Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Long day, but...

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 04:32:58 )
So I got home not too long ago from a 10 hours serving shift. I'm not going to complain, even though I have complaints! x3

The tips were great, so my hard work payed off I suppose!
The day wasn't horrible, all my customers were understanding and even more so, very generous and kind.

Now I'm home and what do I do?
Head straight to my computer for Voltra - Yes, the tasks I'm doing right now are "work" but I just want to say THANK YOU to the community and staff for making it all worth it.

I love how much our community and the site has grown since we launched a year and a few months ago.

So, as I sit here with an achy body, I'm just grateful that I get to come home and have the initiative to work more on something that I value, love, and appreciate so much in my life.

To continue the discussion,
What are your passions? What keeps you going? What are you grateful for?
Who else has a demanding job that they like/dislike (the serving gig of mine, not Voltra, I swear!) ?

Voltie — Mystic Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 04:44:47 )
I love doing a lot of art related things, although I’ve realized to some degree that I don’t want to make them “work”. I’ve mostly been a sever, like you, and I totally understand the feeling of those long shifts.

After five years of serving, I’m actually working at subway now. It’s funny because the job title is “Sandwich Artist” so I guess art did end up in my work ahaha.

I just stay mindful at work and try to make fun however possible, and I also love to challenge myself to see how masterful I can be at each task. It keeps things interesting and helps me take pride in my job.

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 04:51:05 )
@nature: Now I want Subway!

I've only been serving since this past September and I don't know how I feel about it yet. I'm really good at customer service and dealing with people. I was an RA in college and had to keep my cool and mediate some serious situations. haha It's crazy how cranky people can get just about food, btw.

It's great that you've found a way to make the process of creating a sandwich an artistic process - I go to subway a few times a month for lunch and the workers there don't seem to have much passion. lol Reminds me of my days at Dunkin Donuts. I LOVE COFFEE, so it wasn't too horrible mixing my job and passions to serve others.

I have a similar look on working, just have fun when possible. I'll joke with my co-workers or even make a mockery of myself when I just have a brainfart and look dumb in front of a table. haha
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 04:55:13 )
Kai says...

considering ive only been on here for like 2 days, its already a website i visit regularly and love a lot~
personally i really like art, im not good enough to be able to make being an artist my job, but i like being able to draw how i feel if that makes sense
i also REALLY love sims 4 and finding cool cc to make my sims extra spicy heheh

Thank you for listening!

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 10:29:38 )

@Fozzy: dude, have you heard of this new thing called sleeping and relaxing? You should try it some day, instead of doing more work after a long day work.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 11:42:12 )

My passions are designing and photography. I did not like my previous work. But I was happy I atleast had a job. My coworkers made the work tolerable.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 14:23:28 )
Well, art is a great passion of mine, whether it's art or literature. Currently taking some writing classes and we're halfway through! Even though we're not done, it's been a heck of a journey! I don't really know what keeps me going besides trying to just get through another day. Maybe all the art I like to do? I'm just grateful for everything, really. Family, friends(offline and online), just all these amazing people that surround me! As for job gripes, my only complaint would be how infrequent the assignments are. I'm pretty much a freelancer for the company my dad works at. They handle coding and such for ATMs, while my job is designing screens for corporations they do services for. It can get repetitive at times, but eh, it pays well when I do get work.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 22:35:47 )

My passion would have to be between art and gaming. I love experimenting with new idea when it comes to art. Helps me express myself and I also find it to be very therapeutic. As for gaming, I grew up a gamer thanks to my dad. I also got into art from gaming and I always admired game art whether it be concepts or gorgeous graphics. I'm planning to get back into PC gaming this year as a graduation present to myself for holding off for a while lol. I'm probably gonna attempt streaming for a bit and see where that takes off ^^.
Now for my job, I wouldn't say I dislike it because I absolutely love the staff I work with but as a front of house worker for a restaurant serving people can be pretty exhausting sometimes .

As mentioned above in the other comments, I also love voltra and how nicely the community is growing! Its so weird to think that I've been here for a year now, time really flies~

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 23:24:27 )
My passion is raising my son, backing up family pictures and ancestry stuff. I also love playing video games and cooking... oh and long walks on the beach(lol).

I used to have a job I loved but due to medical reasons I had to quit, but hopefully I will get a new job here soon.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 23:52:52 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

My passion is art. I love to make art. What keeps me going is all of the ideas I have not to mention
seeing everyone else's art journey.

Wanting to get better to create the things I want
keeps me wanting to get better and grow into an even better artist.

I am grateful for honestly being on this whole art journey. It has been extremely rough at times, but there have been moments
where I tried my absolute best and I love that feeling of learning something and figuring it out.

I do not yet have a demanding job or job in general, but I am sure that day will be soon coming. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/15 20:26:01 )

What a wholesome thread I love it. Your hard work really shines through.
I’m passionate about housing and city/urban planning.
I’m tired of people treating the homeless and poor like they aren’t human. I want there to be rec centers and places for them to go. I want society to be car free or at least not as car dependent. It’s killing us and the environment!
Anyway, I won’t bore you with the other details but yeah. It’s a recent passion but a passion none the less.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.