Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature For those of you who Roleplay...

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 21:44:58 )

I think this is where this question goes?
I just think this can also apply to writers in general!

But anyway! For those of you who roleplay in forums and stuff, how much time do you find yourself spending on average writing out a post?
I know it can vary from post size to post size, so to narrow it down, we'll say when it comes to post sizes between 1-3 paragraphs.

What do you find slows down or speeds up the process for you? Got any bad habits?

For me, I tend to take forever on posts. 1 hour +.
I try not to write entire walls of text, so most of my time is spent on cutting down on as much fluff as possible.
I also get really nit picky, and I tend to stress myself out when rping should be fun.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:08:58 )
ive never para rped because i cant keep up the content. im lucky if i can manage just one good sized paragraph, and if i do it takes me...maybe 2-3 minutes? ive never taken long on mmuch of anything because i always have a good idea what i want
I wear many faces

Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:22:31 )

When I'm doing more flourished posts (Like what I want to do. For some reason my current RP Partner pulls out the simpler posts from me.... no idea why DX) I can take... 10 minutes if I have something to go with, and I REALLY go with it, or up to half an hour if I gotta figure it out.

Of course, this is entirely excluded from the time it takes for me to even notice there's a reply for me to tag. XD
(That can take an hour or more sometimes. Pings are lovely fo rthat, though XD)

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 05:11:56 )
I takes me less than five minutes to write a post, unless it's more than two large paragraphs. I type very fast and stories just feel like they write themselves. When another character speaks to mine, I feel more like I'm taking dictation as mine responds, rather than spending minutes or hours or days deciding what to "write" in reply.

If you're not having fun roleplaying and it takes you so long to think of what to write, maybe it's just not the right story for you and you need either a fresh RP or a new RP partner. For me, it's very jarring when the other person takes all night to respond. It really kills the mood and breaks up the scene so it doesn't flow naturally. Maybe that's just me.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 19:08:09 )

Depends on how smoothly the story is flowing, how much of a writing mood I'm in, whether I'm tired or distracted, how good of an idea I have of where things are headed, how much my partner has given me to bounce off of, etc etc. Time it takes me to make a post can vary a lot, from under 10 minutes to an hour or so for longer posts. I like to stop and re-read what I've written, both by itself and in the context of the story so far, to make sure it flows well, uses the right language, and doesn't have too much repetition.

AKA Count Trashula

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:13:00 )
I might spend around ten to twenty minutes on a post depending on how well things are going. Starters can take much longer since I’m starting fresh and I’m not responding to something already written. Writing prose outside of role play can take a century and I probably spend an hour per three to five paragraphs. I think it’s the act of responding to someone else’s creativity that makes it so much faster, instead of slogging through it by my lonesome.
I woke up like this.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.