Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee A Refugee Newbie from Another Community...

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 08:20:35 )
Hello, everyone! Not sure how active this website is in general...
I've been looking for an avatar forum community for quite some time, and this is the first remotely active one I've been able to find! (I'm trying to steer clear from Gaia online, too chaotic for me)
And it looks soooo cool and chill <3

Nice to meet you all! Any tips on what I can expect from Voltra?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 08:41:10 )
Welcome to the site. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 09:23:28 )
◄ {First off, welcome. I'm still fairly new too, so I wouldn't be the best one to ask questions about things.

As someone who's been/is a member of many avatar sites, the impression that Voltra gives me personally is a good one.
Strong community, excellent website design, good communication from staff, prospect of many new features.} ►

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 10:26:36 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it&rsquo;s a plan!

@So What: Welcome to Voltra! There seem to be a lot of refugees from Gaia lately, haha. It isn't really a surprise - Gaia is so big that your comments/posts get lost in the mix more often than not, and posting isn't even a focus anymore - you can just visit and play the mini games, and get all the gold you could ever want. So much for the "community" part of an avatar community site ...

We&rsquo;re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 12:37:53 )
@Mellonin: Oh yeah, agreed!
I used to be on Gaia for the mini games, and the aquarium ones... never really managed to build friendships with anyone.
Then I found Solia back in '09 and for about three years, or four, I was there. No mini games, just good ol' posting and hanging out.
Sadly, the servers went out one day (from what I've heard, since I left shortly prior), and nearly everyone lost their items and inventories. Then the website was sold to someone, cause the owners couldn't afford to keep it up.
And ever since the sale, it hasn't been the same...

@Zyqi: How's Gaia holding up? I think I tried visiting a few months back, since I remember my account and.... boy, is it a clusterf*ck.

@Robyn: Thanks a bunch! How frequent are the posts here. After lurking for a bit, it looks like most of the threads aren't as active. Looks like avatar forums are not doing so good.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 12:44:22 )
◄ { @So What:
It's been better since Lanzer's return, but it's far quieter than it used to be. Averages about 5k people during the day and 2.5k at night.
Interestingly enough, I've been seeing a lot of returning users and even some newbies. Probably because they finally got their new mobile app released and fixed a ton of bugs. } ►
Hiatus until further notice.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 12:45:48 )
Oh wow, they released an app?
That's actually pretty great. And probably fairly difficult to maintain. I can't imagine the load time for an app.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 13:01:06 )
You can expect Shenanigans! From me, at least.
We have fun events with contests and forum-based games, lots of items to snag. We have new items released quite frequently, available for Volts (on-site currency) and Ohms (real-world currency). If you can't spend real-world money, these items are usually up for trade for Volts or services (art/writing/etc.) We also have very generous staff members and users who often just throw items at new users for funsies. Sometimes, in event contests, we let users design their own items. Also sometimes, when I'm deep in the artist-block-zone, I'll prowl the forums and pixel items based on what you guys are talking about. We have an awesome cast of NPC's who love to come out and play from time to time.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 13:15:05 )
Welcome! I've only been here a little while after being invited by a friend. I must say I really like this place! The staff is very involved and approachable, and the community is very nice and laid back. It reminds me of how avatar sites used to make me feel many years ago, and that's a good thing. I hope this place continues to grow and improve.

[Quests][Store]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 13:16:20 )
@So What: Welcome to Voltra!

The Gaia app is actually fairly decent though very bare at the moment - more sleek and modern than the site itself aesthetically but a lot of key features are missing since it is pretty much an “early access” kind of thing.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here and see you around

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 17:40:54 )
@So What: Its all about the time of day you come on. Its quiet when in the middle the day for american time, but busier in the late afternoon/evening.

Just chillin'

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 18:37:03 )

Hello and welcome!

I too sort of wandered away from Gaia in search of something I could actually keep up with.
I feel like I've always preferred the smaller avi sites anyway, even so, I think this is the first one in four years that's managed to start to feel like a little home to me. So, I hope you enjoy it too!

Voltie — they or he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 19:24:14 )
welcome 2 voltra! i arrived a few months ago and i like it a lot, so i hope u have a good experience as well

tumblrTwitter

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 20:30:36 )
Aaaah, I'm so glad a lot of you joined in on the discussion! Warms my heart

@Glume: Thanks for the run-down, the concept is like on Solia, which I loved about that website initially. So I get the feeling I'll like Voltra just as much.
And thanks for the trade ;u;

@Kira: Yeah, I hope it continues to grow, as well. There aren't enough avatar communities, and they can be the best thing ever.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 22:41:49 )

@So What: hey there. We are a small site but certainly active.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 05:59:36 )
@So What: Not a problem! I went ahead and finalized that trade for ya. Sorry I was at work for like 8 hours. booo.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 07:26:24 )
@So What: A bit late to the party. I had/have (it's kinda lurking still)a killer migraine over the weekend, but HI! Hello!

I'm new, too, but come from the background of having been active on Menewsha & Ernya previously. Voltra is just like a small town, in forum style. It's active, but it's not popping either.

I'd say the peak hours are around 5~9PM CST. There's usually a different username posting around every 1~3 hours at all times of the day.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 11:14:44 )
@Totalanimefan: aaaah thank you so much!

@Glume: thanks again qwq what do you do url?

@fellowsheep: I feel ya. Fellow migraineur here //waves hope it's subsiding, tho

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 12:43:21 )
@So What: That it is. I think I'll be done with it today. Your avi is coming along nicely! :D It be everything I wish to be in rl.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 13:57:36 )

》::: ✿・`.*
Welcome!
Voltras the best site ive found. Ive been here for a long while and Its my home ~
Staff is great, art style is cute, events are fun and involving, and the storylines are amazing!
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.