Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Fateful Intervention

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 02:16:18 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed as he turned the windshield wipers on... but it seemed to do little good.

He had short brown hair that looked slightly mussed, some stubble on his face that looked like a 5 o'clock shadow, and was dressed in semi-formal clothing... which meant a dress shirt and casual jeans, as well as clean sneakers. He had spent a late night at his workplace, a high school, grading papers, and it showed with how tired and weary his blue eyes were. He wasn't a teacher as his primary vocation, but he WAS a substitute teacher, and History was something he knew QUITE well.

However, because he stayed so late, a horrendous rainstorm had started up, which... coupled with how dark it was... made visibility quite low. He didn't have to take his car home, he had another mode of transportation, but... he knew there would be questions asked if he left his vehicle there.

"Darn it all." he muttered, as he sped up the wipers.

"This weather is-" he started to say, before his headlights (combined with the faint glow the streetlights were giving off), revealed what looked to be a human figure starting to collapse in the middle of the road.

"HOLY SH-" he exclaimed, as he released the gas and swerved out of the way, nearly slamming into a streetlight as he did so. Thankfully, it was merely a light tap.

However, he was not concerned with that at all right now. Instead, he grabbed a flashlight out of the glove compartment, immediately got out the vehicle, into the pouring rain, and ran towards where he swore he'd seen the figure.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 04:26:04 )

As he neared the figure, he noticed tha they were, as expected, completely soaked.

The roads were dead, thankfully. If only just because of the fact that it meant that someone else was unlikely to come and hit either of them.

As he got lower to their level, he was able to see with his light that it seemed to be a young female. He couldn't tell age, specifically, but she definitely looked to be no older than 15.

She didn't even seen to notice him though, and after a few seconds he noticed why.

Seemed she was unconscious. Possibly from whatever made her collapse in the first place, or due to smacking her head on the pavement beneath her.

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 04:58:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..............." the man was silent, before checking her over. He looked to see if she was bleeding anywhere, or if she was, if it was serious or not, and he checked her breathing.

He then sighed, and brought the girl back to his car, laying her down in the backseats.

"Poor thing." he said quietly.

He then got in the driver's seat, and started to drive off, much more slowly than before.

However, he deviated from his previous course, and made his way to the ER of the closest hospital. Once there, he told the nurses about the girl, and they immediately started to tend to her.

The man sighed once more, and sat down in some nearby seats, waiting to hear the verdict.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 05:22:52 )

He was waiting for a bit, about two hours, before someone approached.

"Hey, you the one that brought the girl in?" They asked him as they approached. After confirming, they introduced themselves as one of the medics that were tending to her, and gave him the basic info about her.

"She's all right, overall. A couple of broken ribs and a fracture clavicle, but she will survive. Do you know who she is?" They asked.

"Or her parents, who we can contact?"

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 06:25:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" the man was silent, and shook his head.

"I do not." he replied.

"She looked familiar to me, vaguely, but I cannot tell you why." he said.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot be of any help to you in that regard." he lamented.

"But thank heavens she is all right." he went on.

"I have no idea why she was wandering about in this storm."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 06:31:47 )

They just sighed.

"All right. Thank you." They said.

After getting the information for if they need to get ahold of him for whatever reason, he was told that there was no need for him to stick around. They'd get the information from her when she woke.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 07:15:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Thank you." he said.

"....but something tells me I should stay." he told them.

"I don't know why, but... I just want to see her all right with my own eyes, however long it takes." he said further.

"Guess I'm a sucker that way." he chuckled nervously.

"If that's all right."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 07:17:29 )

They just shrugged.

"Chances are she's going to be asleep for the night." They told him simply.

"You might as well head home and we can update you when she wakes." They continued.

"If you want to stay in the waiting room all night, that's entirely your choice."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 07:39:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man then sighed when he heard that.

"...you're right." he said.

"Besides, I cannot put my job on hold because of this. I have a responsibility." he admitted, standing up.

"Thank you once more." he told them.

"And yes, please let me know when there are any updates." he finished.

"Take care." he finished, giving them a small smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 07:49:56 )

"I will make sure that someone calls you if I can't do it myself. Thank you for bringing her in." They said with a soft smile.

He then left, and he was called the next day with some information. He didnt' get a name, as they were still maintaining some anonimity for her. He was told that there was family for her to return with and that someone did come pick her up. All in all things seemed to be going pretty well for the girl.

He pretty much forgot about her for the next few months. At least until the next semester started at the highschool he was a sub in.

He took initial role call and noticed that one name didn't have a 'here' call to it. They weren't there. Whomever it was, wasn't there, and some of the other kids were starting to whisper.

"She's not here again."

"Good, The IQ and sanity increased in this room without her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 08:13:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man narrowed his eyes when he heard the whispers.

"A-HEM!" he cleared his throat loudly.

"Any comments can be kept to yourselves, thank you very much." he said.

"Let's all try to maintain some civility in the classroom, please." he went on, scanning the room, making sure that everyone was behaving.

He then looked at the list again.

'....Madison Kiczys...' he thought to himself, as he continued the roll call.

When he finished, he told them to break into their groups for their projects, but he kept his ears open, knowing the kids would still talk about the one that was missing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 08:18:46 )

There were plenty more whispers regarding the girl that wasn't there, but he didn't draw attention to it. If anything, he was trying to get an idea for who she was, and it wasn't painting the best image, either.

About halfway through the period, she stepped in, apologised and asked if she was going to be sent to the office for this, or if she was welcome to take her seat. It was the first day of the semester after all, so it wasn't such an issue.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 08:30:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man looked at the student, and his eyes widened suddenly.

'It's... it's her.' he thought, remembering her from that stormy night.

"Take your seat." he told her.

"Today is a free period to plan out your major project for the year." he said.

"So feel free to plan it however you wish." he assured her further.

"...." he was silent once more, realizing she still did NOT look good.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 09:32:19 )

She nodded, thanked him, before heading to the one free seat in the room. As she sat down, she heard the whispers, and just sighed. She knew they wouldn't leave her alone - ever. She knew that there was a very high chance that she'd be followed with shit like that for the entirety of her life - or at least the entirety of her high school life.

Thankfully, not many people really caused any problems. Actually, it'd be accurate to say that no one caused shit to start that day, but it wasn't hard to tell that the dislike for the gilr was there.

It was almost palpable, even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 21:46:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" the man was silent as he felt the dislike in the air.

'Hm...' he thought, as he prepared worksheets and such for later in the week.

'Something about her is different...' he thought further. 'I feel a strong presence emanating from her...' he went on, before scanning the room again.

He wondered what all the snide comments meant.

From what he gathered, they thought she was insane, or some sort of developmentally challenged. But what in specific did they mean by that?

And was it true?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 04:06:26 )

He kept as good an eye on the girl as he could. Overtime, he learned a few things. One of which being that she was often at school longer than she needed to be. Her lunch was often being eaten while helping one of the teachers clean up their class ro something (usually where the art classes were, as they got quite messy sometimes what with all the paint and such.)

He wasn't able ot get any straight answers from her, but at the same time hadn't truly needed to. He'd been able to see the verbal abuse from the other students, and that most of the other teachers there downplayed her intelligence as well. The reasoning was something tha twas completely unidentifiable though.

As she came in on the Friday before March Break - an unusually cold week - he felt something coming from her as she walked past him. As she took her seat, there was an echo of something, something familiar to him, emanating from her.

But he couldn't see anything in specific.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 04:33:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He looked around, and saw that she looked like she was in poor shape.

She did NOT have the clothing for this kind of weather.

He also couldn't shake the feeling that he had about her. He couldn't tell what it was. He just couldn't. But he couldn't just leave it be, either.

He narrowed his eyes for a moment, and then sighed.

"Miss Kiczys." he addressed her.

"May I speak with you after class?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 04:48:53 )

MAdison was silent before meeting his gaze.

"Of course." She answered with a soft nod.

After the class, the kids left the room and Madison approached his desk.

"You wished to speak?" She asked.

"What's up? I've got Math with Mr. Williams next and he's not the nicest for tardiness." She paused a moment.

"Unless you gave me a note or something if I'm gonna be notably late, I suppose."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 05:08:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....that is true." he replied.

"What I have to say may take a while." he went on.

"If you would prefer, I can see you AFTER school." he offered.

"That way you don't have to worry about being late." he continued.

"Because I know Williams is VERY stringent about that, and even with a note or slip, he may still punish you." he then said further.

"I won't keep you right now, but please see me her after school."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 05:10:29 )

Madison just nodded.

"Of course. Here, I assume?" She asked. He nodded and assured her that he would be in that class after school, and that it'd be the best place for her to find him. Once all that was ironed out, she took off, heading toward her next class and leaving him alone to plan for his next.

Hours later, she approached the door, looking worse than earlier, but not too horribly at the same time, and knocked as it was closed.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.