Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Almost fainted at work.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 22:05:48 )

Long story story a young guy working at my company was helping another shorter coworker get something up high.

When he was doing it he super cut two of his fingers wide open. I went to help him since blood doesn’t bother me and I see blood all over. It’s really bad. Then everyone starts talking about how he needs to go to the hospital and get shots and stitches. Now I do have a huge phobia of needles. And I go to my desk and I start feeling light headed. I start shaking and I enter tunnel vision. My breathing gets fast and I’m sweating a lot.

I rest my head in my hoodie on my desk. I try to google how to help myself but I feel too faint. Then I do look it up and it says I need to lay or sit down, good, I’m doing that. And it says I need to raise my blood pressure, a stress ball works well. I don’t have that so I start grabbing my jacket with two hands like it’s a stress ball.

I’m feeling better now although it’s like my body can still remember what it felt like to be in that state of shock. This is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. And I worry that my fear of needles has now spilled over into blood? Maybe it’s because someone else was bleeding? Maybe I am just too empathetic and when my body thought about it happening to me it freaked out?

TL;DR some guy at work cut his fingers open bad, coworkers kinda freaked out, I freaked out and had a panic attack/fainting spell.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 22:55:20 )
    I feel for you. I get panic attacks like this on the regular and they are horrible, absolutely the worst. There isn't much I can say other than I hope you feel better soon xx

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 23:20:05 )

@sunny: thank you. It’s been about 2 hours and I feel much better. I also emailed my therapist about it too.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 23:30:54 )
I've felt faint before when I bled a little too much from a scratch and didn't expect it at all. maybe it was just the unexpected part that did it for you?

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 23:42:17 )

@Shark: yeah maybe that was it. I heard that it was bleeding but I didn’t know it was that bad. It was bad. The blood was pooling in the sink, even with the water running.
Maybe it was the way he was pushing down on his fingers to clean off the blood. I just thought about that and I feel a little off. That must be it.
Because I have fainted from a finger prick before. Yeah I’m no good with needles and that must have reminded me.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 05:37:40 )
Finger cuts that are more than just surface scratches tend to bleed a lot more and a lot longer than you'd think. Its also pretty nerve-wracking to watch someone else go through that much shock and pain even for non-empaths. ALSO, you were the only one with the presence of mind to handle the situation. Probably your resolve saved up all the un-helpful feels and dumped them on you when things were done being taken care of. By you, you Boss.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 08:40:44 )

@Glume: thanks. I feel like you always know exactly what to say. You always speak the truth.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.