Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Does anyone Bullet Journal

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 14:07:51 )
ay

it's ya girl cc

i need help organizing my life and that seems like a good idea right?
i got on here the other day about making lists and stuff, but i think a full on bullet journal could be pretty gucci, be a good way to wake up in the morning and do some stuff

problem: i dont got a creative bone in my body (unless it's RPing which is just not conducive to this prob)

I dont really know how to make all the pretty layouts and decide how to do daily stuff, yanno?

if you do all that noise, please tell me about your experience and where you get your ideas for it and plz help ya girl figure out how to do this. i'm gonna get some different journals in the morning (completely blank, gridded, etc) and try to find some colored pens. i think i got the sticker situation on lock if u kno what i mean, and maybe i should get a ruler?

if you have any suggestions, plz lemme know

also my handwriting is trash....

do you think in like 40 years anyone will even need handwriting?
i'm a rascally rabbit
rap game bugs bunny

horsey facey

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 16:03:06 )

I try to bullet journal so hard. I have bought way too many notebooks with the intention of making them my bullet journal and telling myself I will stick to them!!!
But then a week later I drop it. The reason I feel I mainly drop it is I feel stressed to make it pretty. If it doesn’t look like the Instagram photos, I just don’t want to keep using it.
So while Instagram is the best source of inspiration, they have millions of people who have accounts dedicated to bullet journaling.
My biggest advice is to try and let go of the idea that it needs to be pretty. The original creator of the bulletin journal didn’t do any drawings or doodles or fancy art.
here is a good article written by the original creators.
But. While I say don’t feel pressure to make it pretty, the joy of a bullet journal is that it can be anything you need. Want to make it pretty, stickers, washi tape, colorful pens, those are great starting points!
There are stencils online too, to help you draw banners and things here is a cute shop
Also there are a million yourubers who do plan with me videos that can be a great source of inspiration!

Consider clicking my babies!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 18:14:18 )
I got into it for a while and dropped it as well. I want to pick it back up again, but I'm stuck in a loop of not journaling because my life is too busy and being too busy because I have not properly organized my life into something journalesque.

ANYWAY. I used youtube and various google searches to play with layout inspiration, and I MADE my first journal with removable pages so that if I hated something I could just take the page out and put another one in. One of the favorite ideas I had but did not play with yet was collage for layouts. I was going to cut and paste large background images I ganked from magazines or comics on each page, and cut out smaller shapes in white card stock to write and draw on. Crafty and creative without always having to be "on" to do it, and you only have to measure something once and make a master-copy to trace and cut from.

For my mood tracker, I found some medical charts with each section of the body numbered (I had a brain and eyeball) and colored in the chart for each corresponding day of the month <3 You could easily use a coloring book image with your own numbers filled in as well.

It might also be worth noting that I can not write super pretty unless I take hours, so I just wrote in all caps to keep it neat and tidy.

There are also templates you can print or even stencil-layouts available for purchase out there <3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 18:51:53 )
》::: ✿・`.*
I want to get into doing it but im just laZY. I havent even bought a journal yet lol. I would prob really enjoy decorating it and setting it up but I feel like id never use it after that lmao.
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 21:10:19 )

OMG yes I love bullet journaling. I haven't dome it in a while, just because I have not had time, but my close friend is an avid journaler and is amazing. Sje gets a lot of her ideas from Pinterest and I have as well. If you check her out on instagram (sketch._.brooke) you can see some of her layouts. She has a simple way that anyone can do, and then she embellishes it in different little ways usually, but that backbone is always there. She includes a water tracker and mood tracker in the weekly pages and has monthly goals and habit trackers, which is really cool if you're trying to monitor things like anxiety and depression, etc.

I highly recommend doing it, definitely get a ruler as well. She also taught herself calligraphy with brush pens haha. I can't quite do it well yet but i bought myself a small set to get going. But you dont need to to journal, though it can be fun! Ill try to post some of my stuff later, i can kind of give a quick rundown as to an easy way to set it up but its the same as my friend does that I linked her username above lol. Anyway its super relaxing to do and keeps you really organized!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 22:55:52 )
I was gifted a gorgeous bullet journal by a good friend and I am still researching how to use it. Total newbie atm

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 02:54:45 )

@sirlionelnigelconrad: I see where youre coming from, but there is a routine in setting it up! It's more than to plan, i mean partially yes, but for people who feel overwhelmed a lot its incredibly helpful to compartmentalize and really sort of figure out what needs to be done when, which helps the doing of it as well i think. Well for some people lol. I LOVE lists haha. I have this app on Facebook messenger that reminds me what my short and long term goals are but anyway the act of journaling itself is cathartic :3

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 08:47:45 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I keep lists because I have a pretty crap memory. I never used to do it until I got married and other people started relying on me to get things done for them. Its been helpful for keeping track of the little things like recipes, commissions, errands, shopping lists, inventory, finances, budgets, bills, etc. For the last 4 I use spreadsheets but for the first 4 I carry around a small notebook. I have found it preferable to the easily misplaced post-it-note. I like the fact I can flip back to find when I did things because days kinda just merge into each other in my memories the farther back they go.

All in all its a helpful tool when you are trying to adult and seem like you have your shit together. I've been made fun of for writing down stuff especially by older folk but hey they have been at this way longer than I have. Maybe I won't need it like 40 years from now, but right now I do.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Goddess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 09:59:01 )
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I haven't actually attempted journaling yet but my friend did buy me a really cute simple one that I plan to use. It has those dotted pages so not truly grids but not completely blank and I think I prefer that because then I can go nuts and not have to worry about a box structure.

Youtube has a lot of great resources that i've bookmarked for when the time is right.
I'm not the best artist so I plan to fill mine with tiny doodles and stickers, which is a cute way to decorate that's pretty cheap and easy (I got most of mine from the dollar section of target or the dollar store)

Also to answer your question: I think in 40 years people will still write stuff just maybe on tablets or something else. It would certainly make calligraphy easier.

.・。.・゜✫・.・✭・゜・。.
come check out my shop

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 02:34:42 )

I don't do it, but I love your writing style. I could read it all day.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.