Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 05:32:35 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that's an ominous warning..." Jake said.

"Sounded almost like a threat." Sharp commented.

"No... no, I've heard her make threats." Jake responded. "That was a legitimate warning." he assured Sharp.

"....." Sharp was silent, and then sighed.

"Right." he said.

"Come on." he told Vanessa.

"We need to talk."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 05:34:12 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Vanessa was silent for a moment.

"As the Ramaarin said. " She stated.

"Lead the way." She added. Because what I have to say is pretty serious."

"And no, I wouldn't be here if I didn't need the help."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 05:58:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp merely took her inside, and... on autopilot... started to take her to his office, before catching himself. He then quickly altered course, and took her to one of the interrogation rooms they had.

Once there, they went inside, and sat on opposite ends of a long table.

"All right." he said.

"You say what you have to tell me is serious." he told her.

"Let's have it." he continued.

"And I'LL be the judge on the severity of it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 06:02:22 )

"Oh of course, because you don't trust me." Vanessa stated calmly.

"It's merely nothing more than the Order of the Sand is falling apart." She told him simply, and gave him a moment to actually say what it was that she had stated.

"There is corruption in there. Their sand is corrupted." She then said.

"I can tell you right now, that something of that variety is pretty dire."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 06:36:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp was stunned to hear that.

He had to take a minute for it to truly sink in.

"I beg your pardon?" he asked.

"The Order of the Sand. The ones responsible for dreams, sleep, and the very subconscious... are corrupted." he said. "Those said to be near-infallible." he went on.

"...that is a VERY bitter pill to swallow. And a hard one to, at that." he then said.

"If what you say is true, then this is a situation that can... and will... bring the entire world to an end." he stated.

"How could you possibly know such a thing!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 06:47:39 )

"The one that caused it decided to tell me." Vanessa stated

"At which point I punished him, of course." She added.

"But you don't believe me, that is fair." She then continued as she leaned back in the chair she was sitting in.

"Tell me, how has the little fox girl here been?" She asked, her tone curious, yet knowing."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 07:08:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp paused as Vanessa mentioned Peyton.

"............well..." he muttered, before thinking.

".......huh." he said.

The more he thought about it, the more skittish she had been. More paranoid, and seemingly more tired.

"Well... hm." he mumbled.

"Wait." he then said.

"How would YOU know how she's been?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 07:14:11 )

"I did do my research before coming over." Vanessa stated simply.

"Is that not enough proof for you?" She then asked

"Convincing, yes, but still quite hard to believe." Hal responded. Vanessa just shrugged.

"What about that Zombie you have here? Hasn't she gone ... shall we say... more feral?" She asked.

"Are you going to tell me that you don't believe they are connected, especially since it was after they slept? For both of them. They were fine when they went to bed, and had changed upon waking."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 07:44:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Sharp paused.

".....yes.... yes, she has." he agreed.

He was silent as he gritted his teeth. Everything Vanessa was saying was adding up, but... how could he believe her? She could be pulling manipulation on him.

However, at that point, his cell went off. He checked the ID, before sighing.

"One moment." he told her, getting up and making his way to a corner.

"Yes? Is this important, because-" he started to say, before he paused, clearing having been interrupted. "Mmhmm... mmhmm... uh-huh... wait... what? Really? You're... serious?" Vanessa heard him say. "You're sure. Absolutely... no, no, I don't doubt you, or your sources-" he continued, sighing quietly.

"Well... well, you can't get better than that." he admitted.

"Yes, I'll do whatever I can to help. I'll let you know when I get solid information." he finished, before hanging up and making his way back to the chair.

"Right then, what else can you tell me?" he asked her.

"Because if you have any more information on this crisis, then it would be greatly appreciated." he added, his tone noticeably different than before.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 07:59:01 )

"Ahhh, let me guess. your just received a call from Hollie Remmington and she filled you in on what she heard from her brother, who heard from his daughter, who then heard from her lover." Vanessa stated calmly, proving that she really did know more than she put on.

"And I can give you the potion that he took to allow him to be able to corrupt the Order member that was watching over him that night." she continued.

"Along with that, I can give you a sample of his mana, so that it can be properly analysed by you - I have my reading but I realise that you likely wouldn't trust that." As she spoke, she sounded almost cocky, but that was very easy to believe, considering what he'd heard and knew about the elf.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 08:09:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." again, Sharp was silent.

"Very well." he said.

He then proceeded to push a notepad and pen over towards her, as well as a special specimen bottle, specifically used for keeping mana samples in.

"Here." he said.

"Use those." he told her.

"And your arrogance is aggravating, but fitting." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 08:10:59 )

Vanessa didn't say anything more before writing down what she said she would. After that was done, she withrew a small vial from her own pocket and dropped it into the bottle that he'd slid over.

"Done." She stated about five minutes later.

"Anything else?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 08:26:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp looked at the notepad, and was stunned. Her writing was gorgeous. It looked like straight up calligraphy.

"Ah... well, your handwriting is... impeccable." he complimented her.

"And... anything else?" he asked.

"Well... hm." he mumbled, thinking about something.

He had Vanessa Encrae at the Unit. She was powerless with the mana cuffs on, so she couldn't really use her mana at all to manipulate the people here. This was the perfect opportunity. One of the biggest criminals in the history of the mage world was in their custody right now. As the head of the Unit, and one that was close to Hollie Remmington, he had a legal and moral responsibility to take her in and hold her.

But she had come to him in genuine need. She had supplied him with information that they could not have gotten otherwise. Wouldn't it just be honourable and good form to look the other way, just this once? Did this act deserve such a turnaway, after all she'd done to various people in this world, over the time she'd been alive?

"No... no, I don't think so." he then managed to get out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 10:19:25 )

"Mother always taught me to make sure that others can read the message I write." Vanessa stated simply as she got to her feet, after he'd said there wasn't anything more for her to to there.

"Once you have these removed, I will be out of your hair, or lack thereof." Was the next thing she said.

"So shall we make our way to the entrance where I am reasonably sure the keys are?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 21:20:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just growled when she said what she did.

"Yes..." he said.

"Out of our hair." he commented.

'...damn it all.' he then cursed, looking away.

"I have the opportunity of a lifetime right here, Vanessa Encrae." he then said.

"Yet my sense of honour is telling me that I would regret it forever if I essentially did the 'proper' thing right now." he told her, deciding that the blunt truth was always the way to go.

"My mind is in a war over the 'right' thing to do, and the 'proper' thing to do." he went on.

"..........so let's get back to the entrance." he then finished, sounding defeated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 22:40:39 )

Vanessa just smirked.

"Of course you are." She stated.

"You're one that tries to claim you're a 'good' being." She continued, "Morality is always a dilemma."

"Now lead the way." She stated, not ordering anything, but there was a tone to her voice that did seem to be nothing more than just a statement. While he hadn't been under her thumb, so to speak, he could feel the command that she seemed to exuded, even with the cuffs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 22:59:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Don't push it." Sharp hissed, as they made their way to the security area.

"Keys." he told Jake when they arrived.

Jake tossed him the keys, and when Sharp and Vanessa were outside, he took them off her.

"You have 10 seconds to get out of my sight." he told her.

"And if you leave ANY traces, we WILL track them, and we WILL find you." he promised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 23:15:33 )

Vanessa didn't say anything.

"Of course." She stated after a few seconds.

"Do try. I think it'd be rather entertaining to play a game of cat and mouse, where the mouse is superior." Was the last thing she said before she vanished in a bit of a flash of her mana, leaving Hal alone where he was. She was surprised though, that he hadn't brought up the idea of the book. Was good for her, meant she didn't have to deal with him being a bit of an idiot and having issues with the fact that she essentially saved the woman's life. Of course, that was completely ignoring the fact that she had every intention of trying to collect the woman and the book and pen for her own uses.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 23:43:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal couldn't shake the feeling of being incredibly stupid right now.

Because of some idiotic sense of 'honour', he'd let Vanessa Encrae go. They'd had her, and let her go.

He wondered how this would impact the future of everything, but part of him was scared to think about it.

But he DID know that he felt a lingering pit of dread in his stomach.

"....damn it all to hell." he growled, knowing Hollie would eventually find out about this... and wondering how badly she would react to it.

"Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up costing me big in the future." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 00:08:20 )

It was about then that he felt some calming, yet still oppressive, mana around him. When he turned to head inside, he saw another elf leaning against the doorway inside.

"I would've shown up before, but I did not want to interrupt." She said, her voice calm.

"You need someone who can access the Order, so I'm here to help."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.