Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2019 ★Acidic freebies and chat★

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 23:54:33 )
@Amber Lynne: yea, but I could see it's uses. if you need a coffee cup on the opposite side of the room you could just throw your pawtacles like one of those sticky hands and snag it. I mean you might backhand grandma in the process but it will get the job done.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 23:56:41 )

@Acid: lmfao.
Omfg
you're precious.
You KNOW you need to draw that now, right?

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 05:57:52 )
@Acid: Well, I don't have any OCs, really.

*thinks*

Can you do Tataru Taru from FF XIV? (original outfit, the one with the beret) If not, my avatar will do just fine.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:39:59 )
@onsenmark: sure I'll draw them for you! OvO

@Amber Lynne: nah I'm not. O///O I'm the spawn of pure evil. Hissss! But that would make a pretty good comic. I just might take crack at it after this event. I need to give my tablet a chance to cool down. Lol.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:41:21 )

@Acid: Lol.
WAit
Your tablet overheats...?
XD

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:53:58 )
@Amber Lynne: the sad part is it kinda actually does! XD I have an xp-pen screen tablet and in the lower right hand corner where I rest my wrist it gets toasty and it kind feels like it shocks a bit too. so I have to wear a glove that's longer than the one it came with. And the hdmi connector heats up as well. I love the darn thing it just doesn't love me back.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:59:55 )

@Acid: Oh geez.
That ain't good DX

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 02:04:18 )

@acid:

Thank you so much! I adore it!
My intention was to pop in and chat some but life distracted me a bit.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 15:10:38 )
@Amber Lynne: worst of all ive not even had it a year. maybe 7 months?

@Lithium:
Glad you like it! and I'm just happy you stopped by! ^^

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 20:32:56 )

@Acid: That is absolutely lovely! Thank you SO Very Much! -sends all the hugs- ^_^

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 21:06:51 )
@dragoness129: you are welcome!! ^^

@Amber Lynne: I would like your opinion on something, it's my post color. is it readable? I tested it with the light theme but im using a dark so it's pretty comfortable for me but I'm not sure if it's an eye strainer. >.<

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 21:57:20 )

I'm using the dark theme myself.
Looks really good on the dark one.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 22:11:15 )
@dragoness129: yey!! I was worried. ^-^
I like the shade you are using too, it's really easy on the eyes.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 22:47:32 )

@Acid: Oh geez.
Honestly, I'm not entirely surprised.
But... get a cintiq. They don't seem to heat up too much, and mine is used CONSTANTLY. (Also, the Kamvas is a good cheaper option, from what I know. I plan on getting one at some point, so I can let you know how it is once I get it? I dunno if you actually are interested)

Also, uhh...
//changes her settings
Actually, that green is kinda icky on the winter theme (light blue with it. It's readable, but not my top choice ... then again, not fond of green overall, sooooo)
But it looks good on blackout~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 20:09:32 )
@onsenmark:

@Amber Lynne: yeah, went I got this one it was throw up between this or a Kamvas. I could have got a cintiq but I needed to know if I was going to even like using a screen tablet, id been using Intuos and bamboo for years. So I was pretty acclimated to them. but other than that hang up it works just fine for now. And yes I would like to know how it goes. ^-^ ( because if it gets worse I will have to switch to something. XD)

I had purple one for a bit and it didn't work too good on the Cirque ad infinitum, it just blended in. But I'm happy with the green as long as it's readable for the most part! I'm sorry winter theme users but I'm keeping this for at least a week! XD

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 21:30:57 )

@Acid: lol. That's fair.
But text colour is less an issue now that we have the ability to disable all custom text colours in our settings.

And that's fair. I have a cintiq, have had it for a few years now, love the thing. It's been overused and abuses though, so I'm looking to replace it.
I'm hoping to get a kamvas in the next hit. I'll let you know how it goes if/when I manage it =)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:56:10 )
@Acid: YAY IT'S BEST GIRL :viohearteyes:

thanks!
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 22:30:02 )
@Amber Lynne: we can do that? that's pretty neat and useful.

oh I do want to know a few things about the Cintiq, what does the texture of the screen feel like? I mean is it extra slippery or does it kinda grip the pen a bit? Also, you said you've abused it, im very heavy-handed so abuse is pretty muscle memory at this point, did it take the abuse well? I mean are the scatches super visible or can you feel them when you use your pen? mine is so scratched up already and I can feel every single one of them, it's so bad they obscure my vision a bit. x.x

And if goes well for you I might get one too. ^^

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 22:44:49 )

@Acid: The screen? It's pretty smooth, similar to glass, but there is a little bit of traction or friction I suppose.
Also, I have dropped knives on mine a couple times, oops. I have a couple dings, but nothing too major. Yes I have one that the pen catches, but it's not too horrible, really.

Here's the screen when it's off (reflective, warning) You can see how dirty it is and wahtnot, along with POSSIBLY the couple nicks in the glass.
And here it is on. NONE of that is visible. (Ignore the blue hue. It's because of the fact that phones don't take pictures of screens well lol)

Abuse, mine has mostly taken abuse though, to the power cord. It's dying on me. XD
(But really, a kamvas is reportedly a MUCH better value, from what I've heard. Cintiq's are fucking EXPENSIVE. Mine is one of the cheapest, a 13HD - NOT touch supported - and it still cost over 1kCAD.)

It DOES heat up if you hafe your hand on it constantly, mind. But it doesn't get too bad.

And if you're worried about dinging your screen, there are screen protectors for it on Amazon =)

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 23:25:29 )
@acid:

So are you up to draw either a Red-eyed version of this woman, or keep the eye colors of this woman but add red eye-lighting in there?

Either way, could you show the woman giving an expression akin to D1 in the pic, albeit with human-resembling(-ish?) teeth?

Yeah, I hope this headshot for the woman makes sense, and yeah she has two earrings on both sides, actually.

It's for a friend of mine, pretty much.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.