Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature The Camp Half-Blood Chronicles(and other stuff by Rick Riordan.)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 15:33:54 )
Fenava:
@LupaPrinceRomulus:

Well you know more about them than I do

Yeah but mood-wise, when I feel up to getting around to dealing with them, I'll deal with them.

Until then I gotta worry about reading The Tyrant's Tomb for now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 11:07:21 )
I hope it's okay to give this thread another bump.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 21:25:27 )
I'll join.

I'm good with leaving Trials of Apollo out, I haven't gotten to read much since starting college, so I'm still finishing House of Hades.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 21:29:28 )
I'm still getting used to this website though haha, so forgive me if i make mistakes

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 22:15:19 )
@godsandpunks: You're good, anyways THOO at least brought in some Werewolves in the here-and-now.
Yes that matters.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 23:14:51 )
Werewolves?? Something must have slipped my mind haha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 02:56:22 )
@godsandpunks:

What Lycaeon's forces were doing during the heroes of olympus ring any bells.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:15:08 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: ohhhh yeah okay that makes sense. to be fair, i started reading the hoo books almost 5 years ago, lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 04:29:07 )
@godsandpunks: Fair enough, I went to read on The Trials of Apollo, for years and the main reason I'm doing this,
Is because I wanna see the Trials get finished in a somewhat satisfying way.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 20:02:28 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: I hope so. Lowkey i don't expect Riordan to stop writing for the greek demigods. I think its why he instead started an imprint under disney/hyperian to get other myths and stories written by other authors in his world. He's admitted before that he writes what his kids want to read (ie being the fandom prettymuch), and i think nothing is ever going to take off with such power behind it as the PJO characters.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 20:37:40 )
@godsandpunks: One thing's clear, I'd hope Riordan gets a doctorate regarding Celtic Myths and Legends, a Master's degree's not enough for dealing with matters like that.
To say nothing on making sure a Hype backlash can be avoided outright if possible, and I feel really bad that for the past 5 years in on Phase 03 of Riordan's stuff, we don't get the War series the fanbase deserves, either.
We should've gotten one, we didn't, and if the 5th ToA volume don't fix things decently, guess we'll have to take more serious steps.

Just saying, in the meantime I hope the flames Riordan's getting on twitter get filtered out, and most of us agree he and his folks ought to go check out pillowfort, anyways for constructive feedback's sake.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 23:31:33 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: tbh i haven't even finished Heroes of Olympus so I avoid his twitter a lot to keep myself from getting spoiled. I don't now what's happening in Trials of Apollo other than Apollo is a ditz (which is historically accurate). I'm not sure what you mean by a War series, but it would be interesting to see Celtic myths in the Riordanverse, since that's part of my heritage.

I'd very much like to see some native american mythos and some Scottish mythos since those are in my bloodline and I am very proud of them, even though I am very removed from them. (None of my direct family knows much about it, and the member of my family who was full Cherokee passed and left little record, so we just don't have much to go on or any connections to pursue.)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:31:12 )
@godsandpunks: Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles right here is what I meant, yes this series is awesome, as alternatives there's The Dresden Files and the Codex Alera volumes by Jim Butcher.
Fellow Gods of Light be facepalming at the Astral Planes on Apollo being (more of) a ditz(than he usually would've been.) though, but no worries, I won't spoil unless I'm tagging.

Sounds like long story stuff, no lies about it.
Truth be told I'd want the upcoming Celtic series to be better than 'the Trials of Apollo and the Gods of Asgard,' combined, and hopefully avoid the mishaps that The Heroes of Olympus got hit with if at all possible.

RP-wise avoiding certain troubles Jason was hit with is ideal regarding when anyone's role-playing, but hey, water is wet.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 20:12:10 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Yes agreed. My brother is happy and healthy in whichever camp he wants to be in, and I won't hear otherwise.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 22:15:13 )
@godsandpunks: Indeed.
Also Lupa herself's a Patron and deserves due respects.

Also yeah, I hope the upcoming live action series doesn't suck.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 02:00:41 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Riordan is writing the pilot himself, so it damnwell better not lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 04:58:05 )
@godsandpunks: What happened with the Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper's so bad, The Kid who would be King (no matter HOW GOOD a movie that one is.) couldn't be good enough to help save Fox from getting bought out by Disney.

The less-said about Artemis Foul (the botched shot at an Artemis Fowl movie.) the better.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 05:26:42 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Yeah i refuse to look at the AF movie, that book and those characters have meant too much to me over the years that I wish the movie had never been made.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 19:09:18 )
@godsandpunks: The Artemis Foul movie with how it's done is gonna warrant payback from Artemis Fowl sooner or later.

That said, the CHB Chronicles can't afford another backfired project right now, that much is obvious.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/18 19:26:11 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I mean i think to dogged fans will keep hoping, but Uncle Rick has been working nonstop for a couple of years to get Disney onboard with a good[/] reboot/series.

As for AF, i saw it best in a tumblr post heaven forbid:
[i]Book Artemis would release a fake shark into the water where Movie Artemis was surfing, wait until he thought he was safe, and then release the real shark.

I love my savage boy, he was already relatable and okay so I'm a little megalomaniacal but they just watered it down and made it flat pepsi to the masterpiece of a coke float that the original was.

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.