Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 06:17:59 )

Desiree was silent for a moment after Luke had said what he did.

"I..." She started bnefore just laughing lightly.

"Well, that's cool. I guess it makes sure that the mana of the planet itself gets to be too great sometimes." She continued.

"I mean, it would make sense that when someone dies, their mana would return to the bplanet." She then said. before pausing.

". . . . never considered a deity of any sort becoming too powerful though."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 06:50:28 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Guess it's unique to her." Luke responded.

"....yeah..." he mumbled.

"Oh well. Anyway." he then said, shaking his head.

"Some weird stuff is happening around us." he told her.

"Everyone's acting... not themselves, and it's scaring me." he went on.

"...Mom and Dad don't seem to notice... or care... and Lily is... Lily is frightening now." he then said further, pausing for a moment, collecting his thoughts, and looking at Desiree again.

"She won't defend herself in a fight anymore." he told her.

"And she doesn't react at all to being told you love her." he continued. "She's... not acting herself." he went on.

"Nobody seems to be..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 07:02:03 )

"I..." Desiree started before shrugging.

"Maybe she's just hormo---" She sighed before shaking her head.

"Whatever it is, it keeps tryin' to get me to comply, and it seriously isn't fun." She said.

"But that... really is concerning." She agreed.

"But... but what is it that we can do?" She asked, thinking about it. After a few seconds she looked to Luke.

"Wait... how much control do you have over the extra mana you have? As in... can you isolate it?"

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 07:42:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just sighed.

"I... yeah." he said.

"It... it keeps trying to get me to agree and comply, and just go along with things." he told her.

"Like... it's... I don't know how to say it." he muttered, thinking about it.

"Almost like... it's trying to get me to not think for myself, and take whatever explanation people give me." he went on.

"As for what we can do... I don't know." he admitted, before realising what she had asked him.

"Can I... isolate it?" he asked in response. "Yeah... yeah, kinda. Why?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 07:45:35 )

"I... can totally relate." Desiree said.

"But... have you tried sprouting a plant with that mana specifically?" She asked, a bit of a curious expresion on her face. She leaned back in chair she was sitting in.

"Because... if you can... since it's offering you some protection, maybe you can offer some protection to your family as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:03:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah..." Luke stammered, before thinking.

"I doubt that would wor-" he started to say, before shaking his head violently.

"No." he said.

"I have not tried sprouting a plant with THAT mana, specifically." he told her.

"I mean... maybe I could try..." he then said, thinking about it.

"It might offer some kind of sanctuary... much like Gaea herself, at the Unit." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:05:41 )

Desiree smiled softly.

"Maybe you should try." She commented as she leaned forward a bit, her elbows on her knees.

"If only just because of the fact that you never know until you try." She added before pausing.

"And.. honestly? You draydins not acting like yourselves is probably the most concerning oddity out there at the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:25:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Luke was silent, his eyes drifting to the view that he was getting of Desiree's cleavage, before nodding.

"Right." he said, mentally slapping himself.

"One moment." he told her, his face slightly red, as he left.

He then left the room, and was gone for about 2 minutes, before returning with a pot of soil, setting it down on the table in front of them.

"Okay." he mumbled.

"I... I'm going to try." he told Desiree.

"I don't know if I can succeed... but... but I WILL try..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:27:34 )

Desiree just chuckled after he was gone. By the time he returned, she'd already put her sweater back on, the large collar reaching up and around her shoulders, sitting just above them and falling loosely around her neck.

"Even if you can't do it," she started, "At least you will have put the effort out to try." She said with a smile.

"That's all I think anyone can ask for, for the moment." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:45:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke composed himself, and nodded.

"R-right." he said.

He then concentrated hard, and placed his hands upon the soil.

When he did, the entire pot seemed to glow and radiate with life energy, and Desiree could almost FEEL the essence of nature pouring out from it.

Luke concentrated even harder, trying to isolate the mana that Gaea had given him, and then trying to funnel it into the soil. In the end, he managed to do it... but some his own mana was still in there, about a 90/10 ratio.

He then lifted his hands up, and Desiree saw a bud start to rise up, reaching about 3 inches in height... before it bloomed into a very light pink lily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:49:00 )

Desiree chuckled lightly.

"Well done, Luke." She said with a smile as she looked around.

"How are you feeling?" She asked after a moment, her voice curious.

"Because ... that can't have been easy to do. Certainly didn't look it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 09:05:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke was sweating heavily, and collapsed into the couch he was sitting on.

"I... am tired and drained." he said.

"But... but I did it." he said further.

"That should... protect this house... at least..." he continued between breaths, trying his best to regain his composure once more.

- - - - -

At the Unit, down in one of the interrogation rooms, Ashley was, once again, speaking with Chris.

It had been a few months, and things seemed to be getting worse... not that most people noticed. Luke and Desiree did, and most people at the Unit did, but people were still puzzling over what was happening.

And Ashley was making little to no progress with Chris.

"All I remember is a barrier of sorts." he told her.

"And then... something wrong happened." he mumbled, shaking his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 09:09:09 )

Ashley just sighed as she leaned agains tthe wall behind her, her wings hanging loosely behind, and beside, her.

"Well, no shit you little worm." She stated, her voice sharp in a way that rung bells within his own head, even if he couldn't place it.

Being talked to like that... it just felt right.

"How about you don't repeat the obvious things for once." She stated. "Because obviously you fucked up, otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to dig into your head as WHAT you did."

"You've said all that quite a few times now. You aren't giving anything actually useful." Her voice was certainly sharper than it normally was, and over time it had gotten more and more sharp.

To say it was unusual, and kind of alarming, to see her like this... would be an understatement - to those that knew her, anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 09:26:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just looked to her, and smiled softly.

"Yes, Mistress." he replied.

"...but you're not really my mistress. Not yet." he said further.

"Maybe if you were, then I could remember more." he went on.

"If you were to control me, maybe you could force me to recall what happened." he suggested.

The scary part about all this, was there wasn't a hint of cunning or manipulation in his tone, or his motive. He seemed to be a broken man, desperate for someone to command him. To control him.

And he was only trying to get that right now. Maybe it would help, maybe it wouldn't. He didn't know.

But he certainly hoped she would try it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 13:26:41 )

Ashley was silent for a few seconds. The next thing that came from her was a snarl before she pushed herself off of the wall and closed the distance between the pair of them.

"Don't you dare try and tell me what to do." She warned, her voice promising trouble.

Trouble that he almost found he wanted.

"If you're holding out on me, you will regret it." she then said ebfore turning away from him, her wing smacking him pretty solidly, and making her way back to the wall. As she turned to face him though, the air seemed to shift slightly. It was subtle, and it was only in that room, but if one knew what to look for (or were paying attention) they would notice it.

"Why would I want to be the Mistress of one as low as you? You're less than the dirt beneath my heel." She stated, causing something to bubble beneath the surface for him.

And for her.

Something was happening, and she was on the precipice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 21:55:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At that moment, something happened in Chris.

There was a war going on inside him. A loud voice inside was shouting that he was to be put under her bootheel. He existed to be ground down and used. That this was what was supposed to happen.

But there was also a tiny little voice in the background telling him that he needed to stop this. This wasn't right, and he was ruining a chance he'd been given.

However, the loud voice became even louder when he was hit with the wing.

"If I AM holding out on you, it's not on purpose." he told her in a quiet snivelling tone.

"I am merely suggesting that you might be able to forcefully pull some answers out of me." he explained.

"I don't know why I can't remember anything, but maybe you can literally force my mind to relinquish it, yes?" he explained, a hopeful tone to his voice.

"I am a tool. So use me... Mistress."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 22:17:11 )

Ashley was silent, completely silent, before there was something that could only be described as a 'crack' through the air. It was most apparent in the room, but it was felt throughout the bulk of the building.

"Tch." Was all that he heard before she approached and backhanded him, some of the mana he craved coating her hand.

"You're barely even worth this." She stated.

"But perhaps you'll be able to finally grant me the answer I seek."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 22:25:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris almost fell to the side from the force of the backhand, but paused as he felt the mana seep into him.

"....." he was silent, before sighing.

"...I am yours..." he told her.

"I am yours to do with as you will, my Mistress." he said.

"Command me, and I will do." he went on.

"Speak your will to me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 22:39:04 )

"Delve as far into your own head as you can and find out what you did to my sister." Ashley snarled as she crossed her arms.

"Regardless of what you want, Just find that answer for me. Perhaps, if you perform satisfactorily, I will reward you." She added.

---

Meanwhile, Terra made her way up the head office, her steps silent, but concern in her features. When she knocked on the door and was beckoned to enter, she sighed.

'I'm... not sure what it is that happened, but I do believe that Christopher and Ashley has... had a relationship change. I'm sure you felt it.'

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 22:54:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris nodded enthusiastically, and proceeded to do so.

And it was clear that he was hurting himself to do so.

Meanwhile, Hal was already on alert when Terra came to see him.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"You think Jenkins and Ashley have to do with this?" he asked her.

"Shit." he cursed.

"I need to go there and see them NOW."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.