Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Deadly Women

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 20:06:37 )

So anyone else excited for the new season? Favorite episode/killer? Am I the only one watching this show? All kinds of fun questions. I have to say I love how many times a woman is called a sociopath and Candece DeLong's overly dramatic way she says greed.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 08:17:35 )
I didn't know there was a new season! :vanora_shock:
Candece is such a gem on that show! XD And it's usually Candece who declares them sociopaths or cold hearted killers.

I can't remember the episode(s) now, but I remember there was one or maybe a couple where Candece wasn't in it until half-way through or something and I was immediately worried the show had replaced her or something. I don't think the show would be the same without her.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 08:26:42 )
@urbeth: I'm glad there's a new season, was scared it had been canceled.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 08:45:06 )
I was scared of that too! I watch it on Hulu, but I haven't been on it as much lately since most of the shows I watch are network shows that air in the fall/spring.

What stories are your favorites as far as era? I think the older ones are occasionally interesting but it usually just ends up being arsenic poisoning for insurance money or something. Some of the stories have had me in tears, especially when there are kids hurt. T_T

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 08:55:34 )
Actually I really like the old--timey historical ones. Especially the ones about Jane Toppin or the Papin sisters. My least favorite though is whenever there's goths, Candece Delong has a bad habit as painting all goths as killers and sociopaths.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:05:27 )
I agree with you on the goths! Type casting a pretty common group is frustrating. I am sure I would have been classified as a goth at one point. >.>

I always have a search tab open when I am watching the shows because I often google the killers while I watch. I meant to say I like the historical ones, I prefer the ones that are a little more creative. (-_- ;;;; ) It sounds terrible. I prefer the ones that don't rely on arsenic as much or do it for the money. I realize after the fact I probably didn't say it quite the right way.

I am probably getting tired. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:11:52 )
Lol it's cool, I do research on some of the killers too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 08:32:09 )
i think it's my favorite show on ID. the stories aren't necessarily unique to the show but i like the music and the narrator for some reason. my favorite stories are probably the ones that feature female serial killers. they're pretty twisted, sometimes i think moreso than the male serial killers.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 12:06:39 )
@toxxic: Did you watch Dark Angel? The mini series about Mary-Ann Cotton, the 'first' female serial killer in Britain.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 13:24:48 )
@Another Movie Addict: i did not! but i think i have heard of her

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 13:58:51 )
@toxxic: It's a great mini series, you get into the mind of the killer and it's beautifully acted. Sadly Deadly Women hasn't done an episode with her, or a few of the more interesting historical serial killers. But hopefully they stay around to get to those ladies.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 08:03:30 )
there are so many different series' on ID that it's hard to keep track of who does what lol. i haven't seen deadly women on in a bit though. they keep bringing out new shows

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 11:54:04 )
Deadly Women recently got a few new episodes, not sure how many though.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.