Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 01:59:49 )

She just quirked an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"And why the hell would I do that?" She asked, her voice ... much like echoes of his past that he could barely gather were there.

"You're nothing. You worked with that bitch I share blood with, and honestly? Why would I want anything to do with you? She threw you away for a reason." She paused for a moment before continued.

"And I want to know why. What did you do?"

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 02:19:51 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I don't know!" Chris yelled.

"I keep telling people! I don't know!" he said.

"I don't remember this Vanessa! I don't know who I am, or who I was!" he went on.

"All I know is that the image of her kissing another elf won't leave me alone, and it eats away at my soul!" he continued, tears streaming down his cheeks now. He was truly pitiful and pitiable right now.

"But I now know I want you to control me! You're like her! THAT I do know as well!" he then went on.

"Let me serve you... my mistress!" he added, suddenly adding the addressing out of nowhere.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 02:32:11 )

She was silent before stepping back.

"No." she stated. Initially, she was rejecting it mostly due to the fact that she knew that while she had the mana, it was under lock and key.

But she found herself rejecting it because she just didn't want to give him the time of day. Found he wasn't worth it.

And that kind of scared her, if she was being honest.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 02:50:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris now looked crestfallen.

He was silent, before sitting down and hugging his knees.

"...why...?" he asked.

"Why do you reject me like that?" he asked her.

"I feel like I should belong to you. Why do you reject me?" he asked further.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did... please..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 02:52:25 )

"Tch." Was all that came from her.

'How can you be sorry when you don't even know WHAT you did?" She asked.

"And why do you want me to control you? I'm not that kind of person." She then said.

". . . and if you had any recollection of me, you'd know that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:12:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...but... but I can see it." Chris then said, looking at her again.

"I... I don't know how else to say it, but... when I look into your eyes, I see... her." he told her further.

"I don't know what that means, but I feel like you are her." he went on.

"She threw me away for whatever reason, but YOU'RE here." he continued.

"I'll do anything for you." he declared.

"Use me. Abuse me. Do whatever. I'm yours."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:15:18 )

". . . . recover your memories then." She stated simply.

"Recall WHY she did what she did to you." She continued, her voice getting a bit cold, and sharp.

"Maybe if you do that, I'll give you what you want. Maybe." That was an attitude that even if he didn't know why, he knew very well and was used to receiving.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:34:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just nodded in response.

"Yes." he responded.

"Yes, of course." he then said.

He then sat down, and Ashley could visibly SEE him trying.

He was wracking his mind. Trying desperately to find the memories.

As he did so, she saw a bit of a red sheen flash over his body, but it was gone as soon as it came.

And as it did so, she saw Chris, ever so briefly, as a tool.

Something to literally use... and throw away.

But that, too, was gone as soon as it came.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:38:19 )

..... what... the hell was that...? Ashley wondered for a moment before shaking her head.

"Whatever." she muttered.

"Just try and be useful to those here." She said before sighing. She'd hang out for awhile, but really didn't expect anything to come of it.

She couldn't deny that she wanted to see him suffer with trying to find something, anything, within him. She had no idea where that was coming from, either...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 04:13:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just nodded again.

As he concentrated, and she stepped a little closer, she saw that sheen across his body once more... although, for the brief moment it was there, she swore she saw a 'piece' of it 'chip' away.

"....barrier...?" Chris mumbled in a moment of clarity.

Meanwhile, in an unknown location, Azari had brought Vanessa more of the mana tea.

"Here you go, Madam." he said when he stepped into the room.

"Freshly made, so it should be more potent than normal."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 04:19:31 )

Vanessa was silent for a moment before sighing as she accepted the tea.

"Thank you, Azari." She said simply.

"At least what I did is taking hold with my sister." She commented, knowing he was aware of what it was that she was doing, at least to an extent. She hadn't told him why, exactly, yet, though.

"With any luck, this won't all be for naught." She added with a light sigh as she took a drink of what he'd brought.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 04:40:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Azari was silent as he heard that, and the almost... fatalistic tone in her voice.

"Madam?" he asked.

"You sound as though your life is dependant on this." he told her.

"I mean, this is definitely a boon to us, to be able to have your mana spread like a virus, but... if it fails for whatever reason, surely we can keep going?" he then asked her.

"Merely a minor setback, yes?" he asked further.

He had to admit, he didn't like the severity in her tone... especially when there was no anger. There was just... a heaviness to it.

And it concerned him greatly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 04:44:19 )

Vanessa was silent for a moment before sighing.

"What I have done, that mana... it will help to break Ashley's lock. She put a lock on her mana years ago, had me help to do it as well." She told him before pausing lightly.

"And as a result, my mana will help with that - a lot." She felt silent for a second after that.

"My time is limited, Azari." She told him plainly.

"What he did, that fuck up... it's a curse, not just a mark." She continued.

"As a result, I'm dying. I think I have about a year."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 05:07:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari's jaw almost dropped, and his heart shattered when he heard that.

"No..." he said.

"No... no, that can't be..." he said in a hushed tone.

"Surely there's something that can be done." he told her.

"We have some of the best medics and researchers on the planet under your control." he continued.

"Surely we can do SOMETHING?" he asked her.

"...or... or is this inevitable...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 05:16:34 )

Vanessa was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Nope." She stated simply.

"I've researched this extensively since it happened." She added after a couple of seconds.

"He effectively killed me. It's why I decided to go and put a good amount of my mana into my sister." She continued. "In having that, she will, hopefully, take my place with this, then maybe my death won't be all for naught." She paused a moment, not moving though, before conitnuing on.

"Would you listen to her?" She asked. "Or would you prefer to die with me?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 05:46:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Azari was silent when she asked her question.

"I..." he stammered.

"When I joined you, it was because you saw something in me. Something worthwhile." he told her. "When others saw nothing, and outright scorned me, you at least saw me as worth something." he went on.

"I'd sworn myself to your cause. I swore I would help you achieve your goal by any means." he continued.

"But now... faced with this choice... I can say that if you would want me to listen to her, I would. But I would not be happy about it. Not one bit." he told her honestly.

"I... without you, my life would have a massive hole in it, that nothing could fix or fill." he then said. "Unlike the little grub that has effectively killed you, I'm not so pathetic as to say that my life would be empty without you. I would continue on your work as best I could. However, it just would not be the same." he informed her.

"...so while I WOULD listen to your sister, my own personal preference would be to die alongside you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 05:48:26 )

'It would be simple enough to take you out with me." Vanessa stated simply.

"Now, there is one thing you could do for me tonight." She continued after a second or two, meeting his eye.

"And it involves us both drinking something that the alchemists will need to mix up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:09:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari looked into her eyes, before nodding slightly.

"Of course." he replied.

"I would do anything for you." he told her, before pausing, and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Not... to sound like the little grub... but... you know what I mean." he muttered, shaking his head a little.

"I would consider it a reward to die alongside you, though." he then added sincerely.

"And yes, of course, shall I go and tell them to start mixing up whatever it is?" he asked, pausing again.

"What... is it, exactly?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:11:05 )

Vanessa paused a moment, smirking slightly, subtly, before answering. She said something in Elven, something that HE brought the recip for.

"I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for you." She stated afterward.

"I know it will take a couple hours to make, so you have time to do whatever you may want."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 06:30:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari's eyes widened, and his face turned red.

"O-oh." he stammered.

"Oh yes. Y-yes, of course." he said.

"I'll get that done right away." he told her. "Which... which is to say, I'll have the alchemy team start work on it immediately." he clarified, before excusing himself and leaving the room.

As soon as he did, he loosened the collar of his shirt, and exhaled slightly.

"....heh." he chuckled, looking forward to the very near future.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.