Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My mother's condition

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/26 23:37:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So my mother's condition has been getting worse recently.
She was in the hospital about a month ago due to she had rectal bleeding and got news yesterday her condition was not
getting better but getting worse, so my dad had been discussing about getting her moved into a hospice.

But they will treat her very well from the sound of it, but not really ready for when she does die
as it brings up not good memories when my mom first had her stroke and just not sure how well it will affect me
but just wanted to update anyone as I am not a very active person on avatar sites lately.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 01:10:04 )
I’m sorry you are going through this hard time.
When I feel stressed, anxious or triggered I learned that I can tap the sides of my thighs. (Not at the same time, left then right then left again over and over) and it really helps me feel better. Do it until you feel a bit calmer.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 01:29:20 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Taffy: its okay, I knew this day was come just not so soon.

For me i just bury myself in work like art.
My sister is more so the type to bounce her legs when she is anxious as it helps her.

I'm not so good with emotions, especially the depression part. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 06:38:17 )

Sorry about your situation
::hugs::
<3 <3

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 08:42:31 )
@MoodyBats: oh honey this time is hard. Really hard but from my own expirience i can tell you the World just dont will Stop at this point. After my mom died i even was releved much because i know she dont have to struggle anymore. But it still hurts and sometimes iam still morning her (she died in 2015 from cancer). I just can tell iam glad that she dont have to suffer anymore! And iam sure you will feel the same at some point!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 10:31:32 )
@MoodyBats: art is a good release. And I think I explained it badly. It’s not bouncing your thigh it’s using your hands and having them tap the sides of your thighs. ^^;

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 15:38:01 )

@moodybats: I’m very sorry for the situation you are in. I can tell you from experience that hospice nurses are lovely.

I had braced for my mother’s death for a long time and I knew it was inevitable- grief is not a linear process. You will feel it all ; at once or in stages. It is certainly a learning process but healing is messy at times.

Depression can hit- it has for me and the best thing you can do is to keep talking, keep getting up when you know all you want to do is stay in bed. If you need anything or want to talk, I’m always here.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/27 20:27:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Taffy: I don't really do either. :vanora_sweat:

@Lithium: i've kinda already been through it when my mom first
had her stroke, so i am not 100% distraught as I knew this day was coming.
Just not as quickly. But if she is comfortable and happy to live the last of how many days she has left
that is all that matters to me.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/29 11:26:17 )
@MoodyBats: yeah I didn’t used to either and then a therapist taught me it and it’s been working out for me. I hope things work out for you.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.