Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Bellas Digi Trash ^.^ ~Open pls come in~

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 18:49:58 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Atropa Belladonna: For shading, use the same brush you use to color, but make sure the shade color is darker, the the warmth/coolness of the color works with your base skin. Then blend. You can also use the airbrush tool.
Also, not sure if you already do this, but make sure to shade on a different layer than your base.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 18:51:57 )
@Tsundererra: why i should shade on a diffrent layer?? and yes this i tried too and it works smoothly so far but well iam tired now xD

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 18:53:35 )

@Tsundererra: Actually, recent update DID improve the text tool.
You can now transform your text more =)

But the main thing I keep going to PS for... is layer styles. Like the 'stroke' and whatnot. The shit Clip doesn't have.

@atropa belladonna: Practice. That's how. XD
Seriously. Just practice. Find a tool you like playing with and go from there.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:08:20 )
@Amber Lynne: not today anymore iam hangry.... i wanted to murder my PC because i coundt pay my food with paypal (well in the end i could) XDD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:13:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: I use clip on my iPad, and the text tool still sucks. I was able to transform it before, but the lack of layerstyles and limiting size and fonts make me go back to PS. I agree that clip could do so much better if they had a layerstyles. Their stroke is just so choppy and bad...

@Atropa Belladonna: It’s better to do a lot of stuff on a different layer in case you mess up, and it’s a good thing for those starting out to get into the habit of. Some artists do shade on the skin base, but just make sure you have an untouched copy of the skin base or a swatch of the original skin base color saved in case you do mess up.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:16:29 )
@Tsundererra: ohh this sounds logical =)) thanks for the tip next time i will ^^

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:27:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Atropa Belladonna: No problem. ^^ One thing that helped me out is watching how other artists draw on YouTube. It helps if you look for artists who use the same program as you, and they explain what they’re doing and what. I wouldn’t suggest watching speedpaintings because it might be hard to see what tool they’re using and what layer they’re on.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:31:06 )
@Tsundererra: yes i think about this too if i would struggle more =)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:32:50 )

@Tsundererra: That's the thing. They DID improve it.
Not sure about the mobile version yet though.

But even then. That's more a graphic feature than an art feature. //shrugs

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:51:03 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: I use it more for signing my art and for little details, but it can be an art feature for some peeps. I took typography in university, and we had to make art with letters. :3 I remember using the v’s to make a lot of stars, and making spirals with c’s.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 19:51:58 )

@Tsundererra: Lol. That's totally fair.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.