Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Grief + Hospice

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 21:08:25 )
My mother choose hospice at home and started this on Tuesday evening, she stopped all medical care; dialysis, wound care ( surgery and diabetic complications) , her insulin (diabetic). My mother entered the hospital on May 31st for an emergency surgery, she survived it, choose to fight but was not strong enough. After a short stay at a rehab that messed up my moms sugars, and the surgery not being successful (wound open not healing), my mom decided to come home.

This has been one of the most emotionally conflicting times for me. My sisters, father my girlfriend and I have been at my moms side ever since. Sleep has been minimal, emotions are high, and I feel like I am floating. I don’t want to be around anyone, and I know that’s my right and I am allowed to feel what I am, I just don’t know how to proceed with my emotions and the emotions of my family.

I’m cycling through all the emotions; right now its indifference. I don’t want to be touched, family is arriving in hordes and its slightly irritating me. I understand they have a right to see my mom and pay respects, it’s just distributing the little bit of normalcy I have left.

I just needed to get this out. I feel myself cycling, changing, turning into a different person; for better or worse.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/30 01:58:58 )
@Lithium: hey there, my adoptive mother-the woman who raised me, went through hospice after many years of hospital visits and whatnot. Being diabetic and also having a heart disorder. They said she didn't have much time but she ended up sticking around for a few more years before going to hospice. I know how all that can be. Just always remember the good memories you shared. Sorry you have to go through all that.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/30 03:20:38 )

"@Lithium: I am so sorry. My boyfriend is going through a similar thing with his father. He will go into hospice soon from home. It has been difficult because he isn't like he use to be, but that is understandable. In a way, you can see he wants his father not to suffer any more, but at the same time he wants him to live. It is difficult and sad. I am so sorry you are going through this."

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/30 05:42:46 )

@Lithium: -hugs-
It’s ok to feel how you feel. Even when it’s a lot of different feelings at once. It’s how people grieve and it’s healthy. It’s a very difficult time and the least you can do is allow yourself to feel how you do.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 00:00:03 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

Thank you everyone, I’m sorry I took a while to reply. Shortly after I made this post my mom passed. We had the funeral today and I’m feel pretty numb.
Can’t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 06:10:43 )
My condolences to you and your family. I can't imagine the emotional cocktail which you must be dealing with. In the very least, she is no longer suffering, and has crossed to a better place. <3 Hang in there.

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other &hearts;
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.