Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Depression & Anxiety

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 21:58:46 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

So, I don't really have anywhere to talk about this.

I am suffering from some pretty serious depression and anxiety right now. I live with a mother who suffers from the same, and is on a ton of meds because of it. I know the symptoms, both in myself and in others. I know it's not good.

I don't really eat. I barely sleep. I can't seem to get through a full day at work without breaking down crying. I'm drinking too much. Nothing interests me, nothing helps. My best coping mechanisms are now useless, and I just can't help but wonder if it's even worth fighting anymore.

I'm exhausted, both mentally and physically, and more and more I find myself wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just end it all.

Sure, some people would be sad for a while, but then they would get over it, move on with their lives. And I would finally NOT be in pain, NOT be exhausted, NOT have to fight just to make it through another day.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Donator — Goddess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 12:01:57 )
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

@Mellonin:

I completely understand what you're going through atm
Life just seems like too much yet it's offering nothing at all right?
I know the idea of finding some escape from all this sounds tempting but that's not the best option for you
There are other ways to gradually pick yourself up out of a depressive rut
If you're put off with all the medications your mom has to take, that doesn't have to be the route for you
There's therapy (and, if that seems like too much at the moment, start smaller and talk to someone you know)
Try making a schedule for eating and sleeping and then keeping that schedule
You can work your way up to positive things becoming habits so it'll get easier with time
I don't know what's happening in your life but if you ever need to talk to someone I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would be willing to take your mind off of the negatives
And if you ever wanna have a conversation from one sad depressed person to another just hmu

.・。.・゜✫・.・✭・゜・。.
come check out my shop

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 20:20:42 )

So, I think I might have a solution ... at least for a bt.

My father has invited me to travel the county with him in a brand new RV. He arrives in a month, and we will be driving back to California if his current RV hasn't sold, If it has sold, we will be buying a larger RV here in Maine - where I live. Either way, I will be out of my current situation by the beginning of August, and on my way to a completely different life.

One with travel, away from a job I hate. Away from low income housing, an over medicated mother, etc.

I've begun selling / giving away a lot of my things - the little knick-knacks or clothes I don't normally wear, and packing up a lot of my other stuff. I won't be able to bring a lot on the RV - limited space - so I need to pick and choose carefully.

Still, at least for now, I actually have some hope. Which is something I haven't had in a long time.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 20:43:13 )

@Mellonin: I am happy for you that things are looking up! Whenever you are having down times just remember its not forever. Everything comes to an end, both good times and bad. I wish you the best of luck with your new life and hope it just keeps going up from here on out.

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 20:47:33 )

@Saeyra: There's more to this than just good times vs bad times. I actually have a very good life - steady job, boyfriend, steady housing, mother who loves me, etc. It's more complicated than that.

But I am definitely looking forward to the trip. I've never been good at settling down and staying in one place, and I've been here for close to 3 years now, just traveling maybe half an hour away from my house. And I'm used to traveling a whole lot more than that. Not to mention living in the country has never been for me - and you don't get much more country than small towns in Maine!

Mellonin's Ramblings

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.