Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Walmart removing violent video game displays from stores but still selling guns

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 19:59:25 )

Following two shootings inside its stores, Walmart is removing violent video game displays and signs from stores, the retailer confirmed Thursday.

Stores were sent a memo that called for “immediate action” to remove signing and displays that "contain violent themes or aggressive behavior." The memo circulated on Twitter and Reddit, and Walmart officials confirmed its authenticity to USA TODAY.

“We’ve taken this action out of respect for the incidents of the past week, and this action does not reflect a long-term change in our video game assortment,” said Tara House, a Walmart spokeswoman, in a statement.

rest of the article

Yeh where should I begin?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 22:13:28 )
this is kinda silly... like I don’t even know what to say. Lol
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 22:15:54 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’m pretty sure they chose to do that over removing guns because of money. Games will still sell regardless of the “aggressive violent displays”, but they could lose a pretty penny by removing guns for sale. I’m so tired of the mental gymnastics people in this country do to justify their shittiness.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 22:34:27 )
    That's next level madness!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 22:37:17 )

Wow. It’s like to will do anything except actually do something to solve the problem. But it’s ok because money.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 00:53:21 )

so, this is stupid
very stupid

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 02:37:40 )
yeahh... video games are the problem.... sure...

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 21:42:07 )

Let's be fair. This move has nothing to do with them trying to stop mass shootings or anything of the sort. It's not in any way an attempt to take action against violence. It's just a "sensitivity" thing: not openly talking about (or in this case, advertising) something that people are currently upset about or especially sensitive to due to recent tragic events. They're not going to stop selling the games, nor are they going to stop selling guns for the same reason. The displays they're removing aren't even specific to video games--just anything referencing violence. This also includes movies and hunting videos on display, as outlined in the employee handout. Walmart is not trying to stop shootings, so claiming that they're blaming video games for violence is a bit fallacious here.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.