Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts lock please

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:43:18 )
@Totalanimefan:

i rent a 7by11 bedroom in a three bedroom house. i has two other roomies so four of us live here at this time. the eldest roomie is bestie with a landowner and my coworker. so basically claimed the house plus she originally had her own house and had to cram everything into this small axx house >n < its still ridiculously expensive.

we are always chilling outside in the car.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:46:35 )

@Dimples: that is pretty small. My sister rents out a room. My place hold my husband and I plus a cat and dog.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:50:33 )
@Totalanimefan:

we are converting our van for full-time living. i pay almost 800 for this stupid room and adding the new van didnt help at this time but cuts that to 500. and not moving around our town a whole lot - we know places around my work and he works almost a mile from me. so we plan to knock out debt and pay off the van in two years with almost 20-40k saved.

then getting the heck out of california.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:53:27 )

@Dimples: yeah my sister pays $750 for her room in San Diego. :(

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:54:26 )

Honestly, my husband and I make good money but we would move the hell out of here the first chance we could. We aren’t from here and we moved here for work but there is no family here for us and it’s expensive

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:57:08 )
@Totalanimefan:

oof. california is rough. employment pays very well but housing and taxes is where they get you. cities are an arm and a leg for rent and the stress of commuting. its ridiculous. our city is actually having trouble with filling spots in their wineries. but living causes lots of issues.

we want land and a small commute to a cute town north. i dont care what i get as long as we are content and not stressed. living in the van will teach us A LOT about the things we need and dont.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:02:24 )

@Dimples: yeah. I pay $3400 for the one bedroom. I could live like a king anywhere else but my husband job is here. And it pays well so we have to stay here.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:06:02 )
@Totalanimefan:

oh me lordy. wow. i couldnt rent for that much. >n < unless it was a decent rent to own. but oof that made me shiver.

some sort of crash is definitely coming. sooner or later /:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:08:39 )

@Dimples: my husband works in tech. Which is why our employer moved us out here and why we can’t leave.

Also please don’t hate me. The real reason why it’s so expensive is because cities don’t build enough housing compared to how many job centers they allow and I have been flighting for new homes to be built here for years. I even go to the city council meetings.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:18:43 )
@Totalanimefan:

oh i totally know! our city only cares about the downtown for tourist. we seem to have apartment complexes coming up and suppose to be "affordable". i find them online and they ask for 1.6k for studio (those are very limitied) and they get 2.1-6k for one beds, and more.

but good for you! fight fight fight.
i want a calm and safe place to live.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:40:49 )

@Dimples: yeah. I think that housing is a human right. The old people that are safely housed don’t seem to think so. :/

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:43:26 )
@Totalanimefan:

it should be interesting what happens in the next ten years. >n < i should definitely be outta here haha

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:46:57 )

@Dimples: yeah I don’t know what is going to happen. I know that prices can’t keep just going up but it seems like there is no end in sight. Plus the fires are getting worse and worse each year.
Plus tech is moving out of the state. No longer is the Bay Area the only place for tech.
So what’s next?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:58:28 )
@Totalanimefan:

yeah i dont see no end at sight either until less and less people move here and the more moves out. then company will make adjustments to get people here and then does this again. becomes a cycle.

the fires are! now we associate fall/ october as fire season. ugh my heart aches for those who deal with it. we dealt with some one year and the hubby was caught in the santa rosa one before he moved in with me.

is tech kicking up elsewhere? i could imagine other cities up north like portland or seattle. but i couldnt do cities. ours is becoming one and its making me anxious. implementing three roundabouts together. like what the truck. i cannot fathom that cause its one of the most congested area.

where are you from originally?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:05:01 )

@Dimples: I feel bad for all of the people’s homes destroyed.
It’s affecting more than just them now with all of the power outages and the smoke is really really bad to breathe in.
Tech cities would be Austin, Seattle, NYC a little bit, Northern VA and Raleigh NC.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:05:13 )

Oh and I’m from Florida.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:13:11 )
@Totalanimefan:

aw definitely far from home but oml mother nature is not kind to florida. i would bawl if i went through some of those hurricanes >n < i want to find that medium - seems very slim haha

ahh man. i would stay super clear of new york city. if ya could choose to relocate to any of those places, which would ya pick?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:17:40 )

@Dimples: yeah. I’ve been through so many hurricanes. And the job market there sucks.
I wouldn’t want to pick NYC but my husband likes it there. I would pick Northern VA/DC. My husband and I visit there every summer and we really love that city. I like the public transportation and although it’s not a cheap city it’s much cheaper than where I live now. I could find a one bedroom easy for $2000 instead of $3400. You know.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:19:16 )

The Queen Declares...

@Dimples: wanted to make sure I did the right one haha. I'll make one tonight or tomorrow. <3

It is November, time to eat all that candy.

I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:29:14 )
@Totalanimefan:

i got a girl friend out there and she said the same. working is the only thing that worries me but i would be able to find something to hold up.

oh yeah! thats definitely a cut to rent. i would like to visit the east coast. i have visited florida a few time but when i was way younger during camping trips.

moving suuucks though >n <

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.