Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Eat him! Eat hime!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:18:05 )
Hi guys! You can call me Athy! Please welcome me to Voltra, I'm very excited to be here and have a good time! I'm really into anime, video games and fantasy novels and looking for friends that like the same kind of stuff :D Also I have Japanese as a second language so it would be cool to converse with someone in something other than English ;;

Let's get along c:

Donator — Your Queen Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:25:06 )

The Queen Declares...

Welcome to the site! <3 happy to have you here.

It is October, time to get spooky.

I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:26:25 )
@Athemae: welcome to voltra!!! we can talk in german if you want xDDDDD but this noone really wants!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:29:55 )

@Athemae: ボルタにようこそ❗️日本語もしてるよ。よろしくね ^^ Hi, welcome to Voltra. I know Japanese too~ I hope to see you around.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:41:38 )

hullo and welcome to the land of voltraaaaahhhhhh
<3

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — nightmaren Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 20:04:45 )
:vreg-celebrate: Welcome welcome! Enjoy your stay! :vreg-celebrate:
art gallery/avi closet

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 22:21:37 )

welcome to voltra uwu
i only know english unfortunately, but im learning french hehe

Shop | Art Thread | Art by me~ | Used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 22:27:47 )
Welcome! I would love to learn another language. I really need to dedicate my time to that.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 23:20:15 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Athemae: ヴォルトラへようこそ〜
私は日本に4年間住んでいて、昨年帰国した。 8年間日本語を勉強したけど、まだまだ学ぶことがたくさんあると思う。xD 私と日本語で話してもいいよ。よろ〜 ;D

Welcome to Voltra~
I lived in Japan for 4 years and I just returned last year. Even though I’ve been studying Japanese for 8 years, I still gots a long way to go. xD Feel free to speak with me in Japanese. Kind regards~ (I always feel weird translating よろしく, such a Japanese thing...)

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 08:58:38 )

@Tsundererra: I love how much more natural your Japanese sounds compared to mine. 気のせいかもね ^^; It could just be all in my mind though.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 13:43:16 )
@Athemae: Hello and welcome! I'm still getting the feel of things here (I'm still new - just started last week) but it's been fun. I hope you enjoy yourself here. I don't speak Japanese... only a little Italian and a little French (both of which I'm trying to learn or brush up on). Anyway, WELCOME.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 15:21:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oh man, that was a very backhanded compliment. 👀

I mean, I did live there for years and had to use it more than English because my area was so inaka. By a year and a half in, I was dreaming in Japanese from time to time.
I’m definitely not perfect, but I’m sure I have an advantage over you and anyone else who hasn’t lived and worked there long-term. ^^; Plus, I still do a lot of translation work and talk to my Japanese friends almost every day... so more daily exposure to the language.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 17:11:40 )
@Athemae: welcome to voltra!
i love this place and i hope you come to like it too! everyone is very nice! i hope we bump into each other some time ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 21:04:27 )

@Tsundererra: lol I just reread it and I understand that vibe. I meant it more like I was jelly of your skills sorry.
I used to dream in Japanese while I was studying it. And now only sometimes do I dream in Japanese and it’s mostly to teach others.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 21:39:20 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Hahaha, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, and reworded it as how you don’t think you sound as natural, but it’s in your head. The one poop think about Japanese language learners is that there are a lot of people who actually throw shade intentionally (not you).
I honestly don’t think I’m better than anyone, and I try not to correct or comment on stuff unless people ask. Also, your skills must be pretty good if you’re still dreaming in Japanese and you’re able travel in Japan with your hubby with no problems. All my dreams are back in English. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 23:15:01 )

@Tsundererra: oh there were so many of those people at my university. It was annoying as hell.
Of most of my dreams are in English but sometimes I try to have practice convos with myself.
Another thing I’ve realized is that we always think about what we don’t know instead if what we do know. And making that change my mindset makes me feel better.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:06:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: They exist everywhere, and it’s so tiring dealing with them... there are a couple of students in the classes I help with that are like that. -__- THE NEW GENERATION OF OBNOXIOUS JAPANESE LEARNERS.

There’s always going to be stuff you don’t know, and that’s fine. But it’s good to see how far you’ve come and to not compare yourself to others (I’m bad with doing this xD)

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:28:04 )

@Tsundererra: oh my gosh I do that all the time. I mean that’s how this whole conversation came about. Because I compared my Japanese to yours.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:45:28 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: It’s pretty easy to do and not know you’re doing it. ^^; If it makes you feel better, I was a language wreck my first year in Japan. I also felt inferior to two of my coworkers who are so fluent, Japanese peeps would be like “あの二人はまるで母国語であるかのように日本語を話す、ね?”. Meanwhile I got the obligatory gaijin “日本語上手“ that everyone gets, along with “お箸上手” whenever I used chopsticks. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/18 17:32:34 )

@Tsundererra: I get 上手上手 a lot too. I think it’s because if you work hard at getting the accident down then they are really grateful. Nothing like a foreigner that goes Ah-lee-gatoo.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.