Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Open chat + Updates-We are still around

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 06:51:03 )
@Taffy: Damn, homelessness is actually pretty rare here. Or atleast they are not sleeping in the street/begging with large numbers

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 06:55:30 )
@Hazer: Yeah I’m not a fan of the Tories. I hope that more young people go out and vote.

@GalacticGoudvis: A lot of people are homeless with a job. They live out of their car

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:01:43 )
@Hazer: It is. I understand UK Politics lol
I keep thinking to myself what’s worse? Trump or Brexit? I’m sorry it’s happening to you guys

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:03:52 )
@Hazer: Nothing wrong with using whats available, also rewriting Voltra sounds like it would be hard to combine with keeping the current site updated. Looking at the update history I'm guessing Voltra had about 2 to 3 years of development already?

NodeJS is great, and most Javascript based frameworks should play nicely with Electron.

What I would personally do create endpoints for all the data Voltra has and use that to build the Javascript based version of the site. This will allow you to very easily at a mobile app if you ever wanted to

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:04:44 )
@Taffy: I would say both are equally worrying to the world. But hey as long as we don't blow ourselves up I count that as a win

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:08:34 )
@Hazer: Quite a lot, but if you joined a year ago, who owns this site then? I kinda assumed it was you :p

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:14:15 )
@Hazer: I feel ya, I always do that myself. Especially after reading clean code.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:16:24 )
@GalacticGoudvis: This is true lol
@Hazer: I do agree that Trump seems less permanent but here could be another 4 years of him, plus he has gone permanent damage to healthcare here and LBGTQ rights. And don’t forget about separating children and families at the border. :(
I feel like once Brexit ‘happens’ there can be a revote on Brexit. Polls say that enough old people have died, and enough young people have become 18 to change the vote even if people voted the same way (I think that more people would vote to say this time). It’s still a crazy and horrible time and I’m sorry you guys have to go through with it. It should have never happened.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:18:05 )
Efficient code is the best code

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:23:16 )
@Hazer: Yes. I hope that neutral people learn from this period and think that it’s not enough just to be in a bubble. Voting and being involved is serious. You don’t have to dedicate your whole life to it, but at the very least go out and vote. The crazies always do, and look what happens.
Also I’m tired of people saying that my vote doesn’t matter. UGH

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:25:34 )
@Hazer: exactly, and you know what, you don’t vote so that you get your way. You vote so that it’s a fair and just process. You vote so that you may be represented.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:28:03 )
Also way to many people vote for their own short term interests instead of their long term vision of how the world should be. For example immigrationm while this can be a issue, the western population is not growing enough to be sustainable so it's kinda a neccesity. Either that or people should start having 3 to 4 children per family

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:31:05 )
@GalacticGoudvis: Yes. Just look at Japan. They don’t allow anyone to come into their country and become Japanese and now their workforce is so overworked they dont’ have time for kids, or even a lover. There is even a word in Japanese for death by overworking.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:52:45 )
┏━━━───•

Wow, they look awesome
And the item stacks omg o:

•───━━━┛

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:58:46 )
@Hazer: Wow you are really spoiling us today! It’s looking so good. You are going to finish before the other team hands in their tag list, haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 07:59:03 )
@Raxton: Have you been lurking instead of posting?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:04:15 )
@Hazer: You are smart to think like that. That’s totally the best way to test the feature before it’s live ^^;

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:09:58 )
┏━━━───•

@taffy: I m at work hahhaha..
So yeah.. I ll be a bit slow

@hazer: ahh so you found a way to limit the number of pose allowed depend on the number of item stacked? O:
I think the previous dev say thats the reason for not stacking them

But seriously tho, they look amazing
Just really hoping it will work as well in mobile hahahha xD

•───━━━┛

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:10:14 )
I would love me an item stack reee
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/28 08:25:41 )
@Raxton: Oh sorry I didn’t know you were at work.
and those are good points that you brought up. I’m sure that much consideration has been taken for mobile users. I feel like a lot of people use their phone to go on voltra.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.