Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature The Camp Half-Blood Chronicles(and other stuff by Rick Riordan.)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 19:32:25 )
@godsandpunks: Not gonna lie, but Artemis Fowl's gonna have 'quite' a few words to say to Gilderoy Lockhart if he ever meets him, too.
If you get my drift.

Centaurs in Artemis Fowl are known to be geniuses ON TOP of sharing the base features of being Sharpshooters dagnabbit, did the Foul movie forget the geniuses part too!?

Their humor differs from the Party Ponies who are Pro-Olympus, too or the Centaur herds from the Modern Potter-world.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 19:56:58 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@LupaPrinceRomulus:
LupaPrinceRomulus:
Artemis Fowl's gonna have 'quite' a few words to say to Gilderoy Lockhart

Oh I would live for that. To watch Artemis devour Lockhart alive with his own boasts would be a thing of beauty. Actually one of the only things I still check up on on tumblr is the blog af-answers, the artist is very good at her character representations and keeping them in character etc. The Harry Potter crossover she did was excellent, you should go find it!

LupaPrinceRomulus:
did the Foul movie forget the geniuses part too!

Wait was Foaly even in it??? Like a huge part of the plot pertaining to the lower elements relied on foaly being smart (and a smartass).

But yeah, ive wrestled with that for years in daydreams. The 3 types of centaurs are largely not compatible. AF!verse and Riordenverse is kind of explainable, especially after the advent of other mythologies in Riordenverse. The lower elements are (largely) celtic myths and characters so the centaurs that were more closely tied to Tir na Nog would obviously have followed that history (Heaven city being basically the faeish "other world" thus why im using that name) instead of with the hellenic traditions. That and, like Chiron, i'm sure there are other centaurs who don't have the nature or interests of frat boys.

I frankly don't know enough about HP!verse to make a good argument, but they seemed to be less "human" from my memory.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 20:10:21 )
@godsandpunks: Sounds like a blog I ought to check out sometime, seriously I wanna see someone shoot the question in earshot.

That's what I don't know, whether or not Foaly was in it.

I could see the Lower Elements Police having HAD their own Gods a long time ago too, for what it's worth.
And any cases of 'Have you seen my Gods?' going on can be blamed a lot on earlier parts of humanity.

In fairness' sake, It could be worse than Frat boys, and with all 3 groups Female Centaurs are a thing.

Modern Potter-world Centaurs can see Possible Futures, their Seers are very reliable and crossing a herd of them is generally unwise.

Oh Dolores, how's your little foal-lings coming along?Oh wait you can't answer that either because you're dead or you're imprisoned, separated from those kids either way, but you're a bad 'mommy' anyways..

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 23:33:07 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus:
LupaPrinceRomulus:
I could see the Lower Elements Police having HAD their own Gods a long time ago too, for what it's worth.

Honestly there had to be some gods associated with The People, because The Book was reinforced by pretty significant magic. I think as a kid I always assumed it was Frond the Elvin King, who was referenced in the coded scroll at the bottom of the pages in Book 1, because as far as I know, he was the Fairy King back before the People were driven underground, and it seems like there hasn't been a Fairy King since. (It seems like LEP runs the city (s) -- i couldn't get through Atlantis Complex, so idk about other LE cities -- but if there were higher powers to answer to you'd expect to have heard from them during some of the more serious and dangerous situations that arose.)

Also lore-wise, Fairy Kings tend to be assigned by nature/some greater power than just a conquering army or a powerful man.

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/19 00:17:45 )
@godsandpunks: Fairy Kings are usually assigned by a Greater sort of Divine Power for their peoples, back in the day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 16:58:05 )
So may we save this thread?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/29 06:14:22 )
@godsandpunks: So how's it going?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:00:43 )
The Gods of Asgard and The Trials of Apollo when taken as a collective whole are not what the good doctor ordered.
Yeouch.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/24 17:09:24 )
Richard Riordan himself realized that staying in places like twitter is what got the fandom in a lot more trouble than necessary, folks.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 12:49:22 )
So anyone having high hopes for the show to do well-enough on Disney plus, or their hopes for the Kane Chronicles movie trilogy?

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 22:45:02 )
PERCY JACKSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH NICO EVEN THOUGH HE IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 05:48:30 )
Hazbin:
PERCY JACKSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH NICO EVEN THOUGH HE IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleased to meet you.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 07:20:55 )
@hazbin: Looking forward to the show at least?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.