Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ☆The Moon's Desires.☆ [NOT Actively Looking!]

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:17:15 )
I've never really done an RP hunt thread before, but ... well, I'mma try. XD

Anywho! Hi. I'm Luna. I like to RP.

Spoilers will contain the information for ya~

☆Fantasy
☆Modern
☆Medival
☆NON romantic
☆Original
☆1x1
☆Literacy

☆Romance based
☆Too young.
☆Slice of Life.
☆Chat-speak [barring if it's a post where the character sends texts or whatever, of course]
☆Novels for posts as an average. I like good length, yes, but not novels every post.
☆Character profiles.

1: ☆ Dark Mana | Dowan ☆
2: ☆ The Darkness | Shadami ☆
3: ☆ Darkness Before Dawn | Colin ☆ | COMPLETE
4: ☆Seeing is Believing | Colin ☆ | COMPLETEd offsite
5: ☆Growing like Weeds | Colin ☆ |

So yeah. If you have ideas, fire 'em at me. I have a couple of potential ideas as well. Gonna grab the second post in here as an 'idea collection' for this. XDJust so I have it. Lol.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:18:06 )
This'll be for ideas, and plannings and whatnot =)

None at the moment, sorry

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:32:14 )
@Lunakiri: Hai there. ^^

So far, we have a bad dude trying to take all the world's mana, and two confirmed good guys who have the power to stand up against him?

What I'm wondering is, are we indeed part of a resistance? Does the mana in each person awaken in different ways to grant them power?

Perhaps we're a brother and sister, and one of us has the ability to sense this upcoming catastrophy?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:36:43 )
@Dowan: Howdy~

And sure. We could have them part of a resistance. Either that, or they are doing it on their own because everyone else is too damned scared to stand up against the big baddy.

And yes, awakens differently in everyone. Could be damned near anything, too. As long as if it's an OP one... there are some serious drawbacks, of course. ~<3

As for siblings, I'd be game for that.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:42:24 )
@Lunakiri: Hm, I see! That does raise the question of a setting. We have modern fantasy, but how does this big bad operate?

Is he a politician? The CEO of a megacorp? Is he just some dude and we have to unravel the mystery as to why things are going haywire in our particular city? I kinda like that, actually.

Ooh, maybe the big bad is kinda unstable and he doesn't know exactly what he's doing? o.o

I quite like the sibling aspect. Not gonna lie. XD

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:49:58 )
@Dowan: I was leaning toward the idea of figuring that/revealing that later. ^^;;
Beyond that, I was thinking he's just a nobody that no one notices. And yeah, is completely nuts too. Otherwise they wouldn't be so stupid to do this. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:54:27 )
@Lunakiri: Makes sense.

I notice one of your dislikes is 'too young.' What age range are you looking for us to play, here? I ask because this plot is reminiscent of anime, and most anime casts are in their upper teens/young adults.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:55:53 )
@Dowan: Preteens, young teens... like think 17+ is perfectly fine for me.
Until you hit elder... 'cause that'd be too old. XD lol.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:00:03 )
@Lunakiri: LOL, I just imagined an elderly duo navigating a city with canes in hand. The first page of RPing would be traversing a dangerous sidewalk.

In terms of atmosphere... I feel like the city we live in would be under some distress? Since mana has been rapidly going away, daily life may not be all sunshine and rainbows?

I feel like going to school or not going to school would work here. Could have several interesting interactions both ways. Such as people going haywire at school, or investigating areas in the city if we're not students.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:03:07 )
@Dowan: . . . omg. That'd be hilarious. Probably boring to play out, but fucking hilarious to read. XD

Ahem..
For amosphere, yeah. Distress, definitely. There'd very likely be a lot of people in ... very ungood positions/states. With the mana stolen, people wouldn't be acting at peak performance, so to speak.

And yeah. Could easily have them be older, and in like... grade 11 or 12, or something. Or in college, if at school. Could start at school with shit gettin' out of hand moreso than they had been before, as well.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:15:03 )
@Lunakiri: LOL. I just have bad elderly voices in my head right now... >.>

That's perfect since I'm a big fan of darker themes and more oppressive worlds. Not sure what your tastes are yet, though.

Hmm, school turning into a more dangerous experience may prove to be a good opening for us indeed. I like the idea of college. We could live off-site to avoid dorms and promote more interaction at the start.

Would be a good idea to avoid the whole "hmm, my roommate might have strange powers..." situation too.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:19:27 )
@Dowan: Darker themes =win. Plain and simple. The darker, the more entertaining, and more enjoyable to play out. [Even though... that may be partially because I like to beat on my characters at times ^^;;]

And live off campus? that would definitely work well~ Could have it that either our two, if we stick with the siblings thing, live apart at first before something happens and one goes to the other looking to place to stay. Being siblings, they obviously would care for each other at least a bit.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:33:55 )
@Lunakiri: Then we're on the same page. I like torturing my characters too. ^^

Oh, that's a good idea! I like that. Yeah, they'd obviously care about each other at least a tiny bit, and I'm thinking we'd know about each other's "potential" for us to think of the other as a haven of sorts. This could work in a friend/best friend, or even just close associate event as well, if you want to go away from the sibling route.

Those with "potential" or the ability to control their mana might get a feel for those who are in their same situation?

But assuming we go with siblings, one of us meeting with the other and seeking sanctuary would prove a good starting point.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:38:15 )
@Dowan: I'm totally game for siblings~

And yeah. They may be ale to get a feel for others who may have, perhaps. It could be a case of some people have that, specific, ability, too. So not everyone knows everyone who could have, but some can. If that makes sense.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:42:04 )
@Lunakiri: Makes sense! Some people in such shows possess the specific ability to seek power users out.

Hmm. What else do you think we have to talk about?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:49:28 )
@Dowan: Hmmmm
For the moment, I think we have enough to start it at least =)
If there's anything else that comes up, we can definitely come back in here, ping the other person, and use it to sort out ideas ^ ^

Now, here's a question. Who will start it? And who should seek out solace with whom?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:56:38 )
@Lunakiri: Sounds good!

Oh, but do you like profiles? I haven't written one in ages, but I wouldn't mind. I just prefer to discover things about characters rather than have it explained prematurely.

As for who will start, hmm. We don't necessarily have to seek out solace right away. Why don't we play with our characters a bit, get a feel for their personality, and see where the story takes us? I can write up an introduction to my character in that case, and that can serve as our opening.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 11:59:54 )
@Dowan: I approach these as if I'm writing a book/story. I don't plan out the characters for those. I let the story dictate the characters. I may make notes abotu the characters as I go, create the profile as I go, but never ahead of time. > < . I find they take away from the story.

You're welcome to do so, but.. I won't be. Lol.

And if you want to do the opening, feel free~ We could play something out with your character running into trouble, needing to seek that solace, over mine if it works out better.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 12:02:23 )
@Lunakiri: Haha, I'm the same way. I hate profiles, personally, and haven't written one in ages because I like the characters to develop as I write them, and not be restricted to preconceptions.

Alright! I'll get started and maybe have it up by the time you wake up tomorrow.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 12:04:59 )
@Dowan: Awesome~ Just be sure to fire a link at me and I'll be sure to reply~
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.