Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A skunk came out of nowhere and went straight for me

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 02:07:01 )
Ok so I'm chilling in my backyard right? Playing fetch with the dog, enjoying the nice weather, etc etc.

Then a fucking SKUNK ran into my yard. Came in through the neighbor's shitty fence and scurried across the far side of the yard. I panicked. I've never seen a skunk irl before and I was terrified. I snatched the dog up and ran inside, but by then it turned towards me and started crawling my way like the disgusting, smelly, rabies-ridden rat it was. (idk if it had rabies but I hate all wild animals)

I made it inside in time anyway, but it was like 4 feet away. I screamed for my husband. He was laughing hysterically at me and the dog was confused and I was completely freaking out.

We stayed to watch it through the window until it left. I couldn't take the dog outside again until the husband went out to check and see if it was gone.

It got close enough as I was running inside that the room smelled vaguely of skunk for a couple of hours. Gross.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 06:21:30 )
Ewwwwwww! I'm glad you survived the whole ordeal without getting stinky!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 11:42:05 )
Oh man, you lucked out not getting skunk'd by that skunk! Skunks just being skunks are pretty unpleasant, but once they release that stank its a whole new level of hell. My dog got sprayed while we were house sitting once. I smelled something foul in the air from a block away, but as we got to the house my husband and I both thought chemical spill or natural disaster or just SOMETHING CATASTROPHIC. When we found out the smell was coming off of our beloved son, The Dog, we even thought a person must have been responsible for this horrible deed. Skunk was the last thing on our minds, it was so foul. It took us all night and a lot of science to get the smell past eye-searingly-deadly, and it stuck around on him faintly for nearly a year. Our car even smelled like skunk whenever it got hot out, and we were not even around at the time of the incident. All 'cuz my wee child wanted to befriend a stripey cat.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.