Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I have no ears and yet I must hear.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 06:03:59 )
None of the human ears Ive tried jive with my avatars hair. A tiny bit of it sticks out and it looks as if Ive got an ear glued to my head like Im some kind of demented ear collecter. Anybody else have this ear-ssue?

(why yes I did make this thread just to conjure that pun thanks for asking.)

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 06:05:27 )

yeah, thats why i use animal ears instead xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 07:03:18 )

@Acid: I know. I don’t like any of the ears either!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 07:58:34 )
@Raxton:
oh, yea the animal ears are all pretty adorable. (you are really rocking the pair you have tbh.) but ive not really been able to settle anything but horns at the moment.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 08:30:46 )
@Bioshock:
all they really could need is a tiny extension like a little flesh patch that comes with the ear.
I know that sounds weird to say. lol. flesh patch.
I tried it out and still looks a little odd to me. idk.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 08:36:52 )
@koneko:
you know what, you are right. lol. Ears! who needs them? daryl dixon and safecrackers thats who! i didnt even notice my avi didnt have them until today. but I cant unsee it now and im cursed to walk an earless road.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 08:44:03 )
@Totalanimefan: is it me but are they few tones darker then they should be? but I do like the way your hair kind gives the shape tho and that doesn't look bad. tbh.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 08:50:23 )

@Acid: To me they don't work because they are too far up (I feel like they are anyway)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 09:21:35 )
@koneko: that's true. but they can be dangerous. its all fun and games until they overgrow and stab you through the face. oh, would you look at that? mine are already halfway there. o.< owwie.

but I'll get used to it soon enough. lol.

@Totalanimefan: I didn't even notice the positioning but I think you are right. but on the bright side, ears have been my only sorta-kinda-could be-i-cant-believe-its-not-butter complaint.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 09:22:35 )

@Acid: The shape on them is weird too, but I think it's the position that makes it look really unnatural.

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 12:38:06 )
I don't think I've ever used ears on an avatar here.
I just hide the fact that they're missing behind hair lol.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 17:01:27 )

swhat you get when you have bobble-headed avatars: weirdly-placed body parts and strange proportions. > n> just sayin
Though I haven't had any issue with the ears on here so far, aside from finding them too high up... and a little too darkly shaded in some cases IMO.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 21:55:31 )
@decomposer:
The other hair I was using hid the side of my avatars head really well and it took me a week or two to even notice I didn't have any. lol.

@Totalanimefan:
yea I'm not fond of the human-ish ones, I want to like the elf ears but they won't work for me either. aw well. I'll just pretend I have owl ears and they are hidden real good. XD ( they are deep and cavernous and I can hide goldfish crackers in them. )

@Count Trashula:
I've come to expect bobbly headed-ness but this just struck me as strange since nobody was wearing any. but I've come to accept my head and love it for it's ears or lack of. lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 22:12:16 )

@Acid: yeah most of the time I just hide behind the hairstyle and don’t wear ears

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 01:13:31 )

@Acid: aye, most of the hair on here covers 'em anyway.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.