners and the staff didnt agree with me its okay for me too and it just was an idea! its not nessencary!
if the voters and the enterers grow, this rule may will not be unfair anymore though because more ppl get the chance to win.

i didnt told yet because i wanted to avoid a discuss wich is fair for the others and wich is unfair.......

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 00:17:39 )
@kiwi: i see its a diffrent system i also understand your point. if the users and the staff dont agree with its fine for me aswell like i say... but i still think this rule would be make sense! =)
or something similar
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 01:51:34 )

Discussions are good :)

If its only 15 votes all thats recorded in a session, then yeah 3 votes for ourselves ( via mule ) could break the voting tbh.

Just an idea, maybe only let the participants vote & make the voting phase mandatory for all the participants?
Since we cant use mules to participate, all participants = main accounts tbh..

I know that its basically restricting some people to vote.. And it will give smaller number of votes, but this way, i think it will make it a more even playing field for all participants tbh

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.