Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 05:22:30 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"Well, go talk to him." Kiah suggested.

"See if he's heard anything. A week of silence isn't good when someone is off to do something." She added

"Meanwhile, I need to go touch base with someone else for a moment. I'll catch you later, Az." Was the last thing she said before waving and heading off back to the lab. Once she reached her office, she sighed before dialling a number on the phone she had on her desk.

"Hey, Vincent." She greeted once it was answered.

"I need to ask you something .... I doubt it, because why would she, but have you heard from Aedan?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 05:36:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Vincent muttered when Kiah answered her question.

"No..." he said.

"Why?" he asked.

"It seems she hasn't been heard from in about a week." was the answer that Kiah gave.

"........" Vincent was silent as he heard that.

"Want me to check up on her?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 05:40:56 )

Kiah sighed lightly.

"Please." She answered.

"Her other half is ... rather concerned. It's quite unusual for silence from her for an entire week." She added before sighing.

"And while on the phone with you I tried calling her through my cell... but it's going straight to voicemail. Her battery is likely dead, or the phone is off."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 05:56:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....right. I see." Vincent replied.

"I'll go check on her." he told her.

With that, the call was ended, and he sighed. He got up from his desk and stepped away from the books and papers that were on it. He made his way to a more open area, and used his wind mana to whip up a small tornado around him, teleporting him to the cave where he'd taken Aedan previously.

He made his way to the steel door, opened it, and poked his head in.

"Reveka?" he asked, using her 'real' name.

"Are you still here?" he asked further, making his way to the secondary door and knocking on it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 05:58:32 )

He didn't hear anything within the room at first. It wasn't until he poked his head into the room that he heard anything.

It sounded like knocking.

As he stepped farther in, and approached the dying light, he found her laying on the floor. She waved slightly, having been able to tell who it was from the shoes, and she heard his voice before. She didn't sayu anything, mind, due to how her neck was pretty severel snapped, and her larynx was unusable for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 06:28:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent froze when he saw Aedan there, in that state.

"Oh, dear lord!" he exclaimed.

He quickly rushed over towards her, and lifted her up in a cushion of air.

He saw that her throat was VERY badly damaged, and floated her body into his arms, before quickly making his way to the teleport pad and using it to get back to his manor, in the den. He let her float in the air once more, calling Kiah as he did so.

"...Kiah, get to my manor now." he told her when she answered.

"Seriously. I need you to be here and teleport Reveka to the Unit, as I don't think my own mana is whitelisted for direct entry." he told her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 06:39:30 )

"On my way." Kiah answered before the call was ended. A matter of about thirty seconds later, the chemist herself appeared in the den of Vincent's place. She was about to say more before seeing the pair.

"Right..." She said quietly.

"I gave Sharp a heads up about it, and I should be able to get right into the med wing so Angela can tend to her again." She thens aid. Aedan just gave her a thumbs up.

"All right. Aedan, you ready? Gonna be a very uncomfrotable, potentially painful, landing on the bed. I'm sorry about that, but you know I'ma fire user, not really any gentle way to do that." When the zombie gave another thumbs up, Kiah just let out a breath.

"You want to come with? May be worth while for you to go check in with Hal and let him know what you found, kinda thing." she then asked Vincent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 06:41:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed.

"If you can get me in there." he said.

"Hal and I don't see eye-to-eye just yet, but he DOES need to know what I saw." he reasoned.

He then sighed once more, and nodded.

"I'm ready to go when you are." he told Kiah.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 06:46:00 )

Kiah nodded before there was a swirl of fire around them. When it faded, they were in the med wing of the Unit, and Aedan landed, as Kiah apologized beforehand, rather roughly.

"Sorry Aedan." Kiah said before looking around.

"All right, maps are like at every corner.' She told Vincent.

"Head on up. I'm going to track down Angela, or someone else that works here, to get Aedan the help she needs."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 06:58:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just nodded.

"Right." he said, making his way out of the medical wing, and towards Sharp's office.

After a few minutes, Angela was taking care of Aedan, and Sharp and Vincent had shown up in the medical wing, to check up on the latter.

Sharp paused as he looked around, before realizing something.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh boy." he muttered.

"I'm... probably going to get an earful from Angela." he mumbled, NOT looking forward to it.

"I would not want to be in your shoes." Vincent commented sincerely, before going to find Aedan.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 22:39:47 )

When he reached where he'd left Aedan and kiah, he noticed that the latter wasn't around. She was probably off to return to work, since it was the middle of the day.

He'd step in to silence though. He found Aedan sitting on one of the beds nearby, a hand at her neck as she seemed to be trying to 'crack' it back into place. When she noticed Vincentg, she wavd.

"Yo. Thanks."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 02:17:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, you can speak again." Vincent said.

"Good." he commented.

"At any rate, let's get down to the main concern here." he then said further.

"What the hell happened to you down there?" he asked.

"I'd ask what sort of accident you got yourself into, but given the state and size of the room, an accident that would cause you to break your neck seems highly unlikely." he then reasoned.

"So what DID happen down there?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 04:22:41 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Mostly.' She said in response to his comment about her being able to speak.

" And I had my neck snapped by a statue. The same thing I was there to research about."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 04:47:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent froze when she said that.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"That's... that's impossible." he said.

"Nobody should have been able to get in there." he went on.

"...this makes no sense..." he mumbled further.

"And who would have known you were even DOWN there...?" he wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 05:56:30 )

'Nobody. Right." Aedan commented simply.

"There were zero life signs. I'm a zombie, kinda attracted to those." She added after a moment.

"But there was nothing. That thing wasn't alive, yet it was still able to get in there and snap my neck quite severely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 06:24:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....this is troubling." Vincent said after a pause.

"The fact that it got there at all is troubling, but it somehow knew that someone was there." he continued.

"...how did it even sense you?" he wondered further.

"When did it happen?" he asked.

"Do you have any idea how long you were in there before you were attacked?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 06:28:13 )

"Despite not having any active mana myself, I do still have a mana signature." Aedan commented.

"And along with that, I also have life signs, despite being dead." She added before sighing.

"Beyond that, I have no idea." She admitted.

"I wish I did, but... I have no idea."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 06:42:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent crossed his arms over his chest, as Sharp came into the room.

"Aedan, what happened?" he asked.

Aedan gave her explanation, with Vincent adding in to help out.

After they finished, Sharp just sighed heavily.

"Were you at least able to find anything useful?" he asked.

"Or was you having your neck snapped and left alone in a deep cave all in vain?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 06:48:38 )

"Well, that depends on my phone." Aedan answered before motioning to the dead device that was on a table nearby.

"If that is dead beyond dead, then yeah... I didn't get anything. If that is actually just a dead battery that needs a charge, then yeah. I think I did find something. Not too much, but a friend of my father had some surviving records in there." She told him honestly.

"All I got, was the formula for what was needed to turn a living being into those stone statues."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/8 07:03:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....that could very well be the turning point for all this." Vincent commented.

"Indeed." Sharp agreed.

"But we need that phone in accessible condition." Vincent then said.

"Simple. We get her boyfriend to grab it and charge it at their place." Sharp responded.

"Boyfriend?" Vincent asked, looking at Aedan.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.