Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you like the beach?

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 06:28:09 )

As someone whos lived on a island for most my life, I'm pretty tired of it. Growing up I did a lot of outdoor activities, and I used tolove swimming. As I got older I sort of got over it and now I despise even being out in the sun (I've basically become a vampire). One thing I especially don't miss about the beach is the sand getting everywhere~

What are your thoughts on the beach? Do you love/hate it?

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 08:47:24 )

Fellow island goer here. I like the ocean but I wish the sand wasn't in the way.
A Lil Pixel Shop | Quest Thread

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 08:52:08 )

Sand is a pain, but I love the beach. I plan on moving closer to it someday when I'm able. The salty air is so much better for my health than this nasty city, too.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 09:23:57 )
I don't like being dirty, I don't like the sun, and I don't like the heat so...The beach is not my favorite place. I'll go every couple of years and even then I rarely spend much time on the actual beach.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 09:49:54 )

@Francisco: ugh seriously, being in the ocean is great and all but I just cant stand the aftermath lol. I remember driving a group of friends to the beach and my car ended up in a total mess regardless of my efforts to try and prevent it

@Uncledaddy: Ohhh I definitely understand what you mean. I have asthma and I noticed the ocean air has a lot of healing properties compared to the city. I hope you find a lovely home near the beach eventually ^^.

@Zack: Haha same I don't like being dirty either. Nowadays if I'm dragged out to the beach I just sit in the shade doodling in a sketchbook.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 13:32:11 )

I don’t like the sand but growing up in a costal town I was so over the beach but it’s been 5 years since I lived there are now I miss it. I also really miss the sea breeze.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 14:50:47 )
I grew up on an island too, though here the beaches are a lot more rock + water than sand + water. so yea I do like the beacy beaches. but havent gone to one for a year, and not take a swim for more than that thanks to a toenail that gives me pain ( especially tese days where it is starting to loosen to fall off.. something that happen about every 2-3 year it became like that after a socceraccident 11 years ago ^^;)

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 18:37:47 )

@Alexis: aye.. we actually found a place near where we'd like to live that looks perfect, but since I had to leave my job and my partner's job has her under contract for another year, we can't go any farther than my city for a good while yet. It pains me, but we've also got a lot of other things that we need to deal with before we're really ready to move away from everything, so I guess we can use that year to our advantage.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 22:46:10 )
@Alexis: Yes! If I could just have a nice umbrella, maybe a cold beverage or two, and a book/my Switch I'd be golden!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 22:48:00 )

I do not. I hate sand. It always get's into my shoes. It's also tireing to walk on.

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 23:13:00 )

>
vengeance:

i do not. I hate sand. It always get's into my shoes. It's also tireing to walk on.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
-Anakin Skywalker

Sorry, couldn't resist!

@Alexis: I'm not really a summer person in general, plus the amount of body dysphoria i get makes it hard to wear swimsuits in public. but i am a SUCKER for collecting seashells and cool stones and building sandcastles!!

<br>
tyson pixel by alexis! RIP tyson
<br>

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 01:46:06 )
I love the beach but I rarely go, possibly once a year if friends are in town and I have to play tour guide. Even though I'm in Hawaii, it's been too busy to go.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 02:57:58 )
I've never been to an ocean beach before. I'm very land-locked where I live, so the closest I can get (without hopping in a plane or driving for hours and hours) would be lakes and rivers.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 04:09:58 )

We stayed at a place on the beach once and they didn't have a broom. The floor got so sandy we ended up sweeping with towels.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.