Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Happy Lughnasadh!

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 01:12:06 )

> Happy Lughnasadh!

> Dunno if there's any other pagans on here. My family is Celtic Reconstructionist, so we had a real nice day!

> How are y'all celebrating? We had a big bonfire with some family today, all bringing something we've grown in our gardens, or something from the local farmers markets. We burned some sage an incense, made offerings to the Gods, and had a really nice time. My girlfriend is an atheist, but even she was more than happy to participate, which warms my heart.

> Anyone else do anything fun today?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 01:20:02 )
I'm currently way away visiting my family, so I'm away from my altar and plants. But I spent time with my family, drank beer and basked in nature. Lotta' plants and bumblebees.

Blessed be. Have a wonderful Summer! /Hugs!

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 07:16:02 )

> @Synthetic Nature: blessed be, my friend! i'm glad to hear you're surrounded by such nice people!

> @Bioshock: hey man, to me it doesn't matter what god or gods or lack therof you might believe in. as long as we share a respect for the planet and extending kindness to others, you're good in my book! i'm definitely the same tho - i love learning about other religions and cultures, even if i don't follow them myself.

> @koneko: you're more than welcome to ping me with any questions you might have. a lot of the stuff i know from being raised & surrounded by the religion, but i know a bunch of different websites and books from a lot of pagan friends in school that came to the religion on their own. theres plenty of different beliefs even within the pagan label, so it can all be confusing at first for a newcomer. even as someone who loves to learn about other religions, i sometimes still get confused by which god belongs to which pantheon, what church denomination means what, what holidays are part of which faith, etc!

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/3 02:16:07 )

> @Bioshock: are the southern baptist churches the ones that are like, "gays and immigrants should be burned" ?

> i'll be honest i really don't know very much about the Abrahamic God or Jesus Christ, but from what i do know i don't think they would want That.

<br>
tyson pixel by alexis! RIP tyson
<br>

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.