Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing We Should Have Learned From Our Mistakes....

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/6 03:14:22 )

"Most likely." was Anya's reply.

"I... really do suspect that at least a few of them are. It's the 'odd' ones that are being targeted, from what I can gather anyway." She paused and took a drink of what she had before sighing, again.

"I just... I'm not sure if there's a way to stop this." She admitted. "Kinda scares me."

As they were talking, neither noticed the commotion outside.

♯ Obsession \\ Rejection \\ Your final breath \\ is now my possession ♯

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/6 19:27:13 )
Rainy gave a nod and couldn't help the sense of dread that fell over her. Her friend was most likely in danger and there wasn't really anything she could do about it. She then had an idea and looked at Anya with a determined look in her eye.

"Let me come with you. I can help you keep an eye out and I can help with distractions if needed," she offered.

She then went quiet again before giving a sigh. 'That sounded better in my head. Nevermind, that would be a terrible idea I guess. I would probably just get in the way," she mumbled before looking to Anya again. "Do you have any idea who's doing it?" she asked.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 20:00:10 )

"Ideas? None." Anya answered.

"Distractions? You'd probably just draw more attention to us, sadly." She added after a couple of seconds, before running her hand through her gorgeous white hair again.

"It's unfortunate, but the---" She was cut off by the common they heard at the door.

"EVERYBODY DOWN!" Someone yelled out into cafe. Anya looked to Rainy for a moment before looking back toward the front, wondering what was going on.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/10 02:11:41 )
Rainy didn't even have time to react before canisters were thrown into the cafe. She let out a gasp as they clicked and went off, sending out a blinding light in the room.

She quickly stood and stumbled, rubbing her eyes as she let out a yelp of surprise. "Anya?! Where are you?!" she called. Her sense of direction was completely wrecked but she knew she had to help get Anya out because she would be the one in danger.

Her thoughts were halted when rough hands grabbed her from behind and pulled her hands behind her back. Rainy struggled against the stranger. "Let go of me!" she yelled. She kicked her foot back and felt it connect with the person's leg. She heard a grunt then a growl.

She felt something sharp plunged into her neck and her world went from bright and blurry to dark and empty.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/10 02:23:12 )

The next thing that Rainy knew, was that she was waking in a dark, cold, and wet stone area. It was obviously nowhere she wanted to be, and when she shifted to try and move, she found shackles around her wrist. She tried them a couple of times, moving her arms and trying to get a feel for how much freedom she had, before stopping as she felt that they were too tight. It wouldn't take long before she was cutting through her skin, she was sure.

Her head pounded, as well. Whatever they'd used earlier had done a number on her it seemed. As it stood, she could barely see straight. That was fading though, thankfully. Not the quickest, but at least it was fading.

As her vision cleared properly, she noticed she was the only one that was in there. Part of her was relieved at that, due to the fact that it looked like she was in something about the size of a closet. It was tiny, dark as could be with what looked to be a torch on a wall in the hall that she could see through the bar style door ahead of her.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/10 02:37:25 )
Rainy rubbed her head, trying to get rid of the last of the bad vision. She winced at the pull on her shackles, the tightness hurting her slightly. She stood up tried to walk towards the cell door but her chains only let her go so far before pulling her to a halt.

She heard footsteps coming down the hall and backed into the corner, fear surging through her as her situation sunk in. She didn't know what had happened at the cafe but she could tell it had to do with whatever Anya had been worried about.

The thought of her friend made a surge of courage pass through her and her stance changed to defensive instead of scared.

The guard, she assumed it was a guard at least, stopped in front of her. He looked to be sizing her up before he pressed a button on his earpiece.

"One of them is awake, sir. What do you want me to do?" he asked. There was a static-filled reply. "Got it," he said before glaring at Rainy. "Stay where you are and behave. Someone is coming to see you, mage," he growled.

Rainy's eyes went wide at the statement. Part of her wanted to argue that she wasn't magically inclined in any sense of the word but she knew it would be futile.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 02:15:34 )

Rainy was left alone for a few seconds before a tall figure wearing a rather large goat, their figure was completely undecipherable. They looked Rainy from head to toe before sighing.

"Name." It wasn't even a question, was more like an order.

"Uhh..." Rainy hesitated for a few seconds.

"Find your tongue and answer." Their voice was snappish, definitely not someone that would be nice to meet alone in an alleyway.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 02:33:25 )
Rainy glared slightly at the stranger, eyeing him in return. She got a strange vibe from him and she didn't like it but her gut told her to play along for now. At least until she could find out what was going on and where Anya was. But when did she ever listen to her gut?

"I'm sorry, I was raised not to talk to strangers," she spat.

She leaned against the wall of her cell, crossing her arms to the best of her abilities. She may have normally been shy but she wasn't going to let some random stranger intimidate her, especially when she didn't know where her friend was and who these people even were.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:45:49 )

The end result, was that Rainy was stuck in there for ... longer than she would have cared to admit. She was interrogated (and not nicely) daily, along with given questionable things for food, or drink.

She was there for a couple of weeks, although there was no way to know how long it had truly been, before she heard footsteps approaching. They were... different, though. They weren't the steps of one of the guards, or one of the ones that had come to quiz her frequently. There was a familiarity to them, despite how she was sure she didn't know them.

The footsteps stopped close by, perhaps the cell next to her, and it was silent. Maybe it was just someone who had been picked up, as she had been.

With that in mind, she gave up paying attention to waht she heard. she had no reason to try and focus on the silence, right?

After another bit of time, although there was no way to tell how long, Rainy felt something on the back of her neck. When she went to scratch the itch she felt, she found a spider on her hand.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 15:05:48 )
Rainy's eyes went wide as she saw the spider. She smiled happily before looking around to make sure no guards were near at the moment. She then pet the spider gently before whispering.

"Anya, is that you?"

She wanted to make sure that it was quiet enough for her friend to hear if she was close but not be heard if any guards happened to walk by. If her friend truly was here then that could be a good or bad thing depending on if she was captured or on a rescue mission.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 04:14:29 )

Rainy was met with silence for a few seconds before she could have sworn that the spider nodded. That couldn't have been right, and perhaps it was a case of she just so desperately wanted to have it that it WAS Anya, but ... it was the best that she had fo the moment.

Before anything more could be said, the spider seemed to vanish. It went and crawled into the locking mechanism that was keeping her to the wall. It didn't take long before she felt the lock give and release.

It was definitely quicker than she was sure, before every lock around her, beyond the cell door, was released, and she was completely open and able to go.

Well, she would be able to, once the door was opened.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 03:11:36 )
Rainy stood, rubbing her wists as she cautiously stepped out of her cell. She looked around and ran to the door, waiting for it to be opened. She was beyond relieved that Anya was trying to rescue her but knew that they still have several guards and security measures to get through. She had no doubt that Anya could get them through it all but she just wished that she could be of better help.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:22:03 )

Rainy wasn't waiting for long before the door opened. She saw someone with a cloak, their face and form hidden beneath it, but a certain familiarity in the air. She was expecting someone in specific, and it was very much easy to identify that this was in fact Anya.

No words were spoken at this point though. She merely motioned with her hadn to follow her, before heading off, figuring that Rainy would follow.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 03:45:55 )
Rainy felt relieved when she realized the figure was Anya. She was overjoyed but didn't bother to celebrate. After all, they still needed to get out of this hell hole.

She followed after her, making sure to keep an eye out for any guards or other obstacles. She really hoped Anya had a plan for getting them back out without alerting the guards.
Roleplay Search | Art Gallery | Buffy's Boutique

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 21:39:54 )

Anywa was silent as she led Rainy through the building. They managed to avoid detection, somehow. What was surprising, was the fact that Anya led her into a room.

It looked like a small lab style room, too. It did not look friendly, but Anya led her in there.

Before Rainy could ask anything, Anya motioned for her to close the door as she made her way to the counter. She crouched down and opened the cupboard, revealing what looked to be an endless blackness in there. AS Rainy approached, curious, she saw that it was a way out.

"It's how I got in." Anya then said with a light chuckle.

"You first. I gotta put the wall back once we're through." She added as she stepped out of the way, grateful that the cupboard was rather large.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.