Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Chat About Your Fav Childhood Cartoon Show

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 13:27:48 )
Just talk about how ya feel back then whenever you see your favorite cartoon on T.V ouo

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 13:35:36 )
Mine was, well a list of them is: Adventure Time, Regular Show, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Marvelous MisAdventure of Flapjack, and of course SpongeBob

They were my only escape way from the real world and just made me smile with pure joy when I was kid. Just makes me feel very grateful that I could watch television all day and made me the person I am today.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 15:24:29 )
I was all about Darkwing Duck when I was wee. Now I'm watching all the shows you listed. I'm old.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 17:06:40 )

O lord, let's see.
I was obsessed with sonic as a child so sonic underground was my jam! I also really liked the donkey kong country tv series. xD

I remember loving Gargoyles, Mummies Alive, Aah! Real Monsters, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Archie's Weird Mysteries, Scooby Doo.
I remember watching the original duck tales series on weekend mornings. 8,D
And also, Aladdin the animated series!

My grandparents would let me hog the tv on the weekends. xD

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 17:25:42 )
@Vermii Omg, I heard a lot of about those Cartoons. I love Scooby Doo for sure, even tho they make so much remakes of it. I still love Scooby Doo in General. I don’t know why, but back then I really loved the world war type of cartoons. I binged on it a lot cause of the history.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 17:38:06 )
Good q. I really enjoyed The Tick, Gargoyles, anime the CN showed back in early 2000s (Inyuyasha, Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura), Kim Possible, and a few others. I had a lot of favs as a kid.

They really inspired me to get into art, although that's mostly writing and roleplaying now a days. I also used 'em as inspiration for a lot of story lines, especially when Naruto got on the CN, and everyone started doing "RPCs" on youtube and the sorts.

Ghost Hunters, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and a few other paranormal esque shows helped me be entertained & feel normal for having weird, probably paranormal experiences!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 17:49:25 )

I loved ducktails and dark wing duck.

But I also loved shows like Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Jackie Chan Adventures, Animimacs, Static Shock and then even more anime when I was in middle and high school.

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 18:25:39 )
@Fellowsheep I am really into Paranormal Spirits recently, just gives me goosebumps. It’s a dream of mine to experience a spirit.

@Totalanimefan Sheesh, I should’ve put those on my list, but there is so many cartoons on my mind to think of right away to type it all. XD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 18:35:35 )
Courage the Cowardly Dog, Original Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd n Eddy, Dexters Laboratory are the first that come to mind when thinking of childhood favorites.

More modern ones I love are Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Clarence, Flapjack, Chowder, and Gravity Falls.

I'm missing a ton more I can't remember at the moment. There's so many good ones.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 19:19:04 )
@Pasu: It's a really fascinating topic, isn't it? I feel like it was so easy to have encounters as a kid, but as an adult, I feel it's tougher. Probably has some to do with my skepticism as I've learned how easily my mind can be influenced xD

Although, my fiance has gotten locked outta the bathroom twice. By something, and one time it was when he was prepping it for shower time.

@Dezorbo: Dexter's Lab! So good. I'm pretty biased with 2000s CN shows. I'm rather curious how many aged well haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 19:19:27 )

@Pasu: I know. It’s so hard to think about all of them. And some of them are when you were 5, some are when you were 10, and some were your favorite when you were 13. So it’s hard to think about all of the ages.

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 19:28:34 )
@Fellowsheep: Yeah, when I first heard paranormal spirits, it was from this t.v show. I think it’s called “The Haunted” I was like so into it, I was 13 at the time. So now 3 years later, 16 now. Still clinging on to it.

Also, I hope your fiancé is alright after the incident, but if I were in his shoes. I be like, “EEE, IT’S HAPPENING >u<“

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, for sure. But all of them cartoons are what they make us, well us to this day. If I didn’t have cartoons or even anime. I would probably be having a dull life.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 19:32:43 )

My all time favorite is a Dutch cartoon called Alfred J Kwak. I still like to watch it when it's on TV. But there are so many cartoons I loved. Starstreet, The Raccoons, Samurai Pizza Cats, Powerpuff Girls, The New Adventures Of Johnny Quest, Captain Planet, Dexter's Laboratory, Tom & Jerry (the old ones), Darkwing Duck, both Ghostbusters (Filmation's Ghostbusters & The Real Ghostbusters), Totally Spies.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 19:36:29 )

[ Hrm let's see. I rather enjoyed Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Spawn, Batman the Animated Series, Duck Tales, Gummi Bears, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Tail Spin, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and a whole bunch of others. ]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/22 00:25:37 )

@Pasu: for sure. Cartoons really shaped who I was as a kid. I would even wake up early to watch Pokémon or animimacs.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.