Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I really hope I don't have to reinstall windows :(

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:04:38 )

I suddenly have problems with Windows Update not working. I already had problems with steam and adobe reader not working but got those fixed. I already did some googling but no succes so far. Will have to call a computer repair shop tomorrow.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:20:02 )

Is the update itself not installing? Or is the update messing your computer up? Because I have the same issue, but with dell. It wants me to install a "critical update" but it won't install! It installed the optional ones though? So if you get any updates on that, let us know!!! ;w;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:36:36 )

@Howonk: If I try to search for updates it won't let me. It tells me the windows update service isn't active. It tells me to try and restart the computer but that doesn't solve anything.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:41:41 )
I always turn off windows updates and my computer works just fine. I have never found a windows update to be useful.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:43:00 )

@Lilypoo: I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:48:37 )

Wait hold on you can actually turn those off? ..... give me the deets ? (I run windows 10 if thats anything)
Also thats so odd @vengeance: ?? Did microsoft stop offering updates for windows 7???

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:49:06 )

@Hazer: Well I had it said that it needed to ask me for my permission to install the update.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:50:43 )

@Howonk: They will stop the support for Windows 7 in I think 2020. But right now they still sometimes send updates. My last update was 3 august I saw.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 15:52:41 )

@vengeance: Huh, alright. And that wasn't very long ago, only a business week! I wonder why they sent out an update so soon afterwards, and why it won't let you in install it. I'm assuming your computer has the space... and I don't think it would interfere with you having possibly outdated drivers for anything else. That's so odd! Hopefully, the computer shop or someone here on voltra can help you. Good luck, though!

|| Ping me for the fastest response please! ||

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.