Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Torrent Oblivion [1x1x1]

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 09:35:56 )

"Well I'm glad to see you're alright Jamie!" Marshall said effusively. " Cannette's cooking some squirrels and I'm famished so if you want berries it's gonna have to be after I've had a bite to eat." he added frowning slightly as he rubbed his grumbling stomach.

Marshall perked up as he recalled something "I can even take you to a great spot for them! I've never seen their kind before." he said excitedly. "I was gonna get some too but I had my hands full with the wood and mushrooms."

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 00:01:56 )
Because she had paused the prepping of the squirrels to see about the sound but Marshall had gone ahead and when she heard both of their voices, it was easy to relax. Walking back to camp, her shoulders slumped with a long sigh as she placed the staff on her bedroll. Definitely pleased by the surprise breakfast meat, she quickly skinned it, washed it and gave it some salt from her spice pot and set it above the campfire.

There, Canette attempted to light the fire without using her magic...

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 00:12:24 )
"Good to see Canette's on the ball as always," Jamie smiled at the news. Squirrel meat was better than no meat, and Canette could reasonably improve the flavor quite a bit.

"W-well, uh..." He took an apprehensive step back as Marshall told him about the berries. He wasn't sure if they would be safe to eat after the whole mushroom fiasco. "We can go to the spot after breakfast? Maybe on the way to Yoah? The berries'll make for a good snack on the road." He nodded quickly more to himself at the well-constructed explanation. He figured if they were unsafe, Canette would know, and it was better than going there alone with Marshall given his past experiences.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 17:54:22 )
Nodding in agreement, Marshall headed back into camp with Jamie following. There was more than enough time and those berries did look delicious. It was always good to have surplus of food. Hmm... Yoah.... right. Why again? He hadn't been listening when Jamie was talking about that.

Strolling into camp languidly, he noticed Canette by the fire and no food cooked in sight. She seemed to be struggling to start a fire.

"You haven't started yet? Canette I'm starving!" as Marshall was saying this, a loud predatory growl resounded in the camp. "Foood! Need fooood."

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 02:39:15 )
"How do you..." she was muttering to herself with an intense concentration on the flint and stone in her hands. "Do this.." tssch, tssch, the sound repeated as sweat beaded down her cheek. While she was aware her companions were back all she could do was turn to them with a defeated expression. Granted, the time she wasted on the fire was well spent on the spice and salt absorbing into the squirrel meat. Not that it was very important, often it would be met with hungry people and the taste seldom mattered as much.

Eventually she fire balled the wood and began the roasting of the game. It didn't take long since squirrels were not known for their immense size. She mostly nibbled on a thigh while reading on the mushrooms and carefully preserving last night's bounty. The two didn't talk a lot after breakfast was cooked since Marshall was beyond famished and Jamie had to tend to his wounds a little. She mumbled, muttered and giggled to herself with an eerie tone to her voice.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 18:14:15 )
The seasoned squirrel cooked quickly, and was surprisingly filling. The small clearing where they had made camp was perfect for a view of the blue skies above. There wasn't a cloud in sight, and the forest was bustling with activity. Small and sometimes adorable rodents were roaming about, and the birds were chirping happily as if joining the morning ritual the three had become accustomed to: a good meal shared with pleasant company, and cheerful... if questionable at times conversation.

Ultimately their meal would come to an end, and Jamie would start to pack up. "Hey guys," he began to say while stuffing his bedroll into a large pack. "How much further 'til Yoah you think? That travelling merchant said it would be about... three moons and four suns, right?"

He wiped some sweat from his brow and continued, "He was an odd one though, and... hey, that reminds me! What did you buy from him, Marshall? He pulled you aside and I never saw it." He gave his eccentric teammate a suspicious look.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:51:55 )

Quite pleased with the squirrel breakfast Marshall was satisfied. He was still peckish but he could survive well enough. He wondered if he had time to catch a few of the birds he could hear around. Nah... it'd probably take too long.

Looking up from his packing at Jamie's question, he recalled the package the merchant sold him. Shifty fellow and so very nervous for some odd reason.

"Oh yes! I had forgotten." he said rummaging in his pack for the package.

As he removed it from his pack, a dense and heavy aura could be felt emanating from the package. It was a fair sized package wrapped in oiled leather and canvas and secured tightly with three leather belts fastened closed.

"The merchant said it would bring me riches and glory. I don't really care about the glory but the riches sounded great!" he said enthusiastically showing the closed and tightly bound package to his friends. "Just imagine being able to eat everything I want!" he exclaimed.

"I figured we might have something to do on the way to Yoah or maybe after?" he added smiling happily "It's gonna be quite some time before we get to Yoah anyways."

As Marshall offered this package to his friends... one could almost see a dark purple aura emanating from it.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 21:28:53 )
Canette always had a habit of reading while she ate. It was always an interesting sight due to the wind sweeping the book page by page as she slowly ate her meal, her eyes glued to the words as her fingers made work of the meat, tearing it away from the bone with her mouth. She was often the last to finish due to this as Marshall and Jamie began to pack, conversing with each other while she got lost in thought.

Eventually the poor bone she had been chewing on had cracked, with a surprise call for attention she discarded it to wipe her hands and tidy up her spot. Jamie had reminded them of the strange merchant they came across, Canette being too skeptical to purchase anything she was not sure of only came out with a few sets of dried herbs for brewing and cooking.

"Yes, we can possibly shorten the travel time if our journey continues like this. Luckily we haven't had to fight anything along the way." She nodded while thinking about how peaceful it had been.

However, her sense of calm and peace began to be threatened by Marshall's chirpy voice as he presented the most suspicious looking package. Her eyes widened as she froze, eye twitching as he mentioned 'riches and glory'. The sheer hope in his eyes had worried her sensibilities, far more than any creature that could attack them on the spot.

"Marshall... doesn't that sound like.." she paused, trying to gather her thoughts. "A scam?"

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 13:50:37 )
A flock of birds tore from the canopy above once the word 'scam' left Canette's lips, and suddenly a deathly silence pervaded the once lively atmosphere. The sounds of the forest faded away into perfect nothingness, and only the gentle rustling of the leaves in a very slight breeze could be heard.

"Uhh... Marshall," Jamie began in a hesitant tone of voice. "Are you sure that's all the merchant told you?" A bead of sweat dripped from his brow as he placed a hand on the longsword sheathed across his back. Glancing side-to-side, he felt a pulse of invisible force emanate from the package, and eyed it quickly. A faint indigo aura almost like smoke began billowing off the edges of the sealed package.

"Do you guys get the feeling that something is," as he spoke, shadows began to creep within the trees and foliage around them "not quite right here?" A series of red orbs blinked into existence within the same darkness of the forest around them. The shifting shadows had eyes, and there were clearly a lot of them.

Another slight pressure as the package seemed to pulse. Abruptly, the bushes behind Jamie parted as a large rabbit-like creature sprang forth with claws outstretched. The knight turned in time to swing his blade and parry the swipes with ease. "You uh... think he meant the riches would come in the form of monster materials? Or would that be too convenient?"

The creature stood on its hind-legs and let out a screech as more leapt from their hiding places.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 07:31:24 )
"But Canette," Marshall exclaimed. "How can it be a scam if he gave it to me for free? Don't you usually try to sell scams?"

Since he'd been traveling with them for quite some time, Marshall was somewhat used to his companions being kind of jumpy but in his mind, this really took the cake. Both Jamie and Canette were acting very weird and as he looked around, he could see no reason for it. It was a beautiful clear day with a few chirping birds and a light breeze.

"Uh... are you guys okay?" he questioned a bit worriedly as Jaimie seemed to be parrying air. He looked around again and the only thing he could see that changed was a small innocent rabbit nibbling on some leaves in a nearby bush in front of Jaimie.

"What exactly are you attacking?" he asked as he put the package into his pack. As he did this, although he never noticed it in the first place, the pulsing decreased and then vanished.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 11:55:21 )
"Free?" She said somberly while her eyes fixated on the strange package. Her head jerked towards the stirring in the leaves, anticipating some fowl beast to appear from all the bad energy swirling around the encampment. Indeed the scenery became dreary as dark clouds that threatened to pour shadowed the sunlight and the only sound left was the swift motion of Jamie's sword coming out of it's scabbard.

Instinctively, she grabbed her staff and it began to glow a dim light as she began to scale the area with a pulsing light, trying to see if there were any more creatures around. Marshall's words were like background noise to her spell as she casted it, but an abrupt wave of energy disrupted her channeling and the next thing she knew, the skies were once again a clear blue hue.

The chirping of the birds felt like a taunt from the gods that nothing was ever wrong and all Canette could do was stand still for a moment. "Marshall." She murmured softly, likely too soft for him to hear.

"You should probably lock that package in a larger box and allow me to put a protective spell over it... it seems dangerous." She said seriously, already rummaging her luggage for a possible container whilst taking out protective charms that pulsed when she touched it. Hallucinatory boxes with a dark pulsing aura, she thought with a deep sigh.
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.