Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback I'm not in favour of a rare item bi monthly

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:38:40 )
It will create an inflation on everything. Normal di's, rares and ohm's. Been on another avatar site long enough to see that happening. Example: we had a coin that generated items. You would always get a random one. If you where lucky you would get a rare one. At one point an item was released through the coin and it was rare. Infact someone paid 140k for it on release. Because of that anyone who got the item asked around that much. For most people that price was unafordable. Normal di's released each month where around 8k upon release.

People with di's and not enough gold to buy the rare ones will try and sell their di's for more then what they are worth at that moment. I mean they gotta get that money. And there are always people desperate enough to pay that price. It will also create a monopoly by people trying to get every copy in the system of that item (seen it happening)

I also doubth more people will donate because of it. I think less people will do so. Why spend money if there is no guarantee you get the item you want?

Now onto some replacement suggestions:
- special event di's. When an event is held release an extra di that has to do with the theme of that event.
- subscription to the di's. This is besided the regular way of buying them. For x amount of money you will get the di's that are released each month automatically. I know people who always want each item released.
- subscription to get rid of the ads

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:41:02 )
They are bi monthly tho xD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:42:18 )
Oops well still not in favour.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:47:16 )
The rare has a 15% chance of showing up and you are guaranteed it upon opening your 10th box. Because of those reasons I think that it's fair. Otherwise I would agree with you. Also the rare will be in addition to the normal item that you picked.

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:49:17 )
The crate system is diffrent with RIGs system on most site tho... You get to choose on which donation item you want here... Not entirely random like other site xD
And the rare one is a bonus at 15% chance
And yes it is guaranteed that you will get 1 atleast in 10 crates opened
And the rare one gonna stay here for 2 months giving more chance to get it

Also I think they said they not only gonna sell crate at the ohm shop..

I did think the rare item gonna inflate in price before.. Thats why i suggest a way to turn maybe like 2 donation item back into a crate..
But by making them stay for 2 months + guaranteed in 10 crates... I dont even think the rare one is that rare anymore xD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 01:34:13 )
But that means if people want let's say this bi month's rare item. They need to buy 10 crates in 2 months. How many people have that much money? Most people don't. Which means the item will stay rare and inflation will happen. That coin I talked about was also once a 2 months. Didn't stop items from being super expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 01:44:58 )
@vengeance: Yes if you are really unlucky you are going to have to buy 10 crates. I was lucky and got this on my 2nd one.
Or people will have to buy the rare on their own. I have heard about what Raxton is saying but I'm new here and I haven't explored all of the site yet. I understand what you are saying, but at the same time I do think that they have made it more fair than other sites. And the staff need a rare because it gets more people to donate to the site to keep it around.

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 01:49:24 )
Yeah like i said it will all depends on the % chance of getting it...
I ve seen some site giving horrible % of the rare that will make the rare item super rare.. Ex: ernya, elidiun, etc
The rate of rare item in the distribution gonna be like super rare xD like not even 1 in 10..

Lets say we pick the donation item evenly..
Ratio of donation item in 2 month here :
5 : 5 : 5 : 5 : 2
5 : normal donation item
2 : rare item
The rarity of the rare item is 2.5x the normal donation item at most xD
And thats in a worst case scenario

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 02:10:53 )
Raretie is not just based on how many people will get one out of box but also on how many will sell it. If let's say 10 people will get this months rare and all 10 wanted it none will be sold. Then it's still rare and the person who does end up selling it will have a monopoly over it.

Examples: On another site there was an event item I was looking for. It was an older one. It took me 2 years to find one. Why? Most people who had it left the site/where inactive.
We also had spells. If we base it on how many are in the system two colours where rare. I know of one spell that had atleast 100 in the system. But what if I told you those 100 all belonged to the same person? (This is real). If hardly anyone sells it then it's still a rare item.

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 02:28:49 )
I get what you are saying,
but what you are saying gonna happen to any donation system we choose tho?
It will always happened to any site with a trading system
Thats why I m just happy as long as they keep it to the minimal tbh..

Oh and dont get me wrong..
I m part of the no rare item faction at alpha D:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 06:42:11 )
@vengeance: I remember that on Ernya. Although is it up to the staff to make sure that people don't buy too much of an item or to make sure that everyone gets one item? I don't really know if that is fair.
I have a job that pays ok now, so I'm going to be donating to the site more that when I was on Ernya. So I'll try to get you some items.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 21:57:16 )
It's not that rare like it seems. Trust me! I pulled out a bunch of them from opening crates. So I wouldn't say they are that rare. Even though it's at 15%, you can easily get 3 of them with 10 crates.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 22:01:50 )
@Lily: I have to agree with you. Real money are worth more than fake ones, and it's not that hard to make volts on here. As of right now, pricing for rares aren't too bad considering how fast and easy it is to obtain volts on this site.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 00:12:34 )
To add to this, inflation is going to happen. It happens in real life, and its going to happen here. Playing the market is part of the fun for some people on these kinds of sites. Just like how some people only come on to talk, or some people prefer making avatars, some enjoy the market area. Some items will cost more, but that also depends on supply and demand. Like, for instance, when we start getting event items. So, by next year when Christmas (example) comes around, all christmas items are bound to go up in price, because people are going to want christmas items to make christmas avatars. Meanwhile, before Christmas happens, those same items may be half the price any other time. Not to mention, if someone doesnt like how the rare looks, they won't buy it. I've seen plenty of items go from super expensive and rare, then drop down to nearly nothing just because it wasn't as pleasing as it was when it first game out.
And as Panda said. Its a "Donation". You don't have to pay to play on this site. You can post and save up volts for items. But if I want a quick grab, I'm gonna spend money. And sorry but my real life money is a little more valuable than this online currency xD So if I get some super rare item with my real money and wanna make a little profit, I may raise the price a bit. Its how websites like this usually work, no matter where you go to, and even how real life is. Pokemon Go became a thing and prices for Pokemon stuff went up. It died down, so prices died down.

And unlike Ernya, I don't have to worry about opening 100+ coins and not getting a single rare. I KNOW I can open 10 and for sure get that rare. And I have 2 months to save up for those 10 crates. And thats only if you're super unlucky and didn't get it in the first 9. I've talked to people who only opened one crate..just one, and got it on the first opening. And, its not like you open it and get nothing. You're still getting the donation item you originally picked. You're still getting exactly what you paid for, just didn't get the extra little surprise.
|

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:08:19 )
@Miss Kitty: You took everything right of my mouth <3

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:19:03 )
@Q t e a p o n: I personally don't like sites who re-release older items. That's just me, I feel like it takes out the rarity of items. It's not fun when it's too easy to obtain items. In the future, people will have something to quest for and motivate them to interact with other users to get more volts for the items and stuff. ^^ Like you said though, it's just an idea....so far I don't see issues yet with shortage of items. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:49:48 )
I feel like everyone in this thread has super valid points on both sides. ^-^
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.