Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange DevilkinBoi's Antiques Store

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 20:09:38 )

@Bonnie: Process goes like this: I complete the assignment and fill out the invoice with hours worked, pay per hour, what client it's for, the name of all the screens designed and my signature. I email that, plus the screens, to my boss. Boss passes the invoice to my brother-in-law(he's the owner of the company now, his dad retired) who signs it. Invoice then gets sent off to accounting to get the check made. Once the check is ready, his sister has to sign it. She pretty much only has that job because of daddy dearest. She's useless except when it comes to paying herself. Dad's gotten pissed a few times at how long it's taken for him to get paid because of her antics. After it's signed, I get called to pick it up. Direct deposit can't be done since like I mentioned before, I'm not an official employee. For now, since the invoice has my postal address, to avoid having too much direct interaction, they'll be mailing it to me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 20:11:47 )

@DevilkinBoi: gotcha. Well I feel like he needs to drop her if this problem continues or really strictly apply the proper protocols to ensure she’s doing her job correctly and in a timely manner

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 20:15:17 )

@Bonnie: It's unlikely, since she's his sister, after all. And him disciplining her... He's too soft at times. I had to personally go to the office once back when I lived farther away(30-45 minute drive) to demand my check. He was heading out and saw me. Treated me like a little kid, saying I was wasting gas and not to come if I wasn't called in. Let it be said, I didn't cause a scene or throw a tantrum. I just asked "Where's my check? It's been over two weeks." and they started checking what was going on. He may be married to my sister, but I was so pissed off.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 01:52:09 )

@DevilkinBoi: that’s insane. He needs those rose colored glasses yanked off. That’s hella condescending as well and top of that not good business practice

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 02:30:01 )

@Bonnie: Definitely not. I honestly wonder how the company stays afloat with such practices... My dad had to threaten them with retirement quite a few times because of their shitty practices. He did retire eventually, but for some reason or the other(I didn't feel like prying), he decided to return to work. However, he gave them rules and conditions for him returning to work for them.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 03:31:56 )

@DevilkinBoi: wow. I can’t. That’s really bad. I hope you guys are treated better or at least are able to receive your deserved pay!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 03:38:26 )

@Bonnie: Boss always pitches for me when they're pulling the usual check delay shenanigans.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:11:20 )

@DevilkinBoi: that’s good! I’m glad he has your back so you get paid for your work!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:14:47 )

@Bonnie: Heck, even the lady from accounting who makes the checks has gotten irritated over the whole process.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:16:21 )

@DevilkinBoi: it’s not a good process tbh. Your sister in law is tripping. Like she needs to be taught some actual HR and get it rolling

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 19:44:33 )

@Bonnie: Good luck with that happening.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 20:09:00 )

@DevilkinBoi: yeah. So do you have any plans? Anything interesting happening?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 21:31:01 )

@Bonnie: Nope. No plans at all. Just another boring old weekend. I did finish the second book in the Witcher series.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 23:45:13 )

@DevilkinBoi: yeah I’m okay with another boring weekend. It feels like I haven’t had one in a while even though I had one last weekend lol.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 01:33:48 )

@Bonnie: Least my week won't be as hectic. Mom's returning to work.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 15:34:52 )

@DevilkinBoi: yay! That’s good news. Is she happy?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 15:39:38 )

@Bonnie: Not really. She keeps thinking she'll get infected even though it'll only be one person in her area and they have other protocols in place.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 16:43:46 )

@DevilkinBoi: I mean her anxiety is on one hand a good thing but she needs to just focus on being clean and washing her hands and whatnot. If she is not dealing with clients directly she should be fine

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 16:51:34 )

@Bonnie: Bonnie, I can understand anxiety, but she takes it to ridiculous levels. Even my godfather, who's a nurse, called her measures ridiculous. I know being clean and such is important, but it's such that it borders on being paranoid, like simply going out means she'll get infected and die. She'll be alone on the days she works, and any clients she gets, they can't go in and have to wait for her to bring whatever they need so they can pick it up without direct contact.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 18:54:04 )

@DevilkinBoi: yeah that’s way tooo much. If it’s contact free she does not need to be worried about it at all.

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.