Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Been a big week for my service dog.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:39:01 )
So, I don't usually leave the house much but the past like 7-10 days I've been going to a few places. That means my service puppy has been having adventures.
We ate at 2 restaurants, been to a few stores, got a smoothie.

Only one person was rude about it too. She was someone sitting at another table in the restaurant who was giving us looks and made a comment loudly to the person she was with. I'm like girl, he's lying under the table, out of the way like he's supposed to, chill yourself.

Other than that today he got a compliment.

Anyone else have a service dog?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:01:12 )

@Queen of Trash: I’m glad that I’m your new place you can walk(I assume) and go to different places. I don’t have a service dog.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:10:49 )
@Totalanimefan: my mother in law took us out to dinner one night and my mom took me to lunch on another. Then he's come out for errands. I'm trying to get out more, my psychiatrist and therapist say it'll be good for me. Usually I just don't leave home very often.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:16:33 )

@Queen of Trash: it really is good for you. I know it’s hard to justify leaving the house when money is tight but maybe you could walk with your dog to a local park? I don’t know what’s around you but it’s ptobably safe to walk with your dog during the day lol.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:19:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I walk him around the outer part of our building right now. I'm not sure what's around or close here yet. I'm afraid to leave alone so I have to wait for days Noah has off to do much. Or at least times he's not at work.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:21:49 )

@Queen of Trash: it’s a good idea to explore things together with him then maybe when you know what’s around you can. I know when I’ve gone to a new area I never really wanted to go alone the first time.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:25:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I have a specific spot I feel safe walking Everest alone and I don't really venture too far out from there. Before I had him I never left my house.

@koneko: Yeah it was really hard training him, it took two years and we had some help with basics from trainers.
That's a big change, that's amazing. That's more than me, I hope to get there. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:26:07 )

@Queen of Trash: that means you are making process!

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:27:38 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

He looks so incredibly sweet. :vanora_heart:
glad the two of you were able to go out.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:28:41 )
@Totalanimefan: he helps me go out places. I have trouble talking to people but when he's there it's so much easier, it's like a buffer.
And he reminds me to take my meds, helps me when I have panic attacks, helps me when I dissociate. He does really well on all of his tasks.

@MoodyBats: he's a good boy. <3
He likes that we're going out more. It's good for me to get out more.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:30:47 )

@Queen of Trash: what good doggo 🐕
When you go out you don’t have to talk to anyone (unless you are trying to order a drink). ^^ baby steps.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:35:04 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Queen of Trash: that's good to hear.
Hope you both can go on many adventures together.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:36:16 )
@Totalanimefan: When I go places I usually have another person with me, because I don't drive. So today my mother in law took me to get a smoothie, I ordered my smoothie with no issue.

@koneko: We did basic training at PetSmart, like obedience, then we hired a trainer that helped teach us how to train him.

Thank you for believing in me. <3 I hope to get where you are.
Yeah, that's one thing we had someone help with. When he notices it he helps me by coming up to me, rubbing against me, sniffing my nose, and making a small bark sound. It's like the five senses thing, grounding, it helps bring me back.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:37:17 )

@Queen of Trash: nice. What did you get?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:38:17 )
@MoodyBats: he definitely didn't want me to take the service vest off when we got back home today. It was like "no thank you, I is service doggo."

@Totalanimefan: It's called a Mocha Madness smoothie, I got it with probiotics added.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:39:58 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Queen of Trash: aww how cute.
He is best service doggo.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:40:49 )
@MoodyBats: he really is. Someone told him he was well behaved today. I was like yes he is.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:41:41 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Queen of Trash: aww that is very sweet.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:42:23 )
@koneko: I do. <3 he's enhanced my life so much. Without him I wouldn't function as well as I do.
I work at home, I write books. But it's not technically stable because the pay isn't stable.
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:42:25 )

Service dogs are so cute

I always want to pet but can’t pet

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.