Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Festival 2019 Event freebies + items

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/6 02:29:37 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@yandere: I was just looking in your "Soulbound" folder (is that like a story you're writing or just some concept) and I have to say....

Ero, Evan, and IIario are all FREAKING HOT!!!! Lol... (even if Evan has already met his soulmate.)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/6 03:20:36 )
@lithinel: Ahhh. I wasn't a fan of it at all at first because I just figured I could make OCs on my own? But there's so many designs out there that I couldn't think of on my own???
Yeah, I'm not really sure how adoptables work with writing or comics or something?? I dunno. I tend to stay away from them too.

That's a smart idea. o: I can't really make avatars at all, so I stick with art. There's more of a choice with art on there too, so it's nice. uvu //
You're setting up a writing shop? O: That would be awesome! Especially with the toyhouse section having writing pieces now. I wish I was good at writing sometimes. oof.

Yeah, of course! * A* !!
Hahaha. I definitely have my favorites- or at least waves of favoritism with certain ones. I kinda neglect old ones only because I'm not as connected with them? But also don't want to get rid of them because I still love them??

It really would be cool. I'd have to reason to save up volts and whatnot.
Ahhh. It was a story that I read somewhere and I really liked... so I pushed some of my characters into there. I love romance/cheesy love stories so I just branched off from there. orz.

AHHH RIGHT. Ero is the only one I made on my own BUT I WAS LUCKY TO GRAB THE OTHER TWO. WHEEZE.
Evan's story is sorta cute thoughhhh. ;;;;; Hibi & Evan are like my OTP

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/6 03:51:32 )
@yandere: Oh yeah, there are defintely a lot of interesting designs out there and what not. Definitely ones I couldn't think of either. Haha. But like I said... I'm not sure of the legality of it and all of that when it comes to using them in writing. Like is it up to the original artist maybe? I don't know? Lol.

I guess in worst case scenario, if I see a design I really like and want to write about, I could use them in fanfiction? Since it's not like it would be getting published or anything anyway. -Shrugs- Actually, my LotR OCs (who I created myself) is one of my favorite characters in general that I have. Haha. She's just so sweet and adorable! (and very. very, VERY awkward.)

And thanks. Haha. Well I can't draw or paint...or do anything artistic at all. Or well, nothing that's even remotely decent at least. So I kinda have to find other ways of making currency. So I actually afford the art I only WISH I could make. And oh yeah, there is defintely a wider selection there and all of that. But sadly...I can't afford most of it, or I would go completely broke after only a few pieces. I'm broke as heck there, lol. I actually found your shop there (and here as well) but on Gaia, for the type of cheeb I'd want...I'd be like completely broke after one piece. And here, for that same piece...I can't even afford it. Lol. And RLC is sadly out of the question. Your art is super awesome though! And adorable! So even if I can't buy any, (or I think it's what you call your Squishies, which is what I actually would love,) it's totally worth it!

Well, I'm hoping to set up a writing shop someday anyway. All of my samples are out of date though, so I need some new samples before I can even consider it. But...I'm hoping to. I'm really hoping to set up a writing shop.

That's totally understandable though. I actually have one OC whose story has been changed 3 or 4 times I think it is now. Like she's been ripped out and transplanted into three different story ideas now, none of which have stuck yet and I considered giving up on her. But....I love her too much to just let her rot, you know. And I KNOW she belongs somewhere...I just don't know where yet. Same with my newest OC. (Who my avi is currently cosplaying) I don't have a story for her YET...but I know she belongs somewhere. My sweet Boho demon. <3 Lol. So yeah, I totally get the feeling.

Ah! I see. I love cheesy/sappy romantic love stories too. I mean I mainly write fantasy/paranormal/supernatural romance...but regular romance is good too. (Especially the cheesy stuff) and my stories ALWAYS have romance...like I can't NOT have it. And I rarely read anything that doesn't have some sort of romance in the plot either. Lol. I'm such a romantic at heart, despite never having experienced it in real life.

I read what you wrote about Evan's story and it is freaking adorable! Hibi and him are super cute together though I must admit. I'm in love with one of my original couple's story too honestly. Every time I talk about their story it just makes me squee and I get so excited. Haha. All three of those characters are awesome though. Regardless if only one of them was actually created by you.

And well..even though Ero has a crush on someone...he's TECHNICALLY still single/doesn't know his soulmate, right? ;)

Lol...Sorry. I had to. He's just so hot.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/6 03:53:42 )
@yandere: Oh geez. That's a super long reply. Sorry about that....I get a little carried away talking about my characters sometimes. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/6 19:53:00 )
@lithinel: There really is! * A* !! I wouldn't take any chances, especially if there's a portion where you could make money off of it. I think that's where a lot of people sort of draw the line. ;;;
Yeah! I think it's really okay as long as you're not making a profit off from it? I feel like people tend to get mad past that tbh. ;;;
Awwwh. I like awkward characters! It's tough for me to write with them, especially if they don't like talking, but I suppose that's a really good chance to delve more into the character itself? Like their mannerisms? Writing definitely isn't my forte, so I tend to struggle on the smallest of things.

I mean, I don't really consider my art high quality or anything either. I enjoy painting, but I can only do it when looking at a reference picture. All I can really draw are chibis. Kinda a useless art, if you ask me. I mean, I don't think that way about others' art. I suppose I'm just overcritical about my own? Ha.
omg i have a stalker. g a s p. Ack, I'm sorry! I really just don't have a lot of time, so I've sort of jacked up the prices. Still somewhat going through an art block too, so that doesn't help when wanting to draw.
Ahhh. Thank you! I really appreciate it. Squishies has only been a recent art style for me... but I suppose since a lot of people like it, I've sorta morphed into my only style. orz.

You can do it!!!! Start with a writing piece for yourself, okay!? Then send me a link to your shop so I can ask for stuff. > >;; Especially if you're into the whole "soulbound" story. I'm really not going to go too into the story- just like the idea, so I'd love to have written pieces.

Exactly! I had a bunch of these characters originally in a superpower type story before, but it didn't seem to fit them. orz.
Gosh, yeah. Once you have an attachment to a character, you can't let them go. Ahhhh.
Ooooh, I like your avatar though! * A* It's really cool! Boho demon. Bahaha, I love it.

RIGHT. I always binge watch all the romance animes. They make me weak. ;;;
I like a lot of superpower type things too. Like, I got really into No Hero Academia! I feel like you sorta need some type of romance in anything. Doesn't need to be like kissing/falling in love or confirmed couples or anything, but I definitely agree!
I mean, I'm married but, I still fall for the cheesy stuff all the time. Even if it's something simple like he bought me coffee for the car ride home or something. It's the small things. ;;;;

Haaa. It's a giant mess, but they were meant for each other. AHhhhh. I ended up getting him from someone and put the two of them together right away. I love them so much. fadksjfajdsfasd.
RIGHT. It's almost like a proud mom moment. xD Even though I'm not a mom but- it feels like that! Hahahaha. I could also just be crazy too but pffff. That's what I think it feels like.
Gaah, thank you! I only bought the designs though, so the personalities is all me. I don't think I changed Illario's or Evan's name, but I feel like it fits them.

XD Yes, he is still technically single! I haven't exactly figured out who his soulmate is... or a lot of them really though. I also kinda want to make them a little older too, but I dunno. I'm so much older, so it's weird writing about teenagers. ;;

Bahaha, no it's okay! I get really animated about characters too!

TH || dA ||webtoon

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/7 03:15:28 )
@yandere: Yeah, I think it's probably best to just stay on the safer side of things and just not use any adopted characters for profit. So if I ever come across one I just can't resist, I'll stick to making them a fandom OC and only using them for fanfiction purposes. Rather be safe than sorry, right?

And ahaha, well if I'm being completely honest, she is based off of me, (even though she wasn't an intentional self-insert. She just kinda ended up that way, lol) and I'm SUPER awkward in real life. So the whole writing an awkward character comes naturally to me.

I think everyone is their own worst critic to be honest. I mean a lot of people have told me that I'm a really good writer, but sometimes I think it's total shite, you know? (I'm not even British but yes, I break out into British slang randomly at times. Lol.) And aww, I think your chibis are adorable. Plus, it's more than I can do art-wise so there's that.

Oh no, no. No need to apologize for jacking up prices and what not. You gotta do what you gotta do, especially if you don't have as much time on your hands.

And aww, than you so much! I'm glad you're interested in my writing (even though you haven't read any yet.) But I'd be happy to write you some pieces for the Soulbound universe (and possibly others once I look at more of your characters) once everything is up and running.

It isn't always easy to find the right universe for your characters. I mean one of m existing ones is already proof of that. So I think we can both agree on that. And then of course, there are some characters like my LotR OC who I have literally dozens of ideas and AUs for. xD So I guess it depends on the character(s) themselves. And ahh, thank you so much! I was a little iffy about her color scheme and all that at first if I'm being honest, but I'm starting to fall in love with it, just like I'm falling in love with her. Not like in the I'd totally date her sense like SOME of my characters, but like...I can't let her go at this point. But oh yeah, I have a crush on some of my own characters. Lol. Like I made them so hot and now I just can't ahdbjhgjgyad.

Oh yeah. Any kind of romance is good honestly. Like no matter how subtle. The only exception I have is the whole like 50 Shades of Gray type of stuff. I'm not into the BDSM romance and all that. Lol. And aww! Your hubby sounds great and I'm like totally shipping you guys.

And no! I totally understand the whole mom thing. Your characters are totally like your children. It's the same for me. And I think that's why I feel so bad for having to hurt them in stories sometimes. Because I feel so motherly towards them.

I'll take him then! He can be my soulmate. xD Lol, sorry I couldn't help it. He's just such a hottie! But no, I totally get that too. It can be hard to write characters who are so much older/younger than you at times. In my case, I'm only a few years out of my teenage years. (I'll be 22 in July) so writing for teenagers/young adults is easier for me than older characters. I say you have to do what you have to do with their ages though. Whatever works best.

And thanks for understanding. Haha. It's kinda hard not to get excited.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.