Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk i mean honestly does it get better tho || tw; suicide mention

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 03:46:11 )

cause it seems like all my mental health is just getting worse every day, and i'm just so fucking tired of fighting it all the time, lol.

i feel like people expect too much from me. i want to just sleep all day and ignore everything, why can't i just do that?
it's slowly getting to the point where im just like,, back to how bad i used to be, and just thinking about dying all the time.

i'm so foggy and everything is difficult and my brain can't think straight, i just feel like everything is too much and i want it all to stop.

does mental illness ever actually get better or is that just something they tell you so they don't have to deal with you and your suicide lol

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 05:34:23 )
It absolutely does. Takes some willpower, luck, coping mechanisms and/or the occasional change of surroundings, in addition to what your doctor may provide... and a good friend or two. Its very helpful to talk to supportive people who know what your mental problems are.
Don't feel bad about being "back to how bad i used to be". Nobody's fantastic all the time forever. Its an ebb and flow... which means good times are bound to get you.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 05:56:41 )

It does get better. I promise. I’ve been seeing a therapist for just over a year now and it has really helped. Maybe that could work for you to?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 05:58:51 )

Honestly yeah, I do think people throw that saying around to avoid dealing with other people's problems and feel like they did something. Not everyone, but people will definitely spit out platitudes to make themselves feel better and claim it's for you, without offering any real form of help or support.
Mental health doesn't get better on its own, nor do illnesses simply go away. They require treatment and lifelong management. If it's not an illness but your life situation that is the problem, then that's what needs to change. And if it's a bit of both, as is often the case, you need real support and motivation to find out what kind of changes need to be made and to keep you on the right track. You need a network of people who will be willing to give you more than a passing "It gets better" as they go on their merry way. Telling people it gets better doesn't make it better. Hoping it will get better won't make it better, either.
And yeah, good times and bad times come and go; things might seem like they're getting better, then suddenly come crashing down all over again, only to repeat the cycle. Some of that crashing is avoidable through change. Some of it is just life, and getting through those parts is about managing your actions and reactions, and how you view your situation. Same for mental illness of any kind. Even with treatment and upkeep, there will probably be symptoms. It never just all goes away forever. This is why genuine support from people you trust is essential, and why you should always communicate what you're going through. If you feel like they're not listening and just jerking you around or trying to get you to shut up, call them out on it. Maybe it's true, or maybe they think they're helping and they just need to change their approach. If you reach out to someone and they don't seem like they can or will help, find someone else. Talk to a professional; it may just be them doing their job, but they will have insights and access to resources that friends and family usually don't. They also aren't going to get worn out from hearing your story. A professional who knows what they're doing isn't gonna just tell you what they think you wanna hear. They'll help point you to what you need.
Also, sometimes it's good to just take a break. You sound like you're really burnt out and it's contributing to the problem. If you can make the time to just fuck off from everyone for a little while, rest, and make some sort of action plan (whatever you think would be best for you at the moment), that might help. Then you can go from there.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 06:43:57 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I agree with pretty much everything everyone here has said. Mental illness is a lifetime thing you have to deal with, and if you have the support, the right kind of thinking, and maybe meds, it can get better. It’s definitely something you have to work towards, but it’s hard to find the motivation to do that when you feel so low. ): It’s also hard to get better if you’re at the point in your depression where you’ve pushed everyone away, so there’s no support system.

If you feel like your current support system isn’t working out/don’t have one anymore, definitely go to see a therapist. Some days, I feel worse after seeing mine, but overall I do feel like I’m making progress towards getting “better”. It could help you out as well.

Also, distance yourself from whatever/whoever has you feeling emotionally burnt out if it’s possible. Taking a break from social media also helps.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 08:32:58 )
@Gay Space Trash: it gets better but just with help and maybe a good medication (my expirience) i had 4 years almost 5 years of psychotherapie and a really good medication. now after 8 years i finally feel stable in life. 5 to 8 years is a long time but i have 3 superior mental ilnesses that are difficult to treat so maybe for you it dont will take this long as soon you go to a psychotherapist! =)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.