Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Fateful Intervention

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 07:53:14 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent watched her go, and sighed.

"...right." he said.

He then thought for a moment, and realized he needed to do a few things before he met up with her again, so he went to do so.

About 10 minutes later, Vincent walked into the dining room, where Madison still was. She'd opened the container and inside had been one of the most filling and tasty chicken ceasar salads she'd ever had.

"Hello once more." he greeted her.

"How was the salad?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 07:55:08 )

"Tasty." Madison answered.

"Definitely going to have to remember that place. Because dayum." She added

"Anyway, you said about the apartment downstairs, right?" She asked, getting to her feet, a soft smile on her face.

"And thank you, both for letting me stay here and for the food."

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 08:10:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I did." Vincent replied.

"However, I also said I wished to tend to some of your wounds." he told her.

"The bruises I can do nothing for, but you have some cuts and lacerations that need to be tended to, lest they get infected." he reasoned.

"So, before you go and see the apartment, please let me tend to those wounds." he continued.

"Oh, and incidentally, you're welcome on both regards." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 08:12:22 )

Madison nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Just direct me to where you want to do that." She said. After being told where to go, she headed off, following Vincent.

She sat down and sighed lightly, knowing this would sting a bit, and also knowing that he'd likely have a lot of questions... question she didn't really want to answer

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 08:29:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent had taken her to the den of his manor, where he readied some alcohol and swabs, and started to clean the cuts that she had. It did sting her a bit, but at least they were disinfected.

For the minor cuts, he put bandaids over them, but the slightly more severe ones he covered in a special medical glue, so they could heal properly, without the need of stitches.

"...that should do it." he said.

"Now... I have questions. Questions that I know you know what they are." he went on. "And I know that you don't want to answer them." he said further.

"So let's start with one that's more generic, shall we?" he suggested.

"Are your family members responsible for these injuries?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 09:44:16 )

Madison had winced a few times, but she didn't utter a peep. It was almost surprising, considering how much it stung anyone to have open wounds cleaned.

After all was said and done, and Vincent asked his question, she sighed.

"Inadvertently, yes." She answered.

"Mom didn't directly do it, nor did Dad." She continued.

"It was because of something they did though, so I would say it was inadvertent." She added before pausing, and sighing.

"For more clarification, I fell off the roof."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 21:30:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......I see." Vincent replied.

"I would like to hear a more complete story about how that came to be." he told her.

"However, if you do not wish to say anything more right now, I will not force you to." he then assured her.

"So you have a choice now." he said.

"Either give me a more complete explanation, or I can show you to the apartment." he offered her.

"Whatever you choose is all right with me." he then assured her with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 01:36:34 )

Madison was silent for a moment.

"Let's go then." She then said. "Because I am not interested in going into details about that for the moment. Just... no. Still a bit too bitter regarding it. Ask me later." She added.

"Let's head downstairs."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 02:02:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Vincent responded.

"I shall do so." he told her.

With that, the two of them headed down the stairs, where they reached a small landing with a closed door. Once there, Vincent opened the door, revealing a small corridor that branched out to the left and right.

"Feel free to explore it." Vincent told her.

"It's fully furnished, but there's not much personality in the decorating." he said.

"You have your own washing machine and clothes drier, as well as a dishwasher." he told her.

"The bathroom is stocked with the basics, so you can shower and brush your teeth and such." he went on.

"Oh, and the keys to the doors are in the kitchen, on the table." he went on. "One key for the door we came in through, and one for the slightly smaller door that leads outside." he continued.

"Ie: the fire escape door."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 02:04:07 )

Madison looked around before looking to Vincent.

"I..." She started, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to say.

"How can I ever repay you...?" She asked, her voice a bit on the emotional side.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 02:26:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed, and smiled.

"I could say something cliche here." he said. "Like, 'all I need from you is to try your best and succeed in life, and don't let anyone hold you back'." he told her.

"Which... to be fair, WOULD be enough for me." he admitted.

"However, if you insist upon a more... tangible... form of payment, I wouldn't say no to some occasional help around the place when it comes to cleaning and such." he then said further.

"...on another note, is there anything from where you were previously, brought here?" he asked her.

"All I need is your address and I can guarantee that I can get them here without anyone being the wiser."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 05:14:22 )

Madison just motioned to the bag she had at her feet.

"Nope. All I need is in there." She told him.

"Everything else, well it'll suck to lose - because my clothes and all - but I'm not going to be heartbroken. I have some money and can build up a wardrobe again, that's not a huge issue."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 05:31:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"If you say so." Vincent replied with a shrug.

"I'd be nothing for me to grab you some of your old clothing." he told her.

"But, if you still say no, let's broach that." he then said.

"When do you want to go do that shopping?" he asked her.

"I can help with that. Having a vehicle, and being able to cover any other costs, etc."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 05:33:47 )

"I'll go grab some tomorrow. I'm just not in the mood tonight, and it's getting to the point where places are closed anyway." Madison answered honestly, and simply.

"For now, I think I'm just going to get myself acquainted with down here." She then said before sighing. She knew she'd have to go through legal shit in order to properly separate from her parents, or at least she was sure she would have to.

She was also pretty sure that they wouldn't care, either. Which she realised was sad, but it was life.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 05:56:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, good thing it's a Friday." Vincent chuckled.

"But all right." he said.

"Feel free to get used to the layout and such." he told her.

"The kitchen isn't fully stocked, but it has some things in there if you get hungry." he went on.

"Guess there's not much left to say..." he then admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"I hope you find this place comfortable."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 06:12:45 )

"It's a mass improvement over my parents." Madison stated simply.

"Anyway, I'm going to get myself acquainted with this place." She said.

"I'll bug you if I need help or anything, hey?" She asked after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 06:29:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Vincent nodded.

"I'm usually in my study." he told her.

"Oh, and feel free to explore the manor, not just your apartment." he then said.

"I don't mind sharing a place." he chuckled.

"And if you like, I can give you a way to get to school on your own, so you don't need to arrive with me." he then suggested.

"You know rumours will start if you're constantly arriving with me in my vehicle." he added, rolling his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 06:34:01 )

"Figuring out a way to get to and from school would probably be a good idea." Madison agreed with a light sigh.

"Because I really don't want to deal with something like that, to be fair." She added.

"Beyond that, we got the weekend for it." She added.

"So it's not a huge thing."

"Anyway, beat it. I'll probably come bug you in the future at some point. For now, I'm going to check this place out and probably have a shower."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 06:52:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Vincent replied.

"Adieu." he told her.

He then left her apartment, closing the door behind him, and headed up the stairs, making his way to the den and sitting down in one of the couches.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"She'll need a key for the front door as well." he said.

"Going to have to get one cut tomorrow." he reasoned, before sighing again and looking out the window.

"...at least she's safe here." he then mumbled to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/24 07:00:51 )

Nothing of note happened for the next bit. Everything seemed to be all right, and it seemed Madison was acclimating to staying there rather easily.

And Vincent was able to see just how much she devoted to her studies - or at least history - as well.

When it came time for the final projects to be handed in, Madison had been late to class. She'd been held up by her teacher in the previous class, and as she walked by Vincent's desk at the head of the class, she set a binder down on it as the others were lined up and dropping them off one by one.

"Both are in there. Enjoy." She stated simply to Vincent, with a slight smirk, before heading off toward her desk to sit down. She knew he'd have questions later after reading what she wrote. There was plenty in there for him to question, especially considering what it was that had happened with that bug previously.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.