Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk tumblr and dysphoria (this is a rant)

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:03:20 )

so hear me out: i use tumblr mainly for sims cc, but recently used it to see if anyone was selling a binder bc why not right? people use tumblr to sell their binders, might as well check
so i was searching, and i saw posts that were like U MUST BE DYSPHORIC 24/7 TO BE TRANS like whAT????
im sorry but i dont constantly think of the fact that im not flat??? sure its at the back of my mind a lot of the time but at the moment i kind of try and push that thought way back as a way to cope yknow???

anyway, so it made me doubt myself. now, i watched a video a few years back of a guy showing his transtion up to the point he was at, and he EVEN SAID THAT HE DOUBTED HIMSELF AT TIMES AND WONDERED IF HE WOULD REGRET IT. so i KNOW that its normal, but i STILL doubt myself and wonder if im even trans and if this is all a misunderstanding.
the thing is, when i think of my future i literally see myself as a fully transitioned man, and seeing as though im willing to go through BOTH SURGERIES and am willing to bind and start T, surely thats a sign that i am infact trans?? AND THE FACT THAT IVE BEEN GOING AS KAI AND USING HE/HIM PRONOUNS FOR 3 WHOLE YEARS

i think the thing thats making me worry the most is the fact that, at the moment, i dont feel a whole lot of major dysphoria about my 'female assets', mainly because i try my hardest not to think about them or even look at them as to not get immediately upset. i think once i start binding though itll be more obvious because ill want to keep the binder on like 25/8 and get extremely uncomfortable when i take it off
that and i literally have social anxiety and depression which is only made worse by the fact that i dont pass at all which basically causes me to constantly be depressed and in turn not really feel anything other than big sad

so yeah, that was my lil rant
TLDR; tumblr has made me doubt that i, a guy that wants to go through THE WHOLE TRANSITION AND SURGERY, am actually transgender. thanks tumblr.

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:43:08 )
Tumblr is...a very special place. I have nothing against it, and also love it for things like pretty pictures and Sims CC, but there are a lot of people there who have that sort of elitist/gatekeeping mindset. Of course for every person with loud negativity, there are dozens more who are supportive, uplifting, and positive.

If you know in your heart that you want to transition, nobody can tell you otherwise, or invalidate your feelings with their own opinion. We are all walking our own paths and no two are alike.

It's much easier said than done, but try not to let it get you down! Stay strong, keep your chin up, and stay focused on your goals. Congrats on getting your first binder! I believe in you.

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:57:29 )
yeah definitely stay the hell away from tumblr until you're more comfortable with being out and stuff. It just makes things worse.

literally the only thing that makes you "trans enough" is if YOU identify as that. that's it. you can be wearing pink dresses 24/7 and bright makeup and if you think you're still trans? guess what, you are. it's your decision.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:06:36 )
I always had a love hate rl with tumblr. A lot of it is really toxic at times and it’s hard to avoid stuff you don’t want to see..idk. I left tumblr and never looked back lol. They summed it up pretty well up there. You know yourself better than anyone, and what you feel. ^_^ some people just have their little bubbles that they live in ya know.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 09:40:06 )

Hi, transgender here. Using hormones 3 years now, had my boobs and lady parts removed. Once I quit smoking, I can go for the last surgery.

Tumblr is a shithole. I’d say hell holes, but, thanks to some there, hell seems fun and Satan sounds like a decent guy.
Lots of people there will tell you how you must feel and what you have to do just to be transgender. Some of them aren’t even transgender, but just like to shout about it.

That’s not how it works. I met many transgenders and we all have our doubt from time to time. We all have moments when we’re okay with the gender we were born in and we all have our “I want to but it’s too much effort” moments.

Before surgery, I knew I wanted my boobs gone, but was kind of at peace with the rest. It was there, it worked.
But, given the option and opportunity to get it all removed, I wanted them gone. Still not because “omg it’s so awful, I can’t look at it”, but more because, if I can choose, they’re out of there.

According to those shouters on Tumblr, I wouldn’t be trans, but guess what? I am. I say I am, 2 psychiatrists say I am (and with them, their team because they have to present their patients to team and everyone has to vote for that patient to go to the next phase), several doctors say I’m trans.

Tl;dr: don’t go on Tumblr for medical or psychological advice. They just like to shout.
If you feel that you’re transgender, you’re transgender.

Also: please don't wear your binder all day, every day. That can deform your ribs and isn't good for your skin.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 17:04:18 )

I think Koneko and Vii put it perfectly.
Tumblr has a lot of dumb gatekeepers and only you can know what you really feel. You don’t need others to talk you what you are or aren’t.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.