Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts into the night | a hang

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 19:32:14 )

@Deaa: where did you get the plates from?

Yeah what the heck is up with PA not doing their job. My mom said a coworker of hers got it and she has high blood pressure and obesity and so does my mom. So my mom is going to call around and trying to get it. Honestly I forgot that obesity means you can get the shot early and not I’m like extra pissed at that state. How many at risk people are falling through the cracks there? My non should have been first after the people in nursing homes. Honestly.

If you do want to get it sooner rather than later you can see if there are any places near you with extra shots at the end of the day that would otherwise go to waste. Quite a few of my friends in various states have gotten it since because of that. It’s better than letting a shot go to waste.

Yesterday I did see a park with flowers and cherry blossoms trees. They were always at peak bloom but not yet. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday? I know next weekend they will be ready for sure. I just know that everyone is going to try it next weekend so I want to try and go during the week.

Florida has been crazy during the pandemic. Trust me, before the pandemic I missed living in Florida but there aren’t really a lot of good paying jobs there, but I missed the weather and my friends, but I’m so glad I didn’t live there during the pandemic it was just the Wild West over there and no many people needlessly passed and people that I know got harassed for wearing masks, etc. but luckily it’s getting better.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 19:32:30 )

How are things in LA?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 17:59:55 )

@totalanimefan: ikea, they're just the regular glossy plates in mint-green

oh yeah I heard about that! my friend got hers after the nurse looked her up and down and assumed she qualified cause of her weight :Y
    hoping your mom's had better luck in the last two weeks!

I actually got my first does last week! my friend works at the local department of health and told me they had extras for that exact reason (expiring vaccines) so I'm due for my second shot April 21st! I dragged my other friend along cause he hadn't even had time/opportunity to preregister

did you end up with any good pics of the flowers in full bloom?

yeah, I feel like it'd be a good place to be outside of a pandemic, but just like Texas, the pandemic showed a side of Florida that I don't mind being very far away from. I'm glad things are getting better though!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 20:19:25 )

@Deaa: Oh I'll have to take a look. On the subject of mint, I just bought a mint plant today! Yay! I had been wanting one for a while and I decided to take a chance on it. I hope I can keep it alive.

My mom did end up getting her first shot but she had a call a lot of CVS's and such to find an appt. Congrats on getting the appt! I don't have mine yet but I'm sure soon it will be open for me.

I did get some good pics. Let me link you!
The Cherry Blossom one I was talking about from 2 weeks ago
From Today

I agree. I thought about moving to Austin instead of living in CA, but yikes I'm really glad that I didn't. It's too bad that the politics ruin otherwise nice states.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 19:10:42 )

@totalanimefan: love a mint plant! I miss having more plants around the house, but my cat eats everything he can get his little teeth around *rolls eyes* but SOMEHOW he does not go after the catnip plant I bought specifically for him to gnaw on -_____-

has your state started "general admission" for the vaccines yet? MO started on the 9th and I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of vaccine availability but not everyone is getting it, so there's a lot with the potential to expire

thanks for linking me! ^^~
    oooh very frigging pretty ; u; those pictures make me wanna skip work and go outside lol

yyeeesss exactly that! now, Missouri may be racist and terribly racist outside of the cities, I haven't seen a state that's shown me a lot of promise that I could move there (keywords: with reasonably priced apartments!!!)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 20:30:49 )

@Deaa: That's cause cats are jerks lol. I'm really surprised that mine has left it alone. He gets into everything.
Just today my county announced 'general admission' but there are no appt. Maybe I'll try tonight.

Thanks it was really pretty. How is spring looking where you are? Did you do anything outside this weekend?

Yeah I know what you mean. The places with good policy everyone wants to move to, but they don't build enough housing to keep up with demand, so the prices are high.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 06:00:28 )

@totalanimefan: YES they really are jerks lol and honestly, they're probably gnawing on them after you leave home
    that's why I have mine hanging out of reach on a single clothing rack from ikea *evil laugh*
    good luck to you then!

spring is WARM so warm it's getting hot and humid already lol
    the flowers are starting to look cute too 💘

ahhh is that what the problem is? demand and supply? and here I thought it was solely greedy people wanting more money lol
    (I'm sure they're in the mix still though

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 18:39:53 )

@Deaa: cats are such buttholes but we love them anyway. It’s been cloudy the last two days here and I hope my plant is getting enough light. It’s probably fine though, right?

Last week it was really warm here. This week so far it’s been cloudy and cooler. In the 50’s 60’s.

Well it’s a lot of factors that go into why housing is expensive. Landlords trying to get everything they can is one factor but also people since the great recession have been moving to cities. (For various reasons) the cities and the surrounding areas tend to not have built enough housing. We are building less housing per year than we were in the 2000’s but our population is much larger. People are having kids, moving out, immigration too. Of course there is the increase in construction materials from when Trump was president, zoning laws in most of the country that make it illegal to build anything but a single-family home, parking minimums and so on. There isn’t one reason exactly but I would say lack of building enough housing is the greatest problem. I spend a lot of my free time on this issue and trying to get housing built in my community but it’s also a National problem.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 16:50:47 )

@totalanimefan: HAHA they really are, however, mine has been throwing up on my carpet less recently, so we're in a good place right now
    they're probably fine, as long as they're getting their water!
    if they can make it through winter indoors, they can go without direct sun for a hot minute~

it's soooo frigging strange, we had snow last tuesday and it's peaking at 85 degrees today
    the heat begins and it won't stop (except for rain) until september :/
    I just wish we got another week or 2 of actual spring temperatures

OH WOW I didn't even think about that o:
    those are really good points... now I have to sit down and rethink my stance lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:27:12 )

@Deaa: That's good to hear. My dog is still going in the house but some day he still holds it lol

Thanks! I'm watering my mint plant every other day. It seems to need it that often. It's been cloudy, but the rest of the week it should be sunny so I'm sure it's going to love that. It will be 85F here too, but here it didn't snow last week. Just got down close to freezing. The weekend here we will be back to spring-like days with it being in the 60's. Sorry your summer is starting already lol

Don't be too hard on yourself we just listen to the people around us when it comes to local issues like housing instead of looking at data. We hear our neighbor say something about how the town/city has changed (in a bad way). Something, something about how our school system has gone downhill. At a family BBQ an aunt complains about traffic. But rarely do we ever look up why. Like the increase in traffic is more likely because there isn't enough housing so people commute further away, but not because of that one new apartment building in the middle of town.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 18:28:33 )

Oh also the event has started on Voltra. You probably noticed. You should play the daily event games for the free event items. I'm liking the theme and items a lot. They are super cute!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 05:23:30 )

@totalanimefan: congrats on the puppy potty training progress! (wait, is it a puppy?)

haha my friend's tomato plant (he leaves it in my apartment for some reason) is just like your mint plant—obnoxiously dramatic for constant watering,
    hopefully your mint plant is on a good day!
    lol and it's cool, we're right back to the rainy part of spring, gotta love midwest weather

and again! really good points
    I mostly just blame everything on redlining and white flight in the past, particularly in my city cause it was really just that bad that the city has never gotten over it and I don't think it could, like the food deserts here are LARGE, and this may be a factor in it because who wants to develop new or update old properties in neighborhoods like that :/ damn... i'm connecting dots over here lol

yes, i've done all the games at this point! this theme is really cute~
    also the website skin is too, i'm considering leaving behind the blackout skin!
    I just really don't feel like talking in the forums ^^;;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 05:55:11 )

OH NO, the cafe not a website skin option :'(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 14:57:29 )

@Deaa: no, he’s an old dog ^^; too old to hold it.

I wish there was a new theme for the site to go along with this event too. I guess they are a lot of work and instead we got new NPCs and a shop lol

Oh yes, redlining and food deserts (and sometimes people say ghost towns to mean places without restaurants, drs, jobs, etc) places that are poor and stay poor but through no fault of the people living there. :( it’s a huge problem that needs to get solved. Hopefully we can get parks, doctors offices, firefighters and other essential services in those neighborhoods.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 15:00:17 )

If you like reading and want to learn more there is a book called The Color of Law. It talks about this subjects. Maybe your library would have it or you could get it from a bookstore.
https://www.epi.org/publication/the-color-of-law-a-forgotten-history-of-how-our-government-segregated-america/

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 19:11:19 )

@totalanimefan: awww senior puppy ; u; how cute
    what breed is he?

oOOH yea, i'm excited to see how the new shop and NPCs do in the future
    I wanna see more of their personalities in future events~

woowowow this is so interesting!
    I'D LOVE TO READ MORE OF THIS, thanks for the recommendation!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:12:10 )

@Deaa: He's a Chihuahua. ^^

OMG yes. I love our NPCs. On other sites I normally won't really care, but on Voltra I think they are great and I always want to see more.

No problem. It's a highly recommended book. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 22:21:50 )

@totalanimefan: AWWWW I love tiny senior dogs ; u; <3
    (disclaimer, I also love medium and giant senior dogs)

I also usually don't care! this site i've gotta pretty invested in them, mostly Velvet and Static~
    I enjoy flirting with the NPCs in games and getting turned down cause you can't date an NPC
    *quickly scribbles a proposal where you date an NPC in a game*

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 22:34:47 )

@Deaa: That's Pinto a tiny, senior, brown Chihuahua. lol

I love Velvet. I think she is the best. I feel like her personality and looks was more strong black women archetype, which I love, but I feel like she still is but has softened a little bit too. I just love her so much.
Static is pretty cute too. The Guardians are cute in general. ^^ Oh last Spring event we had an NPC dating sim. I'm so sorry you missed it. I asked the staff if they could add the game back for fun once the games page is up and running.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.