Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Apparently being transgender is statistically safer......

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 00:08:02 )

"This defiantly may get some people's attention but hell, it's meant too. So, I am in a debate with someone about Taylor Swifts new song, but the story of being transgender came up from a bisexual male (I assuming),who is claiming being transgender is safe based on statistics. UGH.... I hate when people use statistics as a key point on people's lives without any disregard of the fact it is not safer. The rise of transgender's being killed is happening and the violence rate is high. Even in the community it is dangerous to be trans, with terfs and gay men even discrediting them. I am pansexual and dated transgenders,I have known what they go through daily from seeing it first hand. I hate that my opinion is invalid because i have anecdotal evidence. Ugh, well that combined with statistics, context and facts all lead to the truth. Statistics is one factor but isn't the entire objective of what is going on. I can say statistically people of color get arrested more, but the context of why that happens also needs to be talked about. It is really just disgusting how people within the community have no bearing of what is really going on. Also, I believe he maybe young and has no knowledge of what is really happening, especially world wide. What is your opinion of the transgender community and the crimes that have been happening?"

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:29:12 )
Know 'dat feel.

I'm witnessing families being torn apart at this very moment because people are misunderstanding and mistreating transgender folk. People are killing themselves and being killed over this stuff that really shouldn't even matter. Until people are safe to be themselves, no one can tell me it's safe to be anything.

But in an attempt to spread more love and positivity, here is a wholesome gif to make y'all feel better.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:50:18 )

"@Dragonus Luciferius: Awe thank you!

Luckily it ended or else I may have been banned on the site lol"

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:44:50 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

What the heck statistic says that? I attempted several different wordings into google and google scholar and only get links discussing hormone therapy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 03:23:55 )

"@Millet: No idea. lol.... The information the guy gave me online was conservative and a police website. It is really ridiculous to be honest. We all know there is an influx of murders with transgenders and we all know transgender are in the minority. I just don't get what was being claimed in the argument I had. It was really do to my comment about transgenders of color being the biggest victim. "

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:31:32 )

Statistically safer than what, exactly? And safer from what? If he's trying to claim that being trans is statistically safe because there are less of them, meaning that a smaller proportion of total victims are trans, then he's barking up the wrong tree. That's not even how statistics works. Of course you're at a higher risk for violence if you are transgender. Not only does being a minority group mean that occurrences will disproportionately affect your demographic, but the reasons behind those occurrences show that this group is targeted specifically because of their demographic, which skews the percentage even higher, NOT lower. People need to get over themselves and acknowledge that LGBT people--especially trans people--are still nowhere near equal.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 10:35:46 )

Oh yeah, the trans community is totally safe from being abused, getting killed, being beaten up, kicked out of their house and fired from their job, because statistics say that only % of the population are being threatened like that. /sarcasm

Seriously, let that guy just walk around with a transgender for a few days and talk to the people in the community.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 14:38:40 )
@MoonEevee: Banned? Oh. For the debate? XD

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.