Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Kim Petras

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 03:48:08 )
Any Kim Petras fans? I heard of her years ago because she was the youngest person to undergo gender confirmation surgical procedures but I was watching the news earlier today and they had a story on her being a major international pop star. I listen to older music, 60s-90s, so I haven't been aware she's charting.

Any fans? What are some of her best songs/videos? They played a couple clips on the news and they were in English. Does she record in her native German, as well? Any other languages?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/1 09:26:28 )
@Eldweena: I'm a fan, though I do have mixed feelings about the producer she works with. However, not knowing the terms of her contract especially as a trans woman makes it difficult to judge the situation so I just try to listen and enjoy the tunes I like! She's got some hits, but I think she's still trying to figure out what sound really works best for her. I like her experimentation as well, though I feel like sometimes it doesn't really work out in her favor.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 13:27:24 )
@Zack: Oh, really? What's her producer doing, exploiting her or is it the inconsistency in her music? I know she's been around for a while. Where would you recommend starting? Any particular tracks?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 15:38:28 )
@Eldweena: her producer is dr. luke, the man infamous for the whole kesha situation.

hm, i'd start with some of her earlier hits like "heart to break" and "i don't want it at all" but some of my other favorites are "personal hell" and "broken."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 15:36:03 )
@Zack: Oh, that's terrible! X_X I don't know why anyone would work with a creep like that. Maybe when the current contract expires she can work with someone else. That would just make me feel gross. Bleh.

Thanks for the recs! I'll check them out.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.