Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Shark's Hangout

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 05:57:27 )

Hello, how is everyone?

@Shark: I like quietness at night too but if the house isn't quiet and I need to focus or relax, I like smoothed brown noise. I've tried earplugs and didn't like them so I prefer brown noise.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 05:58:37 )

@Shark: even if it has no lyrics?
I normally have a fan one that makes noise.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 06:16:51 )
@Whimsy: hi there :3

What is brown noise? o: I've never heard that term

@Totalanimefan: yeah idk why, it just excites me too much. even calm stuff.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 07:46:32 )

@Shark: It's a constant noise that will cancel out outside noise. After a while you'll stop noticing it's there. It's a bit like TV static but more... smooth? Idk how to describe it but there's lots of brown noise tracks on Spotify and Youtube. I do search specifically for smoothed brown noise though because regular brown noise is still too staticky for my ears.
There's also something called white noise. It's similar but higher pitch. I don't like that.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 17:16:38 )

@Shark: I'm the same way. I could never fall asleep to music unless I've been up for like 24+ hours, but even then it's hard. My brain is just too interested in the music. I can sleep in quiet, unlike the rest of my family, but now I have a fan because I can hear everything outside through my windows. ^^;

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 00:44:19 )
@Whimsy: oh ok, cool. o: I've only heard of white noise before. I'll have to give that a listen.

@koneko: It is indeed. I've had it for a long time. It used to be this weird glitchy electronic sound, like something out of a video game. but now it's just random noises, never know what you're gonna pull out.

@Totalanimefan: hehe yeah. the music is just too damn good. :p

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 01:03:47 )

@Shark: Ugh. I agree. I just love music so much. Do you play an intrusment or sing? (for fun)

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 04:33:52 )
@Totalanimefan: same here. nah... I would if I could. :p I think if I grew up with like, money, I might have gotten into it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 04:35:15 )

@Shark: I sing. I was always in choir in middle and high school and even after with my music teacher's church choir.
I love singing in karaoke too. I used to always sing in the car while commuting.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 04:41:21 )
@Totalanimefan: oh yeah, choir... I did that. felt awful about it because the teacher never remembered who I was. i don't know if anyone at that school knew who I was. honestly I think I might have been invisible.

would have been cool to continue with it, but alas...

did you ever perform anything?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 04:57:05 )

@Shark: I'm sorry that happened. I could have done it in college, but I would have had to audition and I didn't have the guts to do it so I didn't.
My high school choir performed a lot. Of course Christmas and at the end of the year but we also did a few Christmas concerts at local churches, we sang at Disney for Christmas (this was all year long, but I'm just going in order) Disney was great. They would give us tickets to the parks for singing there. You audition as a choir in Sept and then the pick. It's just choirs from GA and FL that can enter. It was only a 2 hour drive from where I grew up.
In the spring there was the state and national competitions. When I was a senior we went to NYC and we go the best scores. All Gold for all of our choirs. (Mixed, Guy's, and Women's) There is no first place, 2nd place, but we were the only choir that got Gold for all of our choirs. For the state comp we were the best choirs in the state of FL when I was in high school. (Choir is serious business lolol). We also recorded a CD each year that we could sell for $10. I would buy them cause of corse it was my choir lol. I don't know where they are now. Probably with my Mom?

(Side story: When I left for college in England my parents divorced while I was there and sold the house, so I don't know where a lot of my high school stuff is. Probably just gone now)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 04:58:47 )

Well, that was probably more of an answer then you wanted XD

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 05:37:21 )
@koneko: haha yeah I don't remember what I thought at the time. Maybe I heard about it before it started. Oof yeah I get that sometimes too. :/ Recently I had a period where I was experiencing panic attack symptoms every night. It's calmed down since then.

@Totalanimefan: oh damn, that's a wild ride. Sounds like a lot of talent there o: sucks you don't have the cds though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 05:39:58 )

@Shark: We were good, but good for high school. No one went on to be famous or anything lol. Some kids did go on to be music teachers. ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 07:12:46 )

@Totalanimefan: It's wonderful to be able to sing! Even if it's just for yourself, it means you can have music with you anytime and anywhere. I'm jealous of people who can not only hold a tune but sound good xD
roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 07:48:08 )
Hello! :D Just wanted to drop in~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 15:51:52 )

@Whimsy: oh I didn’t say I was good. Probably only ok. And I’m bad at singing low. But I do love to sing.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 19:44:43 )
@Totalanimefan: i mean.......... that's a lot of talent in my books.

@KittyBeary: hello there :3 hamtaro!

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 19:52:03 )

@Shark: lol the bar is set low. I couldn't ever be a singer in a band or anything like that. ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 06:25:55 )
@Shark: Yes XD

yay sharks!
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.