Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk HUUUMMMM.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 11:21:51 )
Blegh

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 16:20:58 )
@Hazer:
I'm just so anxious around them and they repeat this pattern too which is really exhausting. They barely give me attention or affection but after we argue they are all over me. Asking how I am, wanting to make plans, putting in 10x effort, etc but after a week it goes back to how it usually is then rinse and repeat. And every time we argue recently, my mental illness is always brought up.

I'm trying to be firm but it's like a joke or they just think that I'm overloaded with stress and using them as an outlet or I'm anxious or whatever so I don't really know what I want or what I'm saying lol. I'm just so exhausted.

I have a really bad habit of shouldering the blame for everything and I try really hard not to but I do it all the time.

Idk. There's other stuff too and it's just been a build up of stuff over the past year.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 16:47:12 )

If they can't even take care of themself they sure as hell can't take care of someone else. And him blaming your mental illness for influencing how you feel is really awfull. He doesn't care about you at all from they way you describe it. It seems he's just looking for someone who takes care of his junk so he doesn't have to do it. I am sure if he asks his mom she would tell him off. He also just seem to try and get you to stay by acting like he cares after an argument.

You are not to blame here. He is 1000000000000000000000%. He is trying to make it seem your decision isn't based on what you really want but on how you feel that second. Try writing down exacly what you want to say. You can also take that note with you.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 17:03:42 )
At this point, I would just rip it off like a bandaid and say "we're done" and leave it at that. Blaming your mental illnesses for your perfectly valid feelings is a gaslighting tactic and it's dangerous.

nyreen:
I'm trying to be firm but it's like a joke or they just think that I'm overloaded with stress and using them as an outlet or I'm anxious or whatever so I don't really know what I want or what I'm saying lol. I'm just so exhausted.

I've been in a similar situation and they're not going to listen to you. You're going to have to be firm and tell them that you're done and it's over. Don't leave any room for discussion because they're going to take any opportunity to tell you that your feelings are invalid and make you second guess yourself. Your happiness and wellbeing are much too important.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 19:10:12 )
@vengeance: boop

@Kira: boop

@Hazer: boop

Thank you for replying. Yeah. I even pointed out that they could be gaslighting me and they said they weren't. It's possible they've internalized unhealthy coping/defense mechanisms from their really abusive family. Which is another issue I have, they won't move away from their family and reinforce boundaries. They've been living with two roommates for over a year but their parents still harass them and verbally, emotionally and mentally abuse them. I've been trying for a really long time to get them to put space between them. They aren't financially dependent on their family btw so there is no reason why they can't cut them off for a month to just show them that they need to value having them in their life more. Y'know? After hearing everything their family has done, I can't stand to be around them and barely go over. I'm never invited over anyways. And then I get asked why I hate being there so much when *TRIGGER WARNING* I know that they have been physically abusive and have literally been held against their will in their home by their parents. Like why would I want to be there? Also their dad has been comfortable enough to have full blown, aggressive arguments while I'm over and I'm not about to be around when their dad or whoever finally snaps. The rest of their family is okay, but they're all pretty "traditional" and I remember their brother-in-law asking them "are you okay with that?" when I said I enjoy working with youth but don't want any children of my own. As if I wasn't sitting right there and have a say over what grows or doesn't grow inside of my own body lmao.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 19:29:13 )

@nyreen: You really don't want to be around a family like that. If he doesn't want to distance himself from his family it says enough. When you are old enough you are responsible for your own behavior.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 19:53:06 )
@vengeance:
yeah, they're going to be 26 soon. and i'm also turning 26 this month. at my age i'm just really over this. if i had the money they had then i would be living on my own. a reason why i don't go over to the apartment anymore is also because the roommates are filthy, worse than them. and some of the friends they invite over are really problematic. one is really predatory and was creeping on me for a good two years. so i don't want to go over and be around people who make me feel unsafe. they (partner) had the chance to move out with me but didn't, they kept doubting i was serious about it because I've been flakey before. I have a bit of commitment issues and it is a big step so I hesitated. then when i got upset that they renewed their lease (one reason legit being bc they just didn't want to bother moving out of pure laziness) they blamed it on me going back and forth. but i only lacked confidence when they showed no confidence in my decision making. honestly i need to work on myself too, and i'm looking into therapy once the summer is over. i'm going to try out some therapists and maybe get on anti-depressants/meds for anxiety or whatever and start treating myself better. but they also need to take care of themself. i'm always irritated with them now and we argue so often.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 20:13:18 )

@nyreen: They probably rather have other people to take care of them so they don't have to do it. I mean if they are to lazy to move out?
And yes it is good to work on treating yourself better. That way you can walk out of sitiuations like that earlier and draw boundries quicker. You then also know you are not the problem but the other person is.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 20:25:09 )
@vengeance:
i've spent A LOT of time reflecting on my behavior and health over the years, i've defs made progress but i need to take the next step which is seeing my doc and then finding a therapist that meets my needs. i need to move out too, so rn i'm saving a lot to get out by next year. my plan is either to live with one of my very good friends or on my own, i'm learning towards the latter bc i believe living on my own may be a good idea. and i would totally get a cat. if i'm smart i can afford it. esp if i keep working hard at work and getting recognized for my efforts. work-wise i'm in a VERY good spot, my home life has improved but i defs need to get away from my family and have my own space.

sorry my posts are massive, getting my thoughts out somewhere is really helping me clear my mind. i just texted them that i don't want to be with them. they're not a bad person tbh. they work with me btw, as my employee (but we dated before i worked here and they worked here and i wasn't the boss when we both both started here). my only fear is that they drop commitments to work but i doubt they will, they're not like that. they're very committed to working with youth and know how important it is to have consistency.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 20:51:21 )

@nyreen: You could always start with living with a good friend and then work from there to live on your own. In the meantime you can save more money for the move. Because the sooner you are out of the old situation the better.

No need to feel sorry for your long posts. It is good to let it all out.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 20:57:08 )
@vengeance:
Yeah. They're saying that they don't understand where this came from. But I've been saying at least once a week that I don't want to be with them and pointing out that we argue all the time, the cycle we go through, etc haha. This is so exhausting. And it feels like this conversation is going in circles.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 05:26:58 )

@nyreen: Hey there. I'm sorry you aren't doing well. They are gaslighting you, even if it comes from their own mental issues it's not right. At this point if talking to them about it doesn't work text them that you are done and be done with it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 05:37:45 )
I ended it, we spoke for 90 min while driving around. Felt like it didn't really go anywhere. I'm going from angry to sad to just disappointed bc of this. My goal is to save and move out by next year, then get a cat or dog once I've settled in. I plan to find a place that I see myself living long-term. And I'm going to just keep working hard at work and focus on myself. I'm going to wait to start therapy until I move out because I've realized that my current home is toxic and whatever I accomplish will be undone and also I have to hide therapy, doc appointments, etc from my family which will be stressful as they don't respect my privacy and ask intrusive questions. so I'll just make do until then.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 05:57:04 )

@nyreen: I'm glad that you were able to end it. And I'm glad that you are working on moving out. I'm going to therapy and honestly it works.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 02:36:17 )

Spent more time talking today. Stayed firm about not being with them. Brought up what they need to do to better themselves and to make it actually possible for our relationship to ever be what it was and they were actually really responsive and acknowledged what I said. But this could just be the usual cycle so I'm not getting back with them.

Slept most of today, but managed to eat and shower and read. I'm okay. I think.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.