Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Wildfires Ravaging The Arctic Right Now Are So Intense, You Can See Them From Space

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 19:41:58 )

The Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the planet, and after the hottest June ever recorded on Earth, the region is literally on fire.

From Greenland to Siberia to Alaska, huge swathes of flame and smoke are wrapping themselves around the upper Northern Hemisphere of our planet, like a suffocating scarf.

Rest of the article

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:25:11 )
jeeze oh peete
this is just getting scary at this point ;o;

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 22:00:50 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: From what I read, the Arctic is covered in peat, which releases a buttload of carbon dioxide that will contribute to our planet getting warmer, not cooler. One reason Venus is the hottest even though it’s not the closest to the sun is because its atmosphere is thick with carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses. You’re right about volcanic smoke causing a cooling effect, but that’s because of the sulphate aerosols (SO2) and ash being released from exceptionally large eruptions, and not CO2 (though that is also being released). I wrote a paper about this in high school but ughhgghhhh brain no work no more. D’;

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 16:09:20 )

That’s a really scary headline.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 15:49:02 )
I heard about this and it's terrifying. I wish there was something I could do, but such is life I guess.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.