Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee A Refugee Newbie from Another Community...

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 14:13:01 )
@So What: Besides creating art for Voltra, I work in a comic book store. I'm pretty much a professional nerd. I also listen to metal, sling spells and watch horror movies. Yourself?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 16:11:59 )
@Fellowsheep: yeah, i usually start off simple. Tyen as i get more items, start being more elaborate with the designs.

@milkdaddy: i'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all :) Plus, I see the forums are active and going...which is amazing

@glume: oh maaaan a comic stooore. Is it as fun as it seems? I'm a game designer, myself. I work on hidden object games for a small company published by Big Fish Games. Hoping to find another gaming niche to work in, or shift to translating.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 18:13:11 )
@So What: IT IS. A few weeks ago the guy who wrote Fight Club came to sign stuff... this weekend is free comic book day and we're going to have a ton of artists there... also signing stuff... On a normal day I'm alphabetizing magic cards or comics, occasionally filing them away, sticking them in bags and boards, and talking to like-minded nerdly folk. So much fun.
What part of the game designing do you do? I used to love playing those hidden object games as a group with my mum and dad. We would compete or do speed runs to make things more interesting. I'm so glad they have plots now because the very first ones were a bit too un-engaging to play solo.
I used to make some games (The art anyway). Mostly in 72hr gaming competitions. I miss it, but had bad experiences trying to work for some cellphone game company (that was around before the word "apps" was a thing) and they kind of turned me off of the idea of making money off of pixels that I didn't push for furres. Fozzy has restored my faith in that though.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 18:14:04 )

@So What: you’re welcome! I’ll send you a welcome trade. ^_^

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 18:29:25 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: thanks for such a warm welcome! I had an epiphany when I took a course in Storytelling in Video Games and Comics about eight years ago. And since then I've been really into game development. Landed on this job ad by accident three and a half years ago, and the rest is history :D
I'm pretty happy, fairly sure I've found my calling, but the economic aspect of it is horrendous. All about making money, and less about creating.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 19:24:03 )
@Glume: oh man, now I wish I worked at a comic book store. :viocry: It sounds way more relaxing, but just as hectic (although in a less psyche-damaging way, I bet).

As far as my job goes, I basically come up with the plot, the locations, characters, puzzles... Of course, it all has to be discussed and approved by others. But it's a daunting task, as fun as it can get.

@Totalanimefan you are too sweet ;n; I'll have to repay all of you somehow.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 05:49:14 )

@So What: you’re welcome.
Welcome to Voltra. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 17:31:35 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

@So What: Same. Towards the end, I never actually posted, just logged on for a minute or two to get my daily gold - and there was quite a bit of it! - and to play one or two of the mini games. I have to admit, the fishing game was fun. Still, I never made any friendships or even had any interesting conversations - not like I do here!

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Voltie — Nayu Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 02:59:43 )
@So What: hi So! I feel we may have met at said other place before.

I usually go by Ala/Alatariel. Lol. But I’ve been using Artemis as my main here and Ala is my mule.
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.